OP
Kojo90

Kojo90

2+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I was accepted as well, "On behalf of the faculty, staff, and students of the School of Graduate Studies and Research at Meharry Medical College, I am pleased to inform you that your application for admission to the Master of Health Sciences Degree Program has been approved for the Fall 2019 term. This highly regarded and successful program will prepare you for possible admission and matriculation into Meharry Medical College." that email was long and I read every single line. After talking to someone who did this program and didn't get into Meharry and reading their acceptance email, I have decided to decline my acceptance so hopefully one of y'all who really wants it gets it. I'll go with Drexel (Philly here I come). I was accepted to DPMS as well which is the program I traveled for an interview in May.
I wish us all a great success in whatever we do cause at the end of the day, it doesn't matter where we go as long as we get that MD next to our name.
Good luck at Drexel!

May 1, 2019
I honestly quit at this point. I hope the best for the rest of you!
Feeling the same and it’s prolly the rejection wave next o_O just have to start a new plan and life goes on...thank God!
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!!!!

Last edited:
May 1, 2019
I doubt it, for me anyway. Nothing good happens in my life and today has been just bad. This was sort of the last straw.
Naw chill you being alive and well is the best thing lol plus if this door closes means it’s saving us from a lot of trouble ...I’m gonna go on a vacation to Maldives or Bali with that money I was planning to spend on this program comeback and reorganize my plan! Gotta live lol :banana:

mae_iv

2+ Year Member
May 13, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I doubt it, for me anyway. Nothing good happens in my life and today has been just bad. This was sort of the last straw.
Everyone’s journey is different. I’ve taken the MCAT a lot of times, applied a lot of times and still have to wait another year. This will be my second masters program. Didn’t get in after my 3.9 I got in the last one. So trust me, we all out here struggling !! Nothing in my journey has been given to me... but I like it that way. It makes me so much more appreciate when I do get there ! Prayer and Faith ! You’ve got this !

Mar 27, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I agree. Everyone’s journey is different. And this was my last straw. Some people have things going on in their lives beyond just getting into a program (this isn’t really speaking towards you but to others who are dismissive because their situation is different). Ignore my previous message since I was semi-venting but I meant it.
Ok but they literally just started admitting people. You gotta be positive. If it works out tomorrow or the day after you would have wasted all that energy being somewhat negative. Pray if your spiritual and get some rest. Like the late great Nipsey hussle said, stay 10 toes down, never fold. It’s not in you it on you and what you got they can’t ever take away. TMC!

Dec 20, 2018
I agree. Everyone’s journey is different. And this was my last straw. Some people have things going on in their lives beyond just getting into a program (this isn’t really speaking towards you but to others who are dismissive because their situation is different). Ignore my previous message since I was semi-venting but I meant it.
You don’t even know if they’re done sending out acceptances though. I’m just saying, the moment you give up on yourself is the moment you fail. Besides, not everyone that got an acceptance is doing the program.

May 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I got an acceptance email late last night. Has anyone called Meharry to ask about financial aid for the program?
I got an acceptance email late last night. Has anyone called Meharry to ask about financial aid for the program?
Strictly loans - be sure you have done your FAFSA

Reactions: Grizzlysmiles
Jul 22, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Just called and they will be sending out updates this week. For those of us who haven’t received any notice yet just have faith.
I just called a minute ago. I spoke to a woman who said if you haven't received any notification, it means your application is still under review by the committee and they release acceptances as the committee gives it to them.

Dec 20, 2018
The person I spoke to directly said this so idk
Well decisions aren’t exactly acceptances, that’s why i’m wondering. They said they were trying to beef up the program to 100. I feel like if 100 acceptances were sent then y’all would have gotten rejection emails already.

Angelyka

MissUnderstood Spoonie
10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2006
Studyland
Status
Pre-Medical
Well decisions aren’t exactly acceptances, that’s why i’m wondering. They said they were trying to beef up the program to 100. I feel like if 100 acceptances were sent then y’all would have gotten rejection emails already.
That’s what I mean. He said 100 “acceptances” were sent yesterday and the rest of the “updates” will be sent out today.