2023-2024 Minnesota

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year #28 reported an A from the WL in June, so a decent amount of movement. Looks like it’s a ranked list but not sure when we receive our number (I’m assuming it’s in April)
The ranked alternate list usually doesn't come out until late May or early June.

Last year there was also some waitlist movement before they made the ranked alternate list, then they reached #28 on the ranked list like you mentioned. I don't think there's any way to tell how many total offers were extended to folks on the WL, but there is definitely a chance of acceptance from the WL.
 
The ranked alternate list usually doesn't come out until late May or early June.

Last year there was also some waitlist movement before they made the ranked alternate list, then they reached #28 on the ranked list like you mentioned. I don't think there's any way to tell how many total offers were extended to folks on the WL, but there is definitely a chance of acceptance from the WL.
Awesome, thanks for the info!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright this is probably a bit neurotic...but does anyone else who is on the WL not see the entry on the AMCAS CYMS page? I'm waitlisted at another school that is listed on the CYMS tool as "Alternate List," but UMN does not show up for me
 
Is Minnesota done interviewing? I have not gotten an R or an II or a hold yet.
 
There are 7 more interview dates, the last is March 14. There may still be a few IIs to spare for the last interviews, but if you haven't heard back yet the most likely outcome is unfortunately an R.
 
Is anyone else confused by the low acceptance rates? Based on total acceptances/total interviews wouldn’t their post II acceptance rate be give or take 40%? Or am I missing something
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when we'll get a registration form for Admitted Students Day?