Midwestern C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviews are done on a rolling basis. You could interview anytime from now to March 1st. (I know...no inner peace from anxiety achieved in that answer lol.) After your application is reviewed, they may offer you an interview (make sure check your MWU portal under the interview tab every so often...I never received an email. They just posted it to the portal, but other applicants last year said they did receive an email). If they place you on the waitlist for an interview they will email you and as they cycle applications they will offer interviews.

After you interview it's usually a week to 3 weeks before you hear back depending on how busy they've been with apps and what time of the year it is. (Again...no inner peace). You could also be placed on the waitlist for acceptance. Don't fret if you get waitlisted in either case. Historically they usually pull from the waitlist after the acceptance deadline passes.

Congrats on your new job and keep up the hard work in ochem! If you take biochem...make sure you pay attention. You'll thank me later :)

Just to add on a tidbit from what one of the deans explained to me...

The admissions team convenes after interviewing three groups of applicants then sends out a batch of acceptance messages. If you are accepted, you can sit on your decision until April without the risk of losing your seat, so no need to rush to commit, but try to let them know asap if you know you'll be attending a different program; that way they can offer your spot to someone on the wait list.

The first round this year was on Wed 9/13, the 2nd on 9/20 (good luck if you're there today!), and the 3rd on 9/27. So interviewees from those three groups should hear back soon after 9/27. Assuming they interview every week, this could help you figure out when you might hear back after your personal interview. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much! I actually received my interview invitation this morning! I'm set and ready!

Hey that's awesome--congrats and good luck! Everyone is super friendly, so don't stress too much. You've already gotten the invite, so that means they know you're qualified. They just want to get to know you a little better :)

Reactions: 1 users
Got an email at 3:30 this morning. I'm waitlisted for an interview ☹️

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else interviewing on the 25th? I get into town the 24th. I'm from florida and this will be my first time on that side of the country!

I haven't been able to find the thread that talks about people's previous interview experiences!
Anyone able to link it to here??
I was able to reschedule my interview for a lot sooner! I took the spot, wish me luck!

Last edited:
I haven't been able to find the thread that talks about people's previous interview experiences!
Anyone able to link it to here??
I was able to reschedule my interview for a lot sooner! I took the spot, wish me luck!
You can probably look through last year's page to see what people said about their interviews. I really liked my interview last year. My two interviewers were friendly and I didn't feel like I was under a lot of pressure to make them like me. They asked some general vet school questions that are common and then also wanted to know about certain experiences on my resume.

You can probably look through last year's page to see what people said about their interviews. I really liked my interview last year. My two interviewers were friendly and I didn't feel like I was under a lot of pressure to make them like me. They asked some general vet school questions that are common and then also wanted to know about certain experiences on my resume.

Thank you! My interview is wednesday and the nerves are dominating! I'm trying to prepare as best as possible! Any advice for day before preparations? Especially stuff to help the nerves!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! My interview is wednesday and the nerves are dominating! I'm trying to prepare as best as possible! Any advice for day before preparations? Especially stuff to help the nerves!

Oh good luck! I'm not sure if it's exactly the same as last year. We had to all meet in one lobby, had a basic orientation to what would happen that day, and were given some packets of information. The packets had a bunch of things, but something I found most helpful was there was information about all the interviewers so you could read up on them and then feel more comfortable going into an interview with them. All the faculty and student helpers were very friendly. Feel free to ask people for directions on campus if you're lost! I'd say just know your application well so you're prepared to talk about things you mentioned. Out of the five interviews I did last year, Midwestern was my favorite because I felt welcome and wanted. Plus I loved the curriculum and facilities! That's why I chose Midwestern out of the six schools I was accepted to!

How'd it go?!

It was amazing! First vet school interview ever and hit the ground running! The other applicants are amazing, a bit intimidating haha but everyone was super friendly: students, applicants, faculty. I felt like my applicant group was becoming 'family' like already!
I feel like I did well in the interview, but we will find out in about 2-3 weeks!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got my interview invite today! Soooo stoked :happy: what type of questions do they ask you and what should I prepare for?

Reactions: 3 users
It was amazing! First vet school interview ever and hit the ground running! The other applicants are amazing, a bit intimidating haha but everyone was super friendly: students, applicants, faculty. I felt like my applicant group was becoming 'family' like already!
I feel like I did well in the interview, but we will find out in about 2-3 weeks!

Awesome! Yeah, I felt the same way. I've been checking my email and portal obsessively since it's been two weeks now.

I was told to expect updates as soon as this monday or within the next 2 weeks. I'm anxiously waiting!!
Good luck!! My classmate and I were in the anatomy lab when the tour guide brought a group in to see it! Were you in that group?

Hi everyone!! Does anyone know if the interview is blind or if they have our file in front of them? I read from previous threads it is not MMI. Can anyone who goes to Midwestern/interviewed already confirm that? I'm so excited and nervous :nailbiting: thanks to anyone who can help!!!

