• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

CaliMD

CaliDoc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2005
23
0
Status
Pre-Medical
I called the Admissions Office today, and just got the secondary via email. Do they actually screen for secondaries, or is this just apart of the process - to see if the applicant is motivated enough to call and ask about the progress of their app, hence being awarded a secondary?
 

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
2,526
6
Status
According to the MSAR they send 2ºs to "Approved screened applicants after receipt of $60 application processing fee."
Did you tell the admissions office you paid the money? I think that's part of how you show your motivation.
 

CaliMD

CaliDoc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 26, 2005
23
0
Status
Pre-Medical
desiredusername said:
According to the MSAR they send 2ºs to "Approved screened applicants after receipt of $60 application processing fee."
Did you tell the admissions office you paid the money? I think that's part of how you show your motivation.
Hahaha...no but I'm sure they looked it up. Funny how money makes things happen quickly.
 
About the Ads

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
2,526
6
Status
Either way, the point is they screen and then they ask for the money (at least that's how I read it).
So you made it this far (good work!); good luck with the rest!
 

madonna

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
494
0
los angeles
Status
Medical Student
desiredusername said:
Either way, the point is they screen and then they ask for the money (at least that's how I read it).
So you made it this far (good work!); good luck with the rest!
i got the $60 invite telling me that they will review my app upon getting the payment. and its been a month so i guess i'll call them. are there essays?
 

DrHuang

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2003
772
1
Status
Resident [Any Field]
CaliMD said:
I called the Admissions Office today, and just got the secondary via email. Do they actually screen for secondaries, or is this just apart of the process - to see if the applicant is motivated enough to call and ask about the progress of their app, hence being awarded a secondary?
actually, they do...they put me on 'pre-secondary hold'. I want my money back.
 

temmie

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2005
362
1
NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
CaliMD said:
I called the Admissions Office today, and just got the secondary via email. Do they actually screen for secondaries, or is this just apart of the process - to see if the applicant is motivated enough to call and ask about the progress of their app, hence being awarded a secondary?
I feel you too. I called them and got a secondary the same day. I got the fee waiver by the ways so i guess they want the motivation factor.
 
About the Ads