Meharry Medical College Master of Health Science 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, you'll submit an application during the program to be interviewed and admitted. They will walk you through the processes during zoom meetings if y'all are still virtual or in class I presume if y'all are in person.
Thank you so much. I appreciate your prompt reply.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone, new here. does Meharry have any masters programs where you complete their masters program and matriculate into their medical school? I saw some schools do that, just was wondering if this one is also doing it

I Have the same question. Does anybody know by chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an idea of when we’ll hear back for acceptances?
since the deadline is March 31st, I'm guesstimating mid April. I think the earliest people heard back last year was April 20 something. Hopefully using PostBacCAS this year will help speed the process!

hi everybody! i’m applying to the masters program for this year at meharry also but i noticed that on postbaccas that the deadline for the masters of health science program is “rolling.” what does that mean? on meharry’s website it says the application is due march 31st. do you guys think they’ll actually accept applications after march 31st. i’m kind of last minute about applying due to finding out about the program a couple of weeks ago. thanks in advance guys :)

hi everybody! i’m applying to the masters program for this year at meharry also but i noticed that on postbaccas that the deadline for the masters of health science program is “rolling.” what does that mean? on meharry’s website it says the application is due march 31st. do you guys think they’ll actually accept applications after march 31st. i’m kind of last minute about applying due to finding out about the program a couple of weeks ago. thanks in advance guys :)
I noticed that as well. I feel like its still due March 31st and is a mistake on PostBacCAS (I could be wrong), but I would email Mr.Samuel Chandler ([email protected]) just to be sure! He responds pretty quickly in my experience. Wishing you luck with your application :)

Rolling means that they have started to review applications as they come, which means y'all should hear back soon if you are a part of the first wave of acceptance group which was April 29th for us.

Does anyone know about housing situations? Like if we get student housing or if we have to find apartments on our own?
Lol, this is funny, I'm still on the waitlist for student housing for which I applied last year. It worked out anyway because I just ended up staying with my folks and saving money. Umm, from what I've heard priority is given to the medical & dental folks first for the student housing. On top of that, the closer you are to the campus, the more expensive the rent is when I visited.

Last edited:
Rolling means that they have started to review applications as they come, which means y'all should hear back soon if you are a part of the first wave of acceptance group which was April 29th for us.

Lol, this is funny, I'm still on the waitlist for student housing for which I applied last year. It worked out anyway because I just ended up staying with my folks and saving money. Umm, from what I've heard priority is given to the medical & dental folks first for the student housing. On top of that, the closer you are to the campus, the more expensive the rent is when I visited.
Yikes so should I submit a housing application now? Or do I have to wait until acceptances come out?

On PostBacCas, did you guys upload a resume? I filled in the achievements and experience part of the application but was wondering if it is required to upload a resume and a photo. Thanks in advance!

I uploaded a CV (basically same as Resume) even though we had to fill out the experience section. For the photo you have to email it to Samuel Chandler since there is no option to upload on PostBaccCAS. His email is [email protected]
Thank you!! Also, is the picture required to be professionally taken or is it just a simple headshot?

Yikes so should I submit a housing application now? Or do I have to wait until acceptances come out?
Ehh I wouldn't worry myself, there are plenty of housing options to choose from here, especially if student housing doesn't work out. But if you are dead set on moving to Nashville for this program, then I would highly recommend starting to look now, while waiting on the student housing process, just in case.

Sorry for all the questions lol, but did you guys submit one or two letters of recommendation? Is it okay for someone to write a letter of recommendation describing your character, instead of how you are academically or professionally?

Members don't see this ad :)
My resume has a photo on it, you guys think that's okay? Or should I email a photo???

Hi everyone, did anyone get an email saying that there application was received and is being reviewed? I applied 4/3 so I am just wondering if I missed the deadline.

Hi everyone, did anyone get an email saying that there application was received and is being reviewed? I applied 4/3 so I am just wondering if I missed the deadline.
Yes, they sent an email to me saying that my app was complete and being forwarded to the admissions committee for review.

Did the email come from postbacc cas or Meharry? How long after you submitted the application did you get that email?

I’ve been calling the office and I haven’t gotten through to anyone. I turned in my application 4/3 and I didn’t get a confirmation email. I’m nervous that I missed the deadline.

I’ve been calling the office and I haven’t gotten through to anyone. I turned in my application 4/3 and I didn’t get a confirmation email. I’m nervous that I missed the deadline.
I believe the application was due 3/31. I know on PostBaccCAS it said rolling but i went with the 3/31 deadline.

Hi :) Any updates from the program?
At this point, do you think we will hear before April 29th?

I found out late about this program and applied shortly before the deadline. March 30th lol

This sounds like a great program to be in though.

Hi :) Any updates from the program?
At this point, do you think we will hear before April 29th?

I found out late about this program and applied shortly before the deadline. March 30th lol

This sounds like a great program to be in though.
Currently, we are in the final 2-3 weeks of this program, so probably will receive word around that time. But anything can come up and delay sending out the acceptance. Lol, whatever happens, just know you are in good hands. :)

Currently, we are in the final 2-3 weeks of this program, so probably will receive word around that time. But anything can come up and delay sending out the acceptance. Lol, whatever happens, just know you are in good hands. :)
Do you by chance know how many people from your program was accepted into the medical school?

