Midwestern University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biomajor2019

LMU-CVM C/O 2025
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread started for Midwestern, yet, so I thought I would get the ball rolling! Who else is applying to Midwestern? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I will be starting at MWU in the fall! Let me know if you have any questions. Goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still on the wait list to hear for the c/o 2024. Should I not be pulled - I will reapply.

Reactions: 1 user
Question.. Midwestern on VMCAS shows only a pre-req portion - is there a supp app to do as well? Or do they send it to you later like Wisconsin?

Question.. Midwestern on VMCAS shows only a pre-req portion - is there a supp app to do as well? Or do they send it to you later like Wisconsin?
There was no supplemental for the last cycle, but they will request addition information on their own website once you submit.

Me! Non-trad (36 yrs old) Idaho resident. I’ll be applying to WSU and Midwestern

I am applying this round as well (2025). First-time applicant, in state. I just received my interview invitation but I am curious to see how and when they will be doing interviews due to covid. I am excited either way! Good luck guys! :)

I am applying this round as well (2025). First-time applicant, in state. I just received my interview invitation but I am curious to see how and when they will be doing interviews due to covid. I am excited either way! Good luck guys! :)
Congratulations! I assume they will be doing online interviews but I am not certain. It's a shame that interviewees won't be able to see the campus if this is the case.

Thank you! I noticed that! I just got the secondary email stating the interview instructions. It seems it will be online/virtual but will still take place from 7:45am-2:00pm so that will be interesting. At the moment there are no available interview dates.

Do you guys have any tips about the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Update- My interview is next week so it is really close :) I am so nervous!!

Thank you! I noticed that! I just got the secondary email stating the interview instructions. It seems it will be online/virtual but will still take place from 7:45am-2:00pm so that will be interesting. At the moment there are no available interview dates.

Do you guys have any tips about the interview?

Even though it’s not in person, I’d still wear business attire. I did slacks, dress shirt, blazer and heels. You probably don’t have to worry about the shoes. I think reviewing general interview questions via google or previous years threads is sufficient. I know it’s easier said than done, but relax and remember to have fun! Don’t be nervous, they like you and they just want to learn more about who you are.

There will be a panel of student ambassadors at (ideally) every interview so you can ask questions to current students in different classes.

Thank you! I am still waiting to hear from them to see how they will be doing it online and what steps I have to take to start the interview but we shall see. I have been looking over the general questions and I feel I can answer most of them but the few that I hesitate on worry me. Do you know if we are supposed to just bring ourselves to the interview or do they expect us to bring our application, resume, notes, etc?

Thank you! I am still waiting to hear from them to see how they will be doing it online and what steps I have to take to start the interview but we shall see. I have been looking over the general questions and I feel I can answer most of them but the few that I hesitate on worry me. Do you know if we are supposed to just bring ourselves to the interview or do they expect us to bring our application, resume, notes, etc?
You don’t need to bring anything, just yourself. They’ll have some parts of your application available to them for review. At the end of the interview they usually give an opportunity to ask questions so I’d have some prepared in the back of your mind.

Thank you! I have a few questions ready right now but I am trying to pick out the really good ones. :)

Hi all, I am a first time out of state applicant and I got my interview invitation yesterday morning!

I have received two emails one telling me it is online and another telling me I need to be there in person next week with hotel suggestions. Do you think they just haven't updated the auto emails for the interview instructions? I am slightly worried there is an off chance I am going to have to drive 12 hours on Monday.

Hi all, I am a first time out of state applicant and I got my interview invitation yesterday morning!

I have received two emails one telling me it is online and another telling me I need to be there in person next week with hotel suggestions. Do you think they just haven't updated the auto emails for the interview instructions? I am slightly worried there is an off chance I am going to have to drive 12 hours on Monday.
I actually emailed them about that! They said they will be sending instructions shortly and it will be virtual or at least that's what they told me. Good luck!

