Michigan State Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaliMD

CaliDoc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called the Admissions Office today, and just got the secondary via email. Do they actually screen for secondaries, or is this just apart of the process - to see if the applicant is motivated enough to call and ask about the progress of their app, hence being awarded a secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

According to the MSAR they send 2ºs to "Approved screened applicants after receipt of $60 application processing fee."
Did you tell the admissions office you paid the money? I think that's part of how you show your motivation.

desiredusername said:
According to the MSAR they send 2ºs to "Approved screened applicants after receipt of $60 application processing fee."
Did you tell the admissions office you paid the money? I think that's part of how you show your motivation.

Hahaha...no but I'm sure they looked it up. Funny how money makes things happen quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Either way, the point is they screen and then they ask for the money (at least that's how I read it).
So you made it this far (good work!); good luck with the rest!

desiredusername said:
Either way, the point is they screen and then they ask for the money (at least that's how I read it).
So you made it this far (good work!); good luck with the rest!

i got the $60 invite telling me that they will review my app upon getting the payment. and its been a month so i guess i'll call them. are there essays?

CaliMD said:
I called the Admissions Office today, and just got the secondary via email. Do they actually screen for secondaries, or is this just apart of the process - to see if the applicant is motivated enough to call and ask about the progress of their app, hence being awarded a secondary?

actually, they do...they put me on 'pre-secondary hold'. I want my money back.

CaliMD said:

I feel you too. I called them and got a secondary the same day. I got the fee waiver by the ways so i guess they want the motivation factor.