Midwestern C/O 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called today, my application is still in interview status. She doesn't believe the Committee has met yet in regards to the 9/27 interview group.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Do they inform you if you've been rejected, or just never contact you for an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called today, my application is still in interview status. She doesn't believe the Committee has met yet in regards to the 9/27 interview group.
Weird.. so I guess they don't review the three interview groups at once but one by one? I guess that makes sense since @dogtor in training interviewed on the first interview date 9/13 and got his results one day after the third 9/27 interview group.

Thank you for following up! I’ve been anxiously awaiting, just assuming i didn’t get accepted

Thank you for following up! I’ve been anxiously awaiting, just assuming i didn’t get accepted

Me too! So I wanted to follow up to see if I was rejected or waitlisted or something! A bit comforting to know they haven't met yet
Just as an FYI...usually your portal will change to "applicant checklist" OR "accepted checklist". If it changes to accepted, you've been accepted to the program. If it says "applicant checklist" it means you've been waitlisted. You can always call to verify after you notice the change on your portal. I'm pretty sure when mine updated last year it was on the front page after I logged in.

Just as an FYI...usually your portal will change to "applicant checklist" OR "accepted checklist". If it changes to accepted, you've been accepted to the program. If it says "applicant checklist" it means you've been waitlisted. You can always call to verify after you notice the change on your portal. I'm pretty sure when mine updated last year it was on the front page after I logged in.

Is this true? I'm pretty sure I've had the applicant checklist ever since I submitted my application.. I still have it now and when I called earlier they said my status is still as "interviewed"

Reactions: 1 user

Is this true? I'm pretty sure I've had the applicant checklist ever since I submitted my application.. I still have it now and when I called earlier they said my status is still as "interviewed"

Very good point...This is what my current portal looks like, it has applicant checklist on the main page. And I'm supposedly still in interviewed status

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171005-143146.png
    Screenshot_20171005-143146.png
    233.5 KB · Views: 134

Very good point...This is what my current portal looks like, it has applicant checklist on the main page. And I'm supposedly still in interviewed status
It would look like this:
IMG_7973.jpg

You would actually be able to view what is in the applicant checklist and what is pending to complete the checklist. If you are accepted you will be able to view the same thing...BUT...it will say ACCEPTED checklist. If it still says "no items pending" that means your app is still being processed. :) Sorry if I confused you guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
It would look like this:
View attachment 224105
You would actually be able to view what is in the applicant checklist and what is pending to complete the checklist. If you are accepted you will be able to view the same thing...BUT...it will say ACCEPTED checklist. If it still says "no items pending" that means your app is still being processed. :) Sorry if I confused you guys!

Thank you!!! Good to know!

I interviewed on 9/13 and I still haven't heard anything so I called them just now and they said something similar. They haven't met yet because they don't have enough people for their forum. I was in the second group of interviewees on 9/13 so maybe they only met about the first group so far?

I interviewed on 9/13 and I still haven't heard anything so I called them just now and they said something similar. They haven't met yet because they don't have enough people for their forum. I was in the second group of interviewees on 9/13 so maybe they only met about the first group so far?

That makes sense! I asked if they knew when they would meet next and wasn't really given a date or an explanation (not that they owe me one, it just would've been nice). I know quite a few of us are pretty impatient since it hasn't been that long.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was just invited to interview on Nov 2nd! Anyone else interviewing on that day?

Reactions: 2 users
When did you submit your application, if I may ask? I submitted on 9/22 and haven’t heard anything yet
I submitted my VMCAS on 9/15 but they did not verify it until 9/26, I received my email to create an account on 9/28, and was invited to an interview on 10/6. So it sounds like you may be about a week behind me.

When did you submit your application, if I may ask? I submitted on 9/22 and haven’t heard anything yet

I didn't receive an email to create an account! I would look back in previous comments on this thread and follow the instructions/link to make one! I didn't get an email regarding my interview either, it just showed up on my portal!

Anyone have any updates with regards to people that interviewed in the first 3 groups in september?

