Midwestern University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys!

I wanted to ask how much time after submitting your VMCAS application did you received your interview offer?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I wanted to ask how much time after submitting your VMCAS application did you received your interview offer?

I submitted my VMCAS 8/3 and received an interview offer 8/7!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received the time for my interview on Wednesday! Oh my gosh, they're only scheduled for 15 minutes! That seems like not a lot of time to really show myself and who I am, during the interview. How did those of you who have already interviewed feel about the length of time?

You got this!! Be prepared for them to rearrange the times as you get closer to Wednesday; they changed mine like 5 times. My actual interview took about 15 minutes (there wasnt really open-ended questions asking me about myself or anything like that) then I took around 5-10 minutes asking questions. The questions for me were straight forward and yet I felt I had enough time to answer them and provide examples. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

You got this!! Be prepared for them to rearrange the times as you get closer to Wednesday; they changed mine like 5 times. My actual interview took about 15 minutes (there wasnt really open-ended questions asking me about myself or anything like that) then I took around 5-10 minutes asking questions. The questions for me were straight forward and yet I felt I had enough time to answer them and provide examples. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Thank you!!!

Hey guys ! I just received my interview offer ! I am so nervous ! I do not feel prepared for an interview so soon! Any tips?

Hey Biomajor how did the interview go?

WanttheDVM I posted my input and tips on the first page of the thread if you want to look them over. Remember to dress nice and review common questions as well as the ones I posted earlier. I was personally part of a group of 20 interviewees. Good luck!

Does anyone remember when they said they would get back to us about their decision for those who were in the first interview date? Was it the end of August? The anticipation is killing me!

They said "We need to have a decent pool size before making any decisions." However, in the past they usually let applicants know after 4 weeks (based on what I have read). I feel you! I have been going crazy over all of the waiting!

I personally feel my interview went really well! It was very conversational!

They told my group, this past Wednesday, that we would have decisions in a month!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Does anyone have any tips about the interview process? I am a little nervous since everything is virtual- also anyone who already interviewed, did you "attend" all of the additional sessions besides the interview?

I'm sure you will do great! I attended all of the sessions. The first was a very short introduction (not as many applicants showed up to that one), the second was the interview, and lastly, there was a fluid session that included the student panel questions, financial aid, overview, and virtual tour. I recommend attending all of the sessions.

I have my interview tomorrow and I am very nervous! Especially with all of the different invite emails saying different times

I submitted my application on June 15th and received my interview invite on July 31st.

I know they said we’ll hear back in a month, but I’ve still been checking my email daily anyone else?!

Reactions: 2 users
I know they said we’ll hear back in a month, but I’ve still been checking my email daily anyone else?!
I am checking my email everyday. I know they said end of the month, but the wait is messing with my nerves :lol:

Reactions: 3 users
Me too! The waiting is killing me!! Hopefully, we shall know by September.

Hey all! I am attending MWU as a 1st year, if you have any questions feel free to message me! & feel free to follow my journey on insta : @thestudentdogtor :)

How was your interview ?
It was really conversational and not too stressful. There is basically 3 parts: intro (15 min), real interview (30 min), wrap-up session (45ish min). I was not prepared for some of the questions, but my interviewers were great! Don't let your nerves get to you :)

• Care
Does anyone know when the September interview dates are? I interviewed in August but trying to determine if we will hear sooner than a month like they had mentioned!

Does anyone know when the September interview dates are? I interviewed in August but trying to determine if we will hear sooner than a month like they had mentioned!

I believe they are in September 9th

Do you guys think we'll hear before or after September interviews?

I would think before. After all, they try to let us know after every 4 cycles and the fourth cycle was on Wednesday. I hope we know soon though!

I have been checking my portal because it showed up there for my interview before I received an email.

Yes, I’ve been checking both my email and portal daily

Does anyone know if it will before September 9th? The anticipation is killing me!!

Guys the anticipation is killing me

Does anyone know if it will before September 9th? The anticipation is killing me!!

I interviewed on 8/12 and we were told we’d hear in a month, so I’m not sure!

I’m also curious to see at what time they send acceptances out during the day! I don’t know about you guys, but I received my interview invite at 3:45am EST, so I’m curious!

I'm going crazy over all this waiting!! I interviewed 8/5 so I am definitely hoping we hear back this week :) I don't remember the exact time I received my interview invite on the portal but I think it was around 8pm MST.

Popping in to say I’m thinking of all of you as we wait for decisions, currently! I know the waiting has been giving me butterflies in my stomach every time I open my email, lately! lol how are you guys?!

I feel the same way and have definitely been thinking of you all as well! I know I have mentioned it earlier but I am excited and super nervous to hear back lol :)

I am excited/ nervous to hear back as well, this school is at the top of my list so I am hoping it is good news soon! I do not think they will get back to us until next week though possibly after Monday since it is a holiday.

Luckily work has been busy, so it’s been helping to pass the time for me! I don’t even have time to check my phone lately until I get home! lol

And you think so? I looked at last years thread, and it looked like the first batch of interviews received acceptance notices the Thursday after the 4th interview day, which for us would be tomorrow, if they follow that same time line! (No idea with COVID, and/or other things if that will be different for us)

I know its hard waiting! I was in your shoes when i applied 2 years ago! keep in mind that this week is the first week back for the veterinary college so decisions might be delayed with all the faculty getting adjusted with their classes and such! Just wanted to put that out there.

I got accepted!! 1st time applicant!! I’m so excited!

Reactions: 10 users
So if the checklist list is there does it mean I am accepted? If so then I am accepted!!! Congrats everyone!

So if the checklist list is there does it mean I am accepted? If so then I am accepted!!! Congrats everyone!

It does, it does!!! SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I was waiting to see if you would post!

So happy for you! Are you still waiting to hear from other vet schools?

I am! I am also applying to LMU, Michigan State, UF, and Ross. I really love Midwestern, though! I will be extremely content if they end up being my only acceptance!
Did you apply elsewhere?!

I wanted to stick with my state so I applied to U of A and Midwestern and Midwestern was my first choice! I am so happy!!!! Let me know where you choose..

Reactions: 4 users
So excited for all of us!!! What an awesome day! Everyone enjoy your Labor Day weekend, now, and have some relaxation!!

Reactions: 2 users