Hi everyone!! Does anyone know if the interview is blind or if they have our file in front of them? I read from previous threads it is not MMI. Can anyone who goes to Midwestern/interviewed already confirm that? I'm so excited and nervous :nailbiting: thanks to anyone who can help!!!

It's not blind! The interviewers will have your experience and your essays in front of them, so they will have an idea of who you are already and just want to explore that a bit more.

It's not blind! The interviewers will have your experience and your essays in front of them, so they will have an idea of who you are already and just want to explore that a bit more.

Thank you so much! :)

I was told to expect updates as soon as this monday or within the next 2 weeks. I'm anxiously waiting!!
Did you call them to ask? From previous years it seems like they met on mondays and people can check to see if they have the accepted student check list or not on tuesdays which would signify that they got accepted

I have all my items submitted and it says all transcripts, evaluations, and test scores have been submitted. But my application is still sitting in Received and has not moved to Completed. Does anyone know why this is or when it should change over?

Do people waitlisted for an interview actually have a chance of being accepted or even getting an interview?

Did you call them to ask? From previous years it seems like they met on mondays and people can check to see if they have the accepted student check list or not on tuesdays which would signify that they got accepted
It's what I was told on Wednesday, I haven't called and spoke to anyone since my interview

Some people found out as early as yesterday! Check your applicant portal for updates!

I have all my items submitted and it says all transcripts, evaluations, and test scores have been submitted. But my application is still sitting in Received and has not moved to Completed. Does anyone know why this is or when it should change over?

Is it like this on the VMCAS dashboard or on the Midwestern student portal?

Is there anyone who got an interview or has been accepted that is willing to share their stats? My application was finally marked ready for review a few days ago and I'm so anxious!!

Oh hmmm, sorry no I haven't had that problem. Has it been resolved yet? You can try contacting the admissions office and see if they've received everything they need.
Just checked again and my transcripts are still saying verifying even though they were marked as received 6 weeks ago. Does it normally take that long to verify transcripts

Just checked again and my transcripts are still saying verifying even though they were marked as received 6 weeks ago. Does it normally take that long to verify transcripts

My transcripts were received 8/7 and verified 9/12. I'm sure it's going to depend on how much there is to verify and maybe even the person doing it.

Hey guys! Anyone else freaking out about hearing back from the first round of interviews? I keep checking the portal but nothing yet, just wondering if anyone else from the last round of interviews (sep 27th) have heard yet! ( I know it may take longer to hear back, just curious!)

Hey guys! Anyone else freaking out about hearing back from the first round of interviews? I keep checking the portal but nothing yet, just wondering if anyone else from the last round of interviews (sep 27th) have heard yet! ( I know it may take longer to hear back, just curious!)
I was in the 27th! Haven't heard back yet, checking multiple times every day

Did you interview in the first round (9/13) or the most recent round (9/27)?

I was there on the 13th--my portal got updated last Thursday, and they followed up with a call this morning.

I was there on the 13th--my portal got updated last Thursday, and they followed up with a call this morning.
congrats!!!!!! :clap:

Congrats!!!! That's so exciting!! And I was on the 27th, I guess i should give it about another week or two to hear back if it follows the same timeline as you. My poor phone is going to be tired of checking

Congrats!!!! That's so exciting!! And I was on the 27th, I guess i should give it about another week or two to hear back if it follows the same timeline as you. My poor phone is going to be tired of checking

Mine probably is already!! :laugh: I'm hoping we hear back as soon as this week! But you're probably right to expect another week or two before we do since we were in the later part of the interview group

Anyone else interviewing on the 25th? I get into town the 24th. I'm from florida and this will be my first time on that side of the country!
I am interviewing on the 24th, also from Florida I am going on the 21st.

So if they do only 3 selection interview groups, why do they continue accepting applications if they aren't going to be interviewing any more people?

So if they do only 3 selection interview groups, why do they continue accepting applications if they aren't going to be interviewing any more people?
From my understanding they meet up every 3 groups and pick a certain number of people they wish to accept from those 3 groups. And then they repeat the cycle until they've accepted As many chairs as they have and then once people start declining their seats they continue to interview/pick from the waitlist of people who've already interviewed after the deadline of April

From my understanding they meet up every 3 groups and pick a certain number of people they wish to accept from those 3 groups. And then they repeat the cycle until they've accepted As many chairs as they have and then once people start declining their seats they continue to interview/pick from the waitlist of people who've already interviewed after the deadline of April

MWU has rolling interviews, so they are conducted from September through March. Then yep, they meet after every third group to deliberate and offer matriculation to applicants from those three groups. They over-subscribe since not every student that is offered matriculation will accept, so they may enroll over the anticipated 100 students like they have the last three years. From what admissions have informed me, interviewing later in the process does not mean you have lowered chances of admission compared to someone who interviewed earlier.