Midwestern 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know if this readily available information, but do most people who interview get an acceptance or waitlist barring any major red flags?
Yes, the announcer mentioned that not many people get outright rejected once they're at the interview stage. As a side note this going to make me feel worse if I ended up being that one person that gets rejected [emoji24]
 
For those who have gotten an acceptance, how long do you have to accept or deny your spot? I have heard for their Optometry program you have 30 days to confirm your spot, but I am unsure if this is the same for the CVM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have gotten an acceptance, how long do you have to accept or deny your spot? I have heard for their Optometry program you have 30 days to confirm your spot, but I am unsure if this is the same for the CVM.
I could be wrong but I don't think any final results were released yet
 
It feels like I literally forgot how to be human [emoji23] Only time can tell I suppose. I appreciate your kindness 🙂
I feel the same way! I have no idea how my interview went and I generally feel pretty good about my interview skills. Do you think there's any chance we will hear before thanksgiving?
 
I feel the same way! I have no idea how my interview went and I generally feel pretty good about my interview skills. Do you think there's any chance we will hear before thanksgiving?
It's so helpful to hear other people's perspective. I usually do fine for job interviews but I was a ball of anxiety that day sadly (Hopefully I look back on this with good news)

From what they've mentioned, I think results will be out before the end of the month. I would love to get an update before Thanksgiving
 
Last edited:
For those who have gotten an acceptance, how long do you have to accept or deny your spot? I have heard for their Optometry program you have 30 days to confirm your spot, but I am unsure if this is the same for the CVM.
there is a universal decision day in April (I can’t remember the exact day) that no school can make you decide before. The person in my interview reiterated this.
 
there is a universal decision day in April (I can’t remember the exact day) that no school can make you decide before. The person in my interview reiterated this.
April 15th is the deadline usually. I have received an offer from Bristol (UK) and that is the deadline I was given for my final decision.
 
Has anyone switched their virtual interview to in-person? I received an invitation today and selected virtual but now I’m changing my mind and want to go in person. TIA. 🙂
 
Has anyone switched their virtual interview to in-person? I received an invitation today and selected virtual but now I’m changing my mind and want to go in person. TIA. 🙂
When did you submit your application?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if doing an in person vs. virtual interview is better according to the committee? Like will going in person better my chances of an acceptance?
 
does anyone know if doing an in person vs. virtual interview is better according to the committee? Like will going in person better my chances of an acceptance?
I think both in-person and virtual is equally considered and fairly evaluated
 
does anyone know if doing an in person vs. virtual interview is better according to the committee? Like will going in person better my chances of an acceptance?
I’ve not heard that any admissions office favors applicants who choose either, so I’d say go with whichever format you feel more comfortable with!
 
I’ve not heard that any admissions office favors applicants who choose either, so I’d say go with whichever format you feel more comfortable with!
I agree with this! The only thing that you might want to factor in also is that in person interviewees can tour campus and get a feel for the area, if that is something you would want to gain more familiarity with. I would have loved to go in person and seen the campus if I could have!
 
Last edited:
For anyone that’s interviewed via zoom, will it actually take the full 6 hours?
No- what happens is everyone interviewing that day logs on at the start time. They then give a brief rundown of the interview process and then assign you an interview time. For example mine was at 12:30, so I could leave the zoom call and come back for my interview time. My actual interview was only 35 minutes. After everyone is done with their interview, there's a presentation about the program and then a student panel to answer any questions. The whole process started at 11am and I was done by 4pm, but I was able to leave before/after my interview and come back for my actual interview and the presentation at the end.
 
Finally heard back yesterday morning that I was accepted for an interview!! My application was verified around 9/10
your midwestern app verified specifically or is it the vmcas app? i cant find where or when midwestern was verified. i still havent heard anything 🙁
 
Finally heard back yesterday morning that I was accepted for an interview!! My application was verified around 9/10
did you email them or just check the portal? haven't heard anything so I'm not sure whether to wait it out or send something to them
 
Hello! Had the in person Midwestern interview yesterday! They said they will try and meet before the Thanksgiving break as a committee to try and release decisions in December, but if they do not meet, decisions will be early January! They told us they try and aim for under thirty days, but with the upcoming holidays there may be some delay.
 
Hello! Had the in person Midwestern interview yesterday! They said they will try and meet before the Thanksgiving break as a committee to try and release decisions in December, but if they do not meet, decisions will be early January! They told us they try and aim for under thirty days, but with the upcoming holidays there may be some delay.
I hope they release decisions before the Holidays so I can at least tell my family if I got in somewhere or not :,)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did you email them or just check the portal? haven't heard anything so I'm not sure whether to wait it out or send something to them
did you end up sending an email? my portal still says awaiting decision, but since interviews already started, i have a feeling this is just a rejection 🙁
 
Looking at last cycle. It appears this goes into January. The feedback is that awaiting decision means they have not even looked at your application yet. I am in same boat. Time will tell.
thank you SO much. i really needed to hear this. i posted on reddit and someone had said that they already sent out most of their interviews so i was freaking out. good luck!
 
Looking at last cycle. It appears this goes into January. The feedback is that awaiting decision means they have not even looked at your application yet. I am in same boat. Time will tell.
Awaiting decision doesn't necessarily mean they haven't looked at your application. I already interviewed and my portal still says awaiting decision.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m OOS and was verified on September 4th, been awaiting decision… well up until a few miniutes ago !!!! Just got this on my portal and received an email, but it doesn’t show me any dates or times ? Anyone else?? I’m super excited and nervous and so thankful and grateful!
IMG_8616.jpeg
 
I’m OOS and was verified on September 4th, been awaiting decision… well up until a few miniutes ago !!!! Just got this on my portal and received an email, but it doesn’t show me any dates or times ? Anyone else?? I’m super excited and nervous and so thankful and grateful! View attachment 395502
Same thing happened to me. I just emailed to ask
 
I was offered two interview dates but they are both only in person options. Was wondering how people got zoom options , i live in Michigan and was hoping for a virtual option
 
I was offered two interview dates but they are both only in person options. Was wondering how people got zoom options , i live in Michigan and was hoping for a virtual option
I interviewed in October and had the choice of virtual or in person, not sure why they're not doing virtual anymore