Michigan State Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Octopus

Hospitalist
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sort of. I got a "application processing fee note." Once you pay the $55 fee, they will either send you a secondary or tell you that your application is not strong enough. Hmph:mad:

My question is should I just drop this school? I'm an out of state applicant. I only picked it because it wasn't too far away from home. I'm applying to 12 other schools. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, in the big scheme of things $55 isn't that much - and in reality this is no different than most schools that send the secondary to everyone, cash your check, make you write another 3 essays, and then screen....

So, if I were you, I would go with it unless
a) You firmly believe you will get in somewhere else and
b) You probably wouldn't attend this school anyway and just threw it on the list (I always thought it was weird when people added schools they didn't really want to go to - but then when I was faced with that blank AMCAS screen I admit I ended up putting on some schools that, in the cold light of day, I probably won't fill out secondaries for....)

Actually, I did kind of just throw this one on the list to fill up space. I know I'm not favored for acceptance there, and I would definitely prefer one of my state schools over them. I'm confident that I'll get into one of my own state schools, if not one of my top choices. I guess I will let this one go and save some money.

Members don't see this ad :)
Save it for my lunch treat come acceptance day :cool: :D