Does anyone have an advice when it comes to the interviews? I have mine next week on Wednesday! I am nervous and trying to review general based questions ( why do you want to be a vet, why MWU, etc)

Does anyone have an advice when it comes to the interviews? I have mine next week on Wednesday! I am nervous and trying to review general based questions ( why do you want to be a vet, why MWU, etc)
In general for interviews, you should be prepared to answer questions about how you work in groups/with others, how you handle making mistakes, how you handle tough decisions/situations, why you want to be a vet, and why you want to go to the school.
It is also important to know current issues in veterinary medicine (I would know at least three or four issues).

There are some helpful resources online with lists of interview questions as well as some tips on how to structure your answer. I believe SDN has a post about it somewhere.

At the end of the day, you just have to relax and be yourself.

Goodluck!!

Just submitted my app for Midwestern, today! How long after submitting did you guys hear from them about receiving an interview invite?

I think mine was submitted May 24, verified May 28 (Based on the email notification, I wasn't sure exactly what date), and I received an invite on July 28th. So based on that it took about 2 months for me.

I think mine was submitted May 24, verified May 28 (Based on the email notification, I wasn't sure exactly what date), and I received an invite on July 28th. So based on that it took about 2 months for me.
Thanks for the response! and good luck with your interview, next week! :) Is that your bird in your profile pic, btw? Super cute!!!

Thank you! Yes she is :) Her name is Fumbles

• Love
She's so cute :love: !!! I also wanted to add to be genuine and I would not recommend memorizing any speeches. Instead, focus on looking deep within yourself to get to know yourself better and memorize key points that you want to get across rather than a speech. Plus, by practicing this way, it will make your responses seem more genuine and, I can't speak for everyone but, for me, when I get stressed, all speeches fly out the window anyways. In terms of prepping, definitely practice as much as you can and call upon as many favors from friends as possible to help you practice. I was fortunate enough to enlist the help of a vet at my clinic to help mock-interview me (There is little that is more nerve-racking than having an actual professional mock-interview you and offer their honest feedback). Most importantly though, be confident! You've all worked super hard to get to this point and have all the qualifications to become a vet. The MWU interviewers are all super nice people that just want to get to know you as a person. During my interviews, I actually got less stressed as I went on with the interview. Good luck everyone and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about the process or anything else! I received so much help from this forum that I wanna keep passing the baton on :)!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you that really helps :) I feel like I know the why do I want to be a vet questions, career goal questions, and why midwestern pretty well but I tend to jumble the more specific behavior questions. I am doing my best to practice and yet not memorize everything. Your advice helps and has made it just a little less nerveracking lol.

I just received some more information on the meeting but I still need to sort it out. From what it looks like the introduction is from 7:45-8:00am and I don't know if that includes the interview or not. Then we have the student panel, admissions overview, etc... from 12-2pm. Are you guys getting similar times?

Last edited:
Thank you that really helps :) I feel like I know the why do I want to be a vet questions, career goal questions, and why midwestern pretty well but I tend to jumble the more specific behavior questions. I am doing my best to practice and yet not memorize everything. Your advice helps and has made it just a little less nerveracking lol.

I just received some more information on the meeting but I still need to sort it out. From what it looks like the introduction is from 7:45-8:00am and I don't know if that includes the interview or not. Then we have the student panel, admissions overview, etc... from 12-2pm. Are you guys getting similar times?
I got very similar times, my actually interview is 8:00-8:30 and the student panel and admissions overview stuff is 12:30-2:30.

best of luck to you on your interview!!

They updated mine to 11:00am to 11:40am. Good luck all!!

Was accepted OOS last year! Great school, awesome staff, I just couldn't afford the cost of going to a private school. There interview process was great and really not stressful at all! They honestly just wanted to get to know me and were so supportive of all the students. They said that even if midwestern wasn't for us their whole goal was to make sure each student ended up happy at their school and heading toward their dreams.

