Minnesota application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lamna

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I forgot that Minnesota had a deadline, mine was up on Aug. 28th. Can I still turn in my application. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

turn it in!
the deadline is 30 days after you accessed the page. by the way, did you turn in your picture and info form? cuz that was due by mail by aug 28th.

I did not get a chance to, with all the other secondaries, I could not even look at minnesota's. I should probably call them on Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad :)
you can try calling them, but their intructions are pretty strict.
good luck

I'm sure that they will be flexible if you give them a good reason. Most med schools are understanding (because they want your $$$)

yes, call them. They were pretty friendly when i called about something else. Just as a heads up: They were having some problems with the Post-secondary experiences part of the on-line supplemental. AMCAS pre-fills it with what we already entered in AMCAS, but for some reason, the description part of it gets cut off on the MN application. Be sure to check it when you fill out your on-line. If there are problems, they told me to mail in a hard copy. Good luck!

hey bond-girl,
my post secondary experiences were cut off too. don't they have a copy of our real amcas anyway? why should we have to mail one in?

They're supposed to, but the woman in admissions that I spoke with suggested that it would be a good idea for me to mail in a hard copy. She even said that a hard copy of that section on the AMCAS would be fine. I sent in a modified word document that I had already with a cover letter explaining that their staff asked me to send it in because there was a problem with the on-line application.

Looks like I will have to print and send those things out. Why though, it is on our AMCAS. Makes no sense to me.

Solid Gold,
Call them just to make sure. I felt that it was kind of odd that she told me to send it in. The office seems pretty strict about getting permission before turing anything in.

Spiderman,
The questions are as follows for U of MN- Minn:
1. Discuss your early life experiences, family background, and aspects of your home community that especially pertain to your decision to become a physician.

2. How do you anticipate that your attendance at the university of Mn- Minn Medical School will help you fulfill your medical career goals?

3. You have listed your post-sec experiences. Describe here 2 of these experiences, what you have learned from them, and what they have meant to you.