Still have yet to hear anything, unsure if I should call again or not.
Called just now. They said the committee met last week but was not able to go through everyone and apparently their next scheduled meeting is 10/23 which is 2 weeks away.. maybe theyll meet again next week?

Called just now. They said the committee met last week but was not able to go through everyone and apparently their next scheduled meeting is 10/23 which is 2 weeks away.. maybe theyll meet again next week?

Waitlisted, check your portal now maybe? Mine just updated

Last edited:
I think i got accepted!!!! The accepted applicant checklist showed up!!!! Still waiting on official confirmation but yeah!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted, check your portal now maybe? Mine just updated
Midwestern calls off quite a bit from their waitlist so don't give up hope!

I see the accepted student checklist as well as the applicant checklist on my portal so I'm not sure what this means.. I guess I'll wait for any confirmation email/call.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Midwestern calls off quite a bit from their waitlist so don't give up hope!

I see the accepted student checklist as well as the applicant checklist on my portal so I'm not sure what this means.. I guess I'll wait for any confirmation email/call.

If you see the accepted student checklist at all it means you’re in! Congrats!!!!!

I think i got accepted!!!! The accepted applicant checklist showed up!!!! Still waiting on official confirmation but yeah!!!

Hey congrats, you two! Are y'all planning to commit, or are you still waiting to hear from other programs?

Hey congrats, you two! Are y'all planning to commit, or are you still waiting to hear from other programs?

Midwestern definitely became one of my top choices after I visited the campus/saw the curriculum. So it’s definitely possible that ill committ!

Midwestern definitely became one of my top choices after I visited the campus/saw the curriculum. So it’s definitely possible that ill committ!
Would you mind expanding upon what you really liked about them? :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

Would you mind expanding upon what you really liked about them? :)

I liked the fact that the school wants to prepare students to become doctors from day 1. So it's not solely restricted to just studying book science in the first two years and doing hands on work in the last 2 years, but rather a consistent exposure to clinical work throughout all 4 years. This way, when newly grad doctors go out into the job field, they already have plenty of hands on experience/exposure to make themselves stand out from other school grads. Also since the school is new, the facilities are state of the art. The buildings and the simulation technology they have is simply amazing compared to what I've been exposed to at my hospital that I'm working at.

I liked the fact that the school wants to prepare students to become doctors from day 1. So it's not solely restricted to just studying book science in the first two years and doing hands on work in the last 2 years, but rather a consistent exposure to clinical work throughout all 4 years. This way, when newly grad doctors go out into the job field, they already have plenty of hands on experience/exposure to make themselves stand out from other school grads. Also since the school is new, the facilities are state of the art. The buildings and the simulation technology they have is simply amazing compared to what I've been exposed to at my hospital that I'm working at.
Thanks!

Did anyone bring a guest with them to interview day. Also, what kind of questions can I expect, do they have your application in front of them?

Did anyone bring a guest with them to interview day. Also, what kind of questions can I expect, do they have your application in front of them?

One girl in my group came with her mother, but she was the only one with a guest. They're welcome, but I'm not sure if they get a meal ticket for lunch. The interviewers have your experience and your essays with them, but not your entire application.

I just got accepted too! They want to know our final answer by April....will we have heard back from other potential schools by then? Just curious as to how the timelines work out since Midwestern is rolling admissions.

I just got accepted too! They want to know our final answer by April....will we have heard back from other potential schools by then? Just curious as to how the timelines work out since Midwestern is rolling admissions.
Universal deadline for all schools is April 15, so you will have heard where you stand with all the schools by then.

Congrats!! :)

Not committing yet just because of my goals... other schools have better programs for pathology which is what I want to do. I did fall in love with their program though, it makes sense that they want you to physically go check out the school because it’s really what sells it. Guests are welcome but they just give them a list of things to do in the area while they wait, so they don’t actually stay with you for any part of the interview or tour. Hope that helps!

