Angelyka

MissUnderstood Spoonie
10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2006
Studyland
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey do what's best for you. I'm not going to stay on the waitlist either. I already have a masters of interdisciplinary health science and a master's of biomedical science. I don't want another master that isn't going to lead to a career if one requirement is not met. The other two since they both required me to do a real research project with thesis/paper I know I can a research position somewhere. This degree is a little useless if it doesn't go as planned. Granted, I'm getting another master's but in public health which will lead to a viable career that I will enjoy.
Same. I already have a masters from a medical school. I was told directly about my application. The waitlist emails were a generic mass emailing. Technically, they don’t apply to me. So, no I’m not tripping when being told that I am unofficially rejected.

Sep 24, 2018
Same. I already have a masters from a medical school. I was told directly about my application. The waitlist emails were a generic mass emailing. Technically, they don’t apply to me. So, no I’m not tripping when being told that I am unofficially rejected.
Sorry I might seem nosy! But how do you know you will not be accepted ? Did they tell this to you over the phone ? Did you tell them to open your app and look? Don’t we all have an equal chance from the waitlist including you ?

Reactions: kiyaj
Jul 1, 2018

Hmm , if I was in your position I would be finessing my ass out with that medical school you got your masters from. There is a reason why they didn’t take you over other applicants that didn’t come from their school. Find out why ma’am, if they say they don’t know , it’s a damn lie. Maybe you didn’t network efficiently? Or you pissed someone who oversees all applications.

Cuz it doesn’t make sense to me.

Last edited:

iqe2010

7+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey do what's best for you. I'm not going to stay on the waitlist either. I already have a masters of interdisciplinary health science and a master's of biomedical science. I don't want another master that isn't going to lead to a career if one requirement is not met. The other two since they both required me to do a real research project with thesis/paper I know I can a research position somewhere. This degree is a little useless if it doesn't go as planned. Granted, I'm getting another master's but in public health which will lead to a viable career that I will enjoy.
If you did well in those programs you might want to focus on knocking the MCAT out the park.

Jun 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
... waitlisted. the anxiety continues. y'all, my whole life is in Nashville, maybe next cycle I should cast my net out a little further. also I can't help but beat myself up for this. what more do I have to do to be competitive in this friggen field?!?
All hope isn't lost. Fisk actually has a bridge program with Vanderbilt and it is a fully funded program with a stipend. It call the masters to Ph.D bridge program. Look into Morehouse Biomedical program it is two year program. I think for sure looking outside of Nashville wouldn't hurt but just cause you wont have MD or DDS behind your name at 24 doesn't mean you are not going to get in. Take a deep breath, have some faith.

Reactions: blueivycarter

iqe2010

7+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats and good luck to those accepted. I just checked my email and I’m waitlisted. I’m somewhat of a cynical person so I’m taking that as a rejection.

There is one more program I should be hearing back from at the end of this month. However, I am going to schedule the MCAT for late August. I think my score is what is holding me back. Also, I have a file review session with another masters program next month. They’re going to discuss with me how I can improve my app.

Stay encouraged y’all.

Reactions: SimplyyMee
May 18, 2019
I’ve heard from others that those waitlist emails were generic as well (hence the no ranking)

Still holding out hope though, I’m sure the ones that decline will open up spots for us.

Mar 29, 2019
If you did well in those programs you might want to focus on knocking the MCAT out the park.
I did fairly well in my programs. My MCAT is a 493. I remember when I first got a review from a medical school the first thing out her mouth was that MCAT needs to be worked on. I know that. I have been known that which is why I have leaned more to mph than this program because I know even with a prep course I may not do as well ( took one before while in school and had to choose between doing well in classes versus studying for mcat)

iqe2010

7+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I did fairly well in my programs. My MCAT is a 493. I remember when I first got a review from a medical school the first thing out her mouth was that MCAT needs to be worked on. I know that. I have been known that which is why I have leaned more to mph than this program because I know even with a prep course I may not do as well ( took one before while in school and had to choose between doing well in classes versus studying for mcat)
Honestly I think prep classes are a rip off. I improved my score by 7 points just by taking more practice exams.

Reactions: mae_iv
Jun 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Dental
If you got accepted can you like this post. If you got waitlisted sad face this post. Because if I am not mistaken no one got accepted but waitlisted. Can we also be mindful of keeping the energy light as well. We were really helpful, in previous post. So is it possible to get a list of great bridge programs compiled for those who may not get off the wait list. I think this would be comforting to most. I also believe in keeping the faith but making plans in the meantime between time. If you have any advise on how you are planning on moving forward, can you please share. I spoke about mine briefly.

Dental applicant to Meharry. I was waitlisted at Rutgers. Invited to apply to this program. I applied, I also applied at Morehouse Medical School Biomedical Science program. It is Two year program and was admitted last week and if this doesn't fall through this will be what I will use as my bridge to build my GPA. DAT school is a 22. I am sure that a masters program is what I would need to boost my application after some feedback. I still however, I took a stab at applying to dental school anyways this year and was waitlisted at Rutgers. Either way I couldn't deal with the anxiety of knowing so I believe in cultivating multiple opportunities.

