Midwestern 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was offered two interview dates but they are both only in person options. Was wondering how people got zoom options , i live in Michigan and was hoping for a virtual option
Same here! I'm going to ask them because I live all the way in Florida.
 
I interviewed in October and had the choice of virtual or in person, not sure why they're not doing virtual anymore
Honestly, because we're so late into the interview aspect of the cycle, those appointments probably got taken. 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you guys think rolling admissions has an impact on how many interview invites they have “left” to give out? i submitted near the deadline so does that decrease my chances of getting an interview invite?
 
Does anyone know the statistics of how many people are asked to interview and those that interview whom get accepted??
idk the stats but when I had my interview, they said the majority of people that interview get accepted or waitlisted unless there's a major red flag during the interview. They also said that last year, everyone got off the waitlist.
 
do you guys think rolling admissions has an impact on how many interview invites they have “left” to give out? i submitted near the deadline so does that decrease my chances of getting an interview invite?
I submitted on Sep 16th and just got an invite, so I don't think so
 
idk the stats but when I had my interview, they said the majority of people that interview get accepted or waitlisted unless there's a major red flag during the interview. They also said that last year, everyone got off the waitlist.
Is that the interview waitlist or the final admissions waitlist?
 
idk the stats but when I had my interview, they said the majority of people that interview get accepted or waitlisted unless there's a major red flag during the interview. They also said that last year, everyone got off the waitlist.
The waitlist for after the interview right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed and asked for it so if anyone needs virtual I would do the same 🙂
 
Me too but it’s so far away what if they don’t have enough acceptances. My virtual option is all the way in February
I wouldn't worry too much about this. They told me that they waitlist even great applicants during the early interviews because they save acceptances for people who interview later on.
 
Anyone know if they accept more in person interviews over virtual as well as how many oos students are accepted. I know people are saying voice you get invited for an interview there’s a good chance of acceptance but I’m a second time applicant and oos and nervous. Especially since my virtual interview isn’t until Feb 6
 
Anyone know if they accept more in person interviews over virtual as well as how many oos students are accepted. I know people are saying voice you get invited for an interview there’s a good chance of acceptance but I’m a second time applicant and oos and nervous. Especially since my virtual interview isn’t until Feb 6
Since Midwestern is a private college, there is no preference over OOS vs IS! I would check out applytovetschool.org for recent stats regarding how many people are invited to interview and how many are accepted after! Congrats on your interview & good luck!!
 
Anyone know if they accept more in person interviews over virtual as well as how many oos students are accepted. I know people are saying voice you get invited for an interview there’s a good chance of acceptance but I’m a second time applicant and oos and nervous. Especially since my virtual interview isn’t until Feb 6
I haven’t heard of any schools using virtual vs. in-person interviews as a factor for admissions decisions. If they’re offering both, that means they’re okay with both.
I feel you as a second-time applicant, the fear is real! Having the interview invite is just one step toward the goal, but it’s still something to be proud of. Take the time before your interview to prepare, and that way the later interview might turn out to be an advantage!
 
It's looking like decisions will be released mid-December for those who interviewed late Oct / early Nov! 🙁
 
It's looking like decisions will be released mid-December for those who interviewed late Oct / early Nov! 🙁
Really? I interviewed 10/30 and they said to contact them if it’s been longer than a month and they haven’t said anything. Ughhhhhhhhh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone looked into submitting a letter of intent? I saw it was an option on the portal but was curious if it would even help get off the interview waitlist
 
Me too but it’s so far away what if they don’t have enough acceptances. My virtual option is all the way in February
When I interviewed they said something like they can’t accept everyone in our interview group in order to save spots so that makes me think they only take around a certain number from each interview group
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if doing an in person vs. virtual interview is better according to the committee? Like will going in person better my chances of an acceptance?
I was told by one of the admissions counselors that it is better to go in person if you can because it shows interest. But obviously this isn’t possible for everyone and hopefully if you are a good candidate they will see that both virtually or in person!
 
I was told by one of the admissions counselors that it is better to go in person if you can because it shows interest. But obviously this isn’t possible for everyone and hopefully if you are a good candidate they will see that both virtually or in person!
Well dang. I kinda wanna email back and tell them i want in person options since i already chose virtual. I’m hoping i still have a chance
 
Hoping for good news to come soon for those who have interviewed and for everyone still waiting to hear back! It's a stressful wait, but I'm trying remember to enjoy this process as well as all the excitement that comes with it. Hope everyone has a restful Thanksgiving week!
An acceptance would be a great start to Thanksgiving. Best of luck to all.
 
I was told by one of the admissions counselors that it is better to go in person if you can because it shows interest. But obviously this isn’t possible for everyone and hopefully if you are a good candidate they will see that both virtually or in person!
Lol I hope that virtual interviews still receive equal consideration because I already did mine virtually. I was in the middle of finishing up midterms when my interview was scheduled so there was no way I could travel during that time.

Also, a thanksgiving week acceptance would be absolutely amazing. Do they still send out acceptances this week? I assumed because of the holidays, they wouldn't.