Not committing yet just because of my goals... other schools have better programs for pathology which is what I want to do. I did fall in love with their program though, it makes sense that they want you to physically go check out the school because it’s really what sells it. Guests are welcome but they just give them a list of things to do in the area while they wait, so they don’t actually stay with you for any part of the interview or tour. Hope that helps!
I think you should explore the pathology department more at MWU. I get emails every week from the pathology department/rotation about them presenting their findings at the school on Thursday's and Friday's. As a first year we are most often in anatomy lab during the time of the day they hold it, but it is literally every week.

As for guests, they must have changed their protocol? Last year when I interviewed we had several parents come along with students and they waited around for the students in the lobby during their interview and went on the full tour with us when we viewed the school.

...As for guests, they must have changed their protocol? Last year when I interviewed we had several parents come along with students and they waited around for the students in the lobby during their interview and went on the full tour with us when we viewed the school.

This is what it was like for a the guests in my group this year

I think MWU has a very well established pathology program! We take two quarters of path second year with tons of case studies from cases at Midwestern (currently drowning in path right now, actually)!

Has anyone heard back from October interview dates yet? I'm anxiously awaiting news!

Has anyone heard back from October interview dates yet? I'm anxiously awaiting news!

The committee meets on Mondays and I believe the portals tend to be updated on Tuesdays and calls can be received then, but usually later in the week. Based off of previous years and when the portals updated this year for earlier interview cycles!

Hi guys! I'll be starting my second year at Midwestern this fall. If you have any questions, feel free to message me! Good luck! :)

Hello,
I have an interview at Midwestern next Tuesday and am extremely excited! I will be flying in from PA for it. Could you tell me a little bit about the interview process? This will be my first veterinary interview (and my first application cycle) so I'm really not sure what to expect. I've got some other smaller questions as well, ie. is the interview attire business formal or can I dress a little more casual?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello,
I have an interview at Midwestern next Tuesday and am extremely excited! I will be flying in from PA for it. Could you tell me a little bit about the interview process? This will be my first veterinary interview (and my first application cycle) so I'm really not sure what to expect. I've got some other smaller questions as well, ie. is the interview attire business formal or can I dress a little more casual?

I wore a pantsuit for my interview as did pretty much everyone else (some wore skirts) but we all dressed formally.
You are split into 2 groups, while one group has their interviews the other does a tour of the buildings and then they switch. We finished interviews and then went to lunch! The 2nd half of the day is touring the rest of the school (we got to see animals, the clinic, anatomy lab, etc.).
It was my first interview as well! It was different from what I expected and pretty intense. They asked about how I handle certain situations and gave me case scenarios (some pertained to vet med specifically). At the end I was given the opportunity to ask them questions. If you've been looking up interview questions and practicing them out loud with someone.... you should be fine! That was the best way to prepare for me.
Best of luck next week!
If you had any questions feel free to PM me!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Hello,

I wore a pantsuit for my interview as did pretty much everyone else (some wore skirts) but we all dressed formally.
You are split into 2 groups, while one group has their interviews the other does a tour of the buildings and then they switch. We finished interviews and then went to lunch! The 2nd half of the day is touring the rest of the school (we got to see animals, the clinic, anatomy lab, etc.).
It was my first interview as well! It was different from what I expected and pretty intense. They asked about how I handle certain situations and gave me case scenarios (some pertained to vet med specifically). At the end I was given the opportunity to ask them questions. If you've been looking up interview questions and practicing them out loud with someone.... you should be fine! That was the best way to prepare for me.
Best of luck next week!
If you had any questions feel free to PM me!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

^This.

And most importantly...relax! You've been invited for an interview. That means they know you're qualified for a spot in their next class; they just want to get to know YOU as a person instead of a paper/digital application. You'll meet the deans, and they're some of the nicest people you'll ever know. Think of it more as a meet-and-greet than as an interview (but yes, you should still practice answering interview questions, like sparrow_lily said). Good luck!!!

I just had my interview yesterday and it went really well. Everyone is very nice. The interview wasn't stressful. They just wanted to know more about us. They really impressed me.

I interviewed early Oct. and my portal updated this morning!!!