Do you by chance know how many people from your program was accepted into the medical school?
Umm, no one has been accepted yet in our cohort, we don't get evaluated until after the last grade has been submitted. This is to see who obtains/maintains that required gpa for the medical (3.5) or dental (not sure 3.0?) route at the end.

Reactions: 1 users
Thannk you :) Do you know when the first wave of decisions will come out?
I was reading past SDN threads and got nervous seeing July acceptances :(

i saw the earliest ppl getting accepted at the end of April last year and even in May for like the first wave so maybe we have some hope!

i saw the earliest ppl getting accepted at the end of April last year and even in May for like the first wave so maybe we have some hope!
Hi :)
Yep I just saw that :O I applied that one day before the deadline, but it looks like its gonna be a wait either way, cause they are finalizing MD interviews?

Hi there. Have you heard anything about whether the program will remain virtual for the incoming cohort?

we had some people get accepted in April, I personally got accepted in mid/late June, a couple people got accepted the day before orientation, best I can say is try to keep your wits lol you'll hear from them

we had some people get accepted in April, I personally got accepted in mid/late June, a couple people got accepted the day before orientation, best I can say is try to keep your wits lol you'll hear from them
thank you for the insider info, I am sure this info is helping us applicants not go crazy :p Can you also confirm if the program is still virtual or is it in person??

thank you for the insider info, I am sure this info is helping us applicants not go crazy :p Can you also confirm if the program is still virtual or is it in person??
lol no problem, and that much I don't know, I know TN is lifting their mask mandates so maybe but I wouldn't know

Just in case, I would start looking into apartments in Nashville just so you won't be caught off guard, that way if it is still virtual moving is your own personal choice since we do have people in the program who never moved to Nashville. So I would start looking into some apartments just in case

Reactions: 1 users
Just in case, I would start looking into apartments in Nashville just so you won't be caught off guard, that way if it is still virtual moving is your own personal choice since we do have people in the program who never moved to Nashville. So I would start looking into some apartments just in case
do you have any recommendations on places? These rent inflation prices are looking scary :/

Do you believe it is any more beneficial to be in Nashville for this program than not?

These rent prices are trash lol. I may have to move out of my current building to a cheaper one later this year because I just know they raising my rent lol but this document should be helpful, and you can also go to apartment finder . com to find slightly cheaper options and to look up the complexes on the list to get honest reviews; truthfully I feel like if its still virtual, save your money and stay where you're at if its cheaper. If you stay with family and they are cool stay with them, just go to the library or a quiet area for your tests/quizzes, if you have to move out, if its much cheaper where you are, stay there, but our class does put on some social events to bond, that will be what is missing. Otherwise I think you are fine where you are if its cheaper. I went to undergrad here (TSU) so I was already here but I'm from DC, if I was still in DC I probably wouldn't have moved down. I think the most you'll miss is some social events but I mean virtual sip and paint, virtual game night, its just going to a bowling place or something that you'll miss, I wouldn't worry too too much.

Attachments

• Welcome To Meharry.pdf
    259.8 KB · Views: 178
Reactions: 3 users
so do you guys pay rent with the loans you take out for school? I plan on moving to Nashville regardless if it’s in person or not. But, idk i feel like it wouldn’t be virtual again only bc covid cases aren’t that high but that’s just me speculating

so do you guys pay rent with the loans you take out for school? I plan on moving to Nashville regardless if it’s in person or not. But, idk i feel like it wouldn’t be virtual again only bc covid cases aren’t that high but that’s just me speculating
Yeah I'm using the refund to pay my rent, I think most of us are using the refund for rent unless you are able to get outside help like from family. I would suggest maybe trying to get together with each other see if anyone wants to be roommates which may help bring that cost down and since y'all both will be in the same program it helps to room with someone who may be stressing as much as you and you can keep each other level, share resources, and help each other succeed.

Reactions: 2 users
Also, go ahead and go to your amazon or local bookstore and get the neuroscience, physiology, and anatomy coloring books; oh also get some anatomy flashcards. You'll appreciate those extra resources. I have both Netter's flashcards and Kaplan flashcards. Kaplan flashcards have their cards labels by body system (integumentary system, skeletal system, etc) and Netters has it by body structure (head and neck, back and spinal cord, abdomen, etc), you'll probably be fine with one set but I found my flashcards after I had already bought another set so thats why I have 2 sets.

Reactions: 5 users
Also, go ahead and go to your amazon or local bookstore and get the neuroscience, physiology, and anatomy coloring books; oh also get some anatomy flashcards. You'll appreciate those extra resources. I have both Netter's flashcards and Kaplan flashcards. Kaplan flashcards have their cards labels by body system (integumentary system, skeletal system, etc) and Netters has it by body structure (head and neck, back and spinal cord, abdomen, etc), you'll probably be fine with one set but I found my flashcards after I had already bought another set so thats why I have 2 sets.
Lmaoo, Yeah do all you can to do well in these courses, especially for anatomy cuz it had us like this for the spring semester.
1649797401429.png

• Haha
Lol you right you right, yes its difficult but doable, just make sure you use your resources; "Kenhub - Learn Human Anatomy" is an amazing YouTube channel that helps out, use your flashcards, your books and practice Q's for sure

so 🙈 who wants to volunteer as tribute and email to ask when we might hear back

• Haha
Has anyone gotten an acceptance or any updates in general?
This thread is keeping the hope alive for me lol

Reactions: 8 users
Just for clarification, once you complete this program and if accepted, you matriculate into the cycle that starts that following August right? You don't have to wait a whole year to matriculate?