Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I mean. He said 100 “acceptances” were sent yesterday and the rest of the “updates” will be sent out today.

Oh, maybe they’re waiting to see who all accepts and then fill spots accordingly for those that decide to reject the offer. That would make sense. We already know a few people decided not to do the program so there’s still hope for yall!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Just an FYI, the deadline to accept or reject the offer is June 21st so I’d set that for a deadline to hear something rather than going by their word.

Are you in the groupme?
I'm not in the GroupMe. I'll send you a message.

Also, I just spoke with an admissions counselor at Meharry and she said the program is 100 students in size. Completion of the program guarantees an expedited review of one's medical school application, which could lead to an interview. She also said the requirements for the program won't be released until right before the school year starts because they look at the averages of the incoming class to determine the numbers.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, maybe they’re waiting to see who all accepts and then fill spots accordingly for those that decide to reject the offer. That would make sense. We already know a few people decided not to do the program so there’s still hope for yall!

It actually makes sense to me for them to send 100 acceptances and still have more to send because just like med school and just like what we saw on this forum lots of us have already gotten into our top choices, other programs, etc.. and turn down the offer so what I know med schools do is send acceptances 2x the class size.. so it looks like that maybe 1/2 of our MHS class is now filled (give or take) if they go by the same system as med schools.. hopefully this makes sense! Still waiting, and praying!

I'm not in the GroupMe. I'll send you a message.

Also, I just spoke with an admissions counselor at Meharry and she said the program is 100 students in size. Completion of the program guarantees an expedited review of one's medical school application, which could lead to an interview. She also said the requirements for the program won't be released until right before the school year starts because they look at the averages of the incoming class to determine the numbers.

They’re probably gona send that info in July.

Waitlisted but my mama got faith that whatever will happen, it will happen for my best haha

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did they even reject anyone? I’m thinking we all got waitlisted..

I've been waitlisted as well.

I am pre-dental- have they accepted any dental students to the MHS program?

Waitlisted and 4 of my friends who also applied got the same. I’m thinking they waitlisted everyone...

This is beyond frustrating. They said well here back July 12 at the latest.

And I’m trying to figure out how many seats are available and how to get off the waitlist because they said there is no particular placement

I've been waitlisted as well. I'm nervous now & will be praying harder than ever :(

... waitlisted. the anxiety continues. y'all, my whole life is in Nashville, maybe next cycle I should cast my net out a little further. also I can't help but beat myself up for this. what more do I have to do to be competitive in this friggen field?!?

Well at least it wasn’t a flat out rejection, let’s have faith. I’m praying for the best for all of us!

Reactions: 5 users
How are you all going to reply to the waitlist email to “hold your place?”

Attachments

• 20190611_142201.jpg
    20190611_142201.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 149
... waitlisted. the anxiety continues. y'all, my whole life is in Nashville, maybe next cycle I should cast my net out a little further. also I can't help but beat myself up for this. what more do I have to do to be competitive in this friggen field?!?

Hit up one of my LBs who graduated from this yrs class, said for the most part, know the right people... Just reiterating what he said smh

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted too. I’m sad. Lol. Did everyone who got a email today get waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 user
It’s not over for y’all! Keep praying and have faith!

It isn’t killing a “chance” I never had. Again, I spoke directly to someone about me.

You do have a chance because you’re waitlisted, not rejected which means there’s still a chance. No chance would be being rejected. You trippin. People are obviously gona move off the waitlist since people are rejecting the program. You don’t know where you stand on that list. You’re killing your own chance.

Shoooot might have to run up on admissions and the committee lol.

• Haha
Hey Ya'll been lurking, lurking for a min but never said anything.
But I got that Waitlist email this morning too.

Stats

2.856 uGPA , 501 MCAT

Prayers up!

It isn’t killing a “chance” I never had. Again, I spoke directly to someone about me.
Hey do what's best for you. I'm not going to stay on the waitlist either. I already have a masters of interdisciplinary health science and a master's of biomedical science. I don't want another master that isn't going to lead to a career if one requirement is not met. The other two since they both required me to do a real research project with thesis/paper I know I can a research position somewhere. This degree is a little useless if it doesn't go as planned. Granted, I'm getting another master's but in public health which will lead to a viable career that I will enjoy.

Wow. Congratulations to everyone accepted, I can’t wait to work with you all in August.

All my Waitlisted people, don’t be discouraged. Working in admissions we know that on average about 30-40% of people reject offers so that means about 30 of you all in here will be receiving a late acceptance and unfortunately that means you may not be accepted until the week of the program, but if you want to be a doctor bad enough you go with it and make it happen!

Congrats to the accepted and congrats to the future acceptances.

Reactions: 7 users
Wow. Congratulations to everyone accepted, I can’t wait to work with you all in August.

All my Waitlisted people, don’t be discouraged. Working in admissions we know that on average about 30-40% of people reject offers so that means about 30 of you all in here will be receiving a late acceptance and unfortunately that means you may not be accepted until the week of the program, but if you want to be a doctor bad enough you go with it and make it happen!

Congrats to the accepted and congrats to the future acceptances.

Thanks for the encouragement! Congrats on your acceptance. Hoping to be on one of those moved from waitlist to acceptance

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.