Michigan State University c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an OOS invite to interview a little after 2PM today! March 1 was the latest interview date on my RSVP form.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
anyone know if hotels in East Lansing have discounted rates for people interviewing? I know a couple schools I've interviewed at had similar discounts

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Interview! To all of those that were wait listed, don't be too nervous. I was #13 on the interview wait list last year and was offered an interview!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, dont feel bad. My Experience was very high and apparently gpa doesn't matter so I will be curious to follow up. I still have three out

I’m sorry to hear this. I remember you talking about your experiences one time and they sounded great! Definitely make sure you get a file review come March/April. Do you have any outstanding schools left?

OOS rejected. :(

Congrats to those of you with interviews!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all those OOS's who got invites so far!

I'm really sad to see a lot of familiar names post rejections. Definitely get a file review in the spring! It helped me immensely (I didn't even get an interview last year), since my academics didn't really change since last cycle but I learned what I should be focussing on in my essays and experiences, and that made all the difference!

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected OOS. Good luck to everyone else! Kill it at those interviews! :)

Does anyone know if final acceptance is file review and interview or does academics fall into final acceptance as well?

OOS Interview for March 1, by the way!

Members don't see this ad :)
If there will still be interviews on March 1, does that mean final decisions will not go out until after that?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if final acceptance is file review and interview or does academics fall into final acceptance as well?

OOS Interview for March 1, by the way!

It's based on file review and interview. Last year, they based it off of a 20 point scale. 15 points of file review (small animal, large animal, research, diversity, personal hardship; all scaled 1-3), then 5 points for interview.

It's based on file review and interview. Last year, they based it off of a 20 point scale. 15 points of file review (small animal, large animal, research, diversity, personal hardship; all scaled 1-3), then 5 points for interview.

If I'm remembering correctly then what they told the tour guides back in November was that once you get to the interview stage, the interview is what they'll be looking at. So I don't think it's going to be quite the same as however they did things last year.

If there will still be interviews on March 1, does that mean final decisions will not go out until after that?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

At the interview on Friday, they said OOS decisions will not go out until after that date, so early to mid-March I think

If I'm remembering correctly then what they told the tour guides back in November was that once you get to the interview stage, the interview is what they'll be looking at. So I don't think it's going to be quite the same as however they did things last year.

Well damn. Hopefully I interview better this year than I did last year!

update re: interview accommodations

I received a response from Dr. Mejia Abreu who said she would put me in touch with the disabilities office. So, I wasn't told the same thing about not having time to take notes, etc. She did request that I not send accommodations needs to the admissions office, so I guess I sent it to the wrong people! Either way, I'm being put in touch with the accommodations folks who will make recommendations to admissions for my interview, it seems.

update re: interview accommodations

I received a response from Dr. Mejia Abreu who said she would put me in touch with the disabilities office. So, I wasn't told the same thing about not having time to take notes, etc. She did request that I not send accommodations needs to the admissions office, so I guess I sent it to the wrong people! Either way, I'm being put in touch with the accommodations folks who will make recommendations to admissions for my interview, it seems.
Good luck!!

I’m almost positive it’s just your interview in the end. Correct me if I’m wrong @finnickthedog @MSUcvmHOPE.
They made it sound like they looked at your file review score and your interview score. But she emphasized that they were not simply added together in acceptance decisions.

How it was explained to me, it's a new system since I got admitted:
Once you're in the interview round, they are only looking at your interview score for decisions. They only time they go back to grades are in the case of a tie.

I’m sorry to hear this. I remember you talking about your experiences one time and they sounded great! Definitely make sure you get a file review come March/April. Do you have any outstanding schools left?
Three lmu, wisconsin, and Iowa. Vmcvm is almost to their waitlist cutoff date.

If I dont get in im putting in more small animal as I only have about 600-700 hours compared to my large amount of LA ( Im looking for work at the moment and putting in resumes to clinics as I started small animal) and not being shy about diversity like I was before.

The later supplemental for Wisconsin let me talk about how being trans affects how I interact with clients and how it has helped in learning how to deal with people from all walks of life. I'll also have more research and a published paper ( something Wisconsins later app in nov let me put in as well)

I don't feel horrible not getting an invite. So many qualified folks didn't that I dont feel alone this time. I'm glad a lot of folks did get an invite :D you deserve it and go rock it. Wear comfy shoes!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey oh wise and awesome current MSU students, when were you able to download your 'intent to enroll' form? The link says it will be available in January 2019...it's been January, for 12 days already.
I have much 'intent' and no platform to declare it. Lol
(This coming from a place of checking my mailbox for my physical letter and checking the website for the form at least twice a day...)