EEK! My VMCAS was verified yesterday! that was so quick!? (literally took 2 days!?) :wow: I received my email from Midwestern to go to the portal to create an account and that is all set, as well, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Is it just adding your personal information to the account? The application section on the homepage of the portal says I have no missing items, so I'm assuming I am all set, now?

Also, current Midwestern students, are there a lot of scholarship opportunities as students?

Thats awesome! You should have everything set up :)

That interview was a bit painful...I, unfortunately, didn't get any breaker questions and it was more straightforward with one question after the other. Know your behavior and ethical questions as well as controversial topics. Wasn't as relaxed as I would have thought lol but still fun.

Either way, I managed to answer each question with examples so hopefully, that is enough to get me through. Good luck guys, let me know how you did.

Any ideas about what interview group we were? If so do you know an estimated time that we hear back?

Thats awesome! You should have everything set up :)

That interview was a bit painful...I, unfortunately, didn't get any breaker questions and it was more straightforward with one question after the other. Know your behavior and ethical questions as well as controversial topics. Wasn't as relaxed as I would have thought lol but still fun.

Either way, I managed to answer each question with examples so hopefully, that is enough to get me through. Good luck guys, let me know how you did.

Any ideas about what interview group we were? If so do you know an estimated time that we hear back?
Rooting for you!!! I'm sure you did fabulous! :)

EEK! My VMCAS was verified yesterday! that was so quick!? (literally took 2 days!?) :wow: I received my email from Midwestern to go to the portal to create an account and that is all set, as well, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Is it just adding your personal information to the account? The application section on the homepage of the portal says I have no missing items, so I'm assuming I am all set, now?

Also, current Midwestern students, are there a lot of scholarship opportunities as students?

They barely have any scholarships because they are private. Expect to come out with 450-500k of debt.

How did everyone feel about their interview today? I felt that they were very welcoming and had easy questions to break the ice! And then from there they had questions that progressed with concepts!

Hi everyone! I submitted today my application! It my first time applying to this university!

I am rooting for you all !

Offered an interview this morning!!! (3:45 am EST)

• Love
Hey guys !

It’s kinda early for me, as I have not received an interview offer, but do you guys have any tips? What international news should I be reading or something related?

Awesome!!! Good luck!! I personally didn't get any questions about news or events or even any questions about my experiences or essay questions. I would say read up on controversial topics. Ps. It was a lot of ethical scenarios

Last edited:
Awesome!!! Good luck!! I personally didn't get any questions about news or events or even any questions about my experiences or essay questions. I would say read up on controversial topics. Ps. It was a lot of ethical scenarios

Oh wow, really?! All ethical?! Thank you! Good to know!

Thank you so much!

Hey guys! Just a few questions in regard to the interviews for this year!
1. For the virtual interview, is it more than 1person interviewing you? or just 1-on-1?
2. I know it seems to be that Midwestern asks a lot of scenario-based questions. Should I expect questions about both small and large animal? I ask because I only have small animal experience and want to be prepared!
3. When did you guys receive the times for your interviews? I still have yet to be told what time my interview is at on Wednesday, and I'm panicking a little!
4. How was the remainder of the time for interview day, virtually? I know you guys mentioned a student panel, or something along those lines. How was that? What should I expect?
5. How did you guys feel interviewing virtually? I am setting up the desk in my bedroom to be my interview spot, and I'm a little nervous about how that will look/how I will feel interviewing in my bedroom lol

1. You are be interviewed by 2 people.
2. The ethical questions are more human based like what would you do if your friend gave you a copy of the test to study. It was not species specific.
3. I think I received my times either Monday night or Tuesday.
4. The remainder of the day was good but be prepared to ask former/current students questions. Then you watch a virtual tour of the campus.
5. I personally picked a spot with decent lighting and plain background (less distracting)
That was my take on it but please let me know what anyone thought about it.