You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
2024hopefulbanana
Full Member
I think by Monday from what I was toldI missed this on my call did they say finacial aid/merit scholarship stuff would come this week or "in the coming weeks"
Thank you 🙂I think by Monday from what I was told
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm curious did anyone else's interview have a second person in the zoom room who was silent the whole time but there for training purposes to learn how to interview and had read your app beforehand? It threw me off a lot lol
Lmao I had this happen at Stritch for an in-person interviewI'm curious did anyone else's interview have a second person in the zoom room who was silent the whole time but there for training purposes to learn how to interview and had read your app beforehand? It threw me off a lot lol
Not for Mayo though. I wonder if having a trainee like that causes your actual interviewer to be less lenient when scoring, since they have to teach the standard for scoring
Had this happen for me at Stritch in person as well 😂. Really awkwardLmao I had this happen at Stritch for an in-person interview
Not for Mayo though. I wonder if having a trainee like that causes your actual interviewer to be less lenient when scoring, since they have to teach the standard for scoring
I also had someone training during my interview. Was overall a positive experience for me!I'm curious did anyone else's interview have a second person in the zoom room who was silent the whole time but there for training purposes to learn how to interview and had read your app beforehand? It threw me off a lot lol
Im sorry you had a negative experience, it definitely threw me for a bit of a loop initially as well.
Last edited:
Amazing man!! CongratulationsFinancial aid info received, full tuition scholarship for Mayo MN!
summer2023
Full Member
Congrats! Is it need based or merit based scholarship?Financial aid info received, full tuition scholarship for Mayo MN!
Thats insane, congrats! (can I have your northwestern spot)Financial aid info received, full tuition scholarship for Mayo MN!
I think they consider you for both merit and need and then just give you whatever is the most generous outcome of the two, but I might be wrong. I would’ve gotten a decent amount of need-based aid, but I think my award is merit-based based on how they broke it downCongrats! Is it need based or merit based scholarship?
WOOOHOOO! SAME!Financial aid info received, full tuition scholarship for Mayo MN!
Thanks! Merit onlyCongrats! Is it need based or merit based scholarship?
Financial aid info received, full tuition scholarship for Mayo MN!
Same here, full tuition at Mayo let’s GOOOOOOO
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
manifesting_the_A
New Member
That’s insane yall so happy for you guys!! Also got financial aid, not full tuition but at least we’re getting info
Jtrisler
New Member
Hey, what do you mean by how they broke it down? Did they send you a breakdown of the scholarship information or did you not submit the scholarship application. Asking hoping to negotiate?I think they consider you for both merit and need and then just give you whatever is the most generous outcome of the two, but I might be wrong. I would’ve gotten a decent amount of need-based aid, but I think my award is merit-based based on how they broke it down
Realperson67
Full Member
Same, Full Tuition scholarship email. So thankfulSame here, full tuition at Mayo let’s GOOOOOOO
They just gave me a number ($65,000 "renewable for up to 4 years") and then my MCAT score was in a chart and they said they took into account GPA as wellHey, what do you mean by how they broke it down? Did they send you a breakdown of the scholarship information or did you not submit the scholarship application. Asking hoping to negotiate?
I got like 60% tuiton! I dont know how they determined it but mine had that chart too ^
75% tuition scholarship received 🙂 I’ll see anyone going in July!
Edit: Also just got some additional aid for my first year!
Edit 2: Ended up getting raised to full tuition! For future applicants: when I reached out they said they do not match scholarships(had full tuition elsewhere), but a few weeks later I was called that additional money was offered and my scholarship was now full tuition for all 4 years. Even if a school says they don't match scholarships, it does not hurt to ask!
Edit: Also just got some additional aid for my first year!
Edit 2: Ended up getting raised to full tuition! For future applicants: when I reached out they said they do not match scholarships(had full tuition elsewhere), but a few weeks later I was called that additional money was offered and my scholarship was now full tuition for all 4 years. Even if a school says they don't match scholarships, it does not hurt to ask!
Last edited:
Are WLs and Rs historically sent out early this week?
CliffBarGuy
New Member
Last year it looks like they were sent out at the end of the week based on cycle track but it may be different for this yearAre WLs and Rs historically sent out early this week?
schwenkz
Full Member
OOS WL email today. Interviewed for AZ, but the email specified that you could be selected for any of the campuses you indicated on the secondary.
Of note, they also mentioned that, most years, at least half the incoming class is pulled from the WL. The list is not ranked.
Of note, they also mentioned that, most years, at least half the incoming class is pulled from the WL. The list is not ranked.
Last edited:
Did not receive. Gonna go out on a limb and say that's a rejection.OOS WL email today. Interviewed for AZ, but the email specified that you could be selected for any of the campuses you indicated on the secondary.
Of note, they also mentioned that most years at least half the incoming class is pulled from the WL. The list is not ranked.
TheoGreene451
Full Member
Did not receive anything yet - MN
one_masterpiece
Full Member
Nothing , MN/FL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mike Rowave
Full Member
I did not get a waitlist email, but I tried logging into my portal and got ‘access denied, The username or password you have entered does not match any account. Please contact the Office of Admissions.‘
That can’t be good lmao
That can’t be good lmao
Just tried and same. Post-II R coming in hot 🔥I did not get a waitlist email, but I tried logging into my portal and got ‘access denied, The username or password you have entered does not match any account. Please contact the Office of Admissions.‘
That can’t be good lmao
TheoGreene451
Full Member
Lmao same, they weren't kidding when they said cracking the T20 was hard 😂
The streak continues..
The streak continues..
Thank you for this false hope you have instilled in me lolI don't know that this is indicative of an R. I was accepted with a substantial scholarship, and it's also giving me access denied right now.
maybe we're about to get substantial scholarships too (I wasnt even accepted)Thank you for this false hope you have instilled in me lol
that definitely must be it (me either)maybe we're about to get substantial scholarships too (I wasnt even accepted)
Portal back up
Mike Rowave
Full Member
The neuroticism was fun while it lasted 😂 mb for causing a panic last night lol
D
deleted1177695
Holy **** thank god, waitlisted for AZ campus. Hopefully this leads to something.
Now you gotta spam them with several intent letters till May 🤣Holy **** thank god, waitlisted for AZ campus. Hopefully this leads to something.
+1 WL for AZHoly **** thank god, waitlisted for AZ campus. Hopefully this leads to something.
D
deleted1177695
Does anyone have MSAR data for Mayo Clinic's WL? I know they have substantial movement and that "some years half of the class comes off the alternate list," I'd just appreciate some hard numbers.
Honestly so grateful to still be considered!!
Honestly so grateful to still be considered!!
career_scribe
Full Member
+1 WL for AZ+1 WL for AZ
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applicant2323
Full Member
WL for AZ
+1 WL for AZ
+1 WL Az. The WL streak continues. Having flashbacks to last cycle+1 WL for AZ
Any MN WL???
Not yet, hoping we get oneAny MN WL???