Some program links:

Teaching could be an options for those who need to take a gap year and would like to work and study for the DAT or MCAT.

Morehouse Biomedical Science Program

Fisk Masters to Ph.D Bridge Program (fully funded with 2,200 a month stipend)

Mercer Biomedical Science Program

FAMU chemistry or biology master (paid full ride with 500 a month stipend)

These are the programs I looked into when I was applying however, I am sure there are more.. I think we should share NEXT STEPS on how to move forward if we can.

OP
Kojo90

Kojo90

2+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
If you got accepted can you like this post. If you got waitlisted sad face this post. Because if I am not mistaken no one got accepted but waitlisted. Can we also be mindful of keeping the energy light as well. We were really helpful, in previous post. So is it possible to get a list of great bridge programs compiled for those who may not get off the wait list. I think this would be comforting to most. I also believe in keeping the faith but making plans in the meantime between time. If you have any advise on how you are planning on moving forward, can you please share. I spoke about mine briefly.

Dental applicant to Meharry. I was waitlisted at Rutgers. Invited to apply to this program. I applied, I also applied at Morehouse Medical School Biomedical Science program. It is Two year program and was admitted last week and if this doesn't fall through this will be what I will use as my bridge to build my GPA. DAT school is a 22. I am sure that a masters program is what I would need to boost my application after some feedback. I still however, I took a stab at applying to dental school anyways this year and was waitlisted at Rutgers. Either way I couldn't deal with the anxiety of knowing so I believe in cultivating multiple opportunities.

Some program links:

Teaching could be an options for those who need to take a gap year and would like to work and study for the DAT or MCAT.

Morehouse Biomedical Science Program

Fisk Masters to Ph.D Bridge Program (fully funded with 2,200 a month stipend)

Mercer Biomedical Science Program

FAMU chemistry or biology master (paid full ride with 500 a month stipend)

These are the programs I looked into when I was applying however, I am sure there are more.. I think we should share NEXT STEPS on how to move forward if we can.
Congrats on the acceptance to Morehouse's program. That is a really good program any most of the ppl who finish not get multiple acceptances including Morehouse

Feb 28, 2019
I personally would look in Morehouse School of Medicine’s Master of Science in Medical Science program! They have a more proven track record of their students matriculating into MD. The MSBS program is somemwhat helpful if you want to go PhD route. Also, MSM has an APEX program you could do over the summer with intense MCAT prep and those students typically get accepted into an MD program as well.

FIU has a bridge program, but it’s a certificate so no federal funding...all private loans :/

CalMed also has a bridge program, I believe it’s a MBS program with guaranteed interview.

iqe2010

7+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I was also waitlisted, but got into the GEMS program at Georgetown. I would look into that as well, since they also have a good track record of accepting students into their medical program.
Do you have to be “disadvantaged” to get into this program?

Feb 28, 2019
Yeah, for the MSMS program at Morehouse.....several people I know got into medical school after 1 year in the program. Just rock out in your classes, and kill the MCAT and you won’t have to complete both years....unless you want to.

Dec 20, 2018
Dang if they moved the program up to 100 students they must anticipate a lot coming off the waitlist or there’s 68 people people who don’t know about the group.
Yea I’m not sure. I doubt most people knew about SDN or the Facebook group so you never know. The Facebook group has 31 people

Angelyka

MissUnderstood Spoonie
10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2006
Studyland
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry I might seem nosy! But how do you know you will not be accepted ? Did they tell this to you over the phone ? Did you tell them to open your app and look? Don’t we all have an equal chance from the waitlist including you ?
Yes, this person has directly looked at me application. He has even named off each of my recommenders.

Reactions: Hope143

Angelyka

MissUnderstood Spoonie
10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2006
Studyland
Status
Pre-Medical
Hmm , if I was in your position I would be finessing my ass out with that medical school you got your masters from. There is a reason why they didn’t take you over other applicants that didn’t come from their school. Find out why ma’am, if they say they don’t know , it’s a damn lie. Maybe you didn’t network efficiently? Or you pissed someone who oversees all applications.

Cuz it doesn’t make sense to me.
I definitely know why I haven’t been accepted to medical schools so far and it’s beyond by control (nothing that is a fault of mine) so I am done fighting.

Reactions: Luke SKy

Angelyka

MissUnderstood Spoonie
10+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2006
Studyland
Status
Pre-Medical
Alright y'all, I'm retiring from this group. I was waitlisted but I’m gonna remove my name and focus on this upcoming cycle. All the best to everyone! If this is really your dream, it’ll happen. Maybe not on your desired time, but it will!!! #noplanBs
That’s good that you know what will work for you and that no one is saying you’re tripping. I’m going to believe your dream will happen. Maybe come back on SDN with some good news next year!