Hey oh wise and awesome current MSU students, when were you able to download your 'intent to enroll' form? The link says it will be available in January 2019...it's been January, for 12 days already.
(This coming from a place of checking my mailbox for my physical letter and checking the website for the form at least twice a day...)
Pretty sure that was in an email. You have until like april to fill it out so don't stress. Otherwise everything else was here: 1: MSU Checklist
Doesn't look ready yet

Gotta admit their onboarding process was a little weird last year, I always felt a little out of the loop. Not sure if it will be better this year or if my expectations are too high.

Glad I'm not the only one who has been waiting for the intent to enroll form to appear on the website, and getting antsy about it. :laugh: I may have already paid my deposit..

A couple questions for those in the new curriculum Finnick mentioned not needing to go to every lecture, but that it's different with the new curriculum. If you miss a day of classes to being sick, how hard is it to catch up with the shortened timeline of classes? Not something I thought about at the interview, but the ick finally went around at work this week and it's fresh in my mind. :depressed:

Glad I'm not the only one who has been waiting for the intent to enroll form to appear on the website, and getting antsy about it. :laugh: I may have already paid my deposit..

A couple questions for those in the new curriculum Finnick mentioned not needing to go to every lecture, but that it's different with the new curriculum. If you miss a day of classes to being sick, how hard is it to catch up with the shortened timeline of classes? Not something I thought about at the interview, but the ick finally went around at work this week and it's fresh in my mind. :depressed:
So far I have done everything in my power to not miss class. They do have remediation and our class is very good about sharing notes, etc but if you miss a clicker question for attendance you would just lose that point I think. It seems like several people bhave been able to reschedule quizzes/exams with notice and good reason

Glad I'm not the only one who has been waiting for the intent to enroll form to appear on the website, and getting antsy about it. I may have already paid my deposit..

i am in the same boat lol. i thought i was the only one checking for the intent to enroll form pretty frequently.

i also wish they would let us know about the vaccines we need sooner so I can make arrangements with my primary doctor back in my hometown.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

i am in the same boat lol. i thought i was the only one checking for the intent to enroll form pretty frequently.

i also wish they would let us know about the vaccines we need sooner so I can make arrangements with my primary doctor back in my hometown.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You could definitely get a Tdap. The TB test last year couldn't be done before a certain date so you won't be able to do that til at least almost august
Edit: by spring they mean like April so you guys are way early lol

Last edited:
Does anyone know about how many people get taken off the interview waitlist? Trying to see if I should get my hopes up or not lol

Does anyone know about how many people get taken off the interview waitlist? Trying to see if I should get my hopes up or not lol

Last year I was #13 on the wait list and was pulled for the second to last day of interviews. So there was more than likely even more people pulled after I was.

So far I have done everything in my power to not miss class. They do have remediation and our class is very good about sharing notes, etc but if you miss a clicker question for attendance you would just lose that point I think. It seems like several people bhave been able to reschedule quizzes/exams with notice and good reason

Oh definitely. I'll power through a cold but what went through my workplace was suspected norovirus. :eek: No one wants to share that. I don't miss often, but things happen and I hadn't even thought to ask about that when I was at the Q&A.

They just sent out an email today saying official acceptance letters are going out this week and that the enrollment forms will be out ASAP but no official date because they have some legal reviewing matters going on.

Haven’t interviewed yet... (next moday eeek!) I was wondering when they are *expected* to let OOS know about acceptances and such?

Haven’t interviewed yet... (next moday eeek!) I was wondering when they are *expected* to let OOS know about acceptances and such?

After March 1st, it seems, which I believe is the last day of interviews.

Last year I was #13 on the wait list and was pulled for the second to last day of interviews. So there was more than likely even more people pulled after I was.
oh man okay /:

I was called off the waitlist yesterday I was #3 so for those on the waitlist they sre already starting to call off of it

Welp, I'm #42 on the waitlist. I doubt I'll get called for an interview :-\

I am OOS and just received a call about an interview for March 1st!

Just removed myself from the OOS interview waitlist and I do not know my ranking on it! Best of luck everyone!!

Oh definitely. I'll power through a cold but what went through my workplace was suspected norovirus. :eek: No one wants to share that. I don't miss often, but things happen and I hadn't even thought to ask about that when I was at the Q&A.

They just sent out an email today saying official acceptance letters are going out this week and that the enrollment forms will be out ASAP but no official date because they have some legal reviewing matters going on.
I missed class this past Monday for a conference and they were awesome about letting the few of us who missed do our presentations on another day! Super awesome of them to do that for us.

Interviewed today. Felt like I completely butchered it now the waiting process begins. Ugh.

Aw why do you think you butchered it?

I feel like we all do better on interviews than we think. I got an acceptance to a school that I thought I interviewed badly at.

You’ll never know what the admissions people thought so chin up! Waiting is probably the only agonizing part :cool:
Not good at ethics questions.
Did ok in a few but kinda doubting my interview abilities now.