2023-2024 Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else gotten an email from a current medical student after they interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the pre-clinical style of exams are? NBME?
I asked this of someone privately earlier. Here is the response I received:

Exams are in-house "NBME style," but honestly I disagree with the school that they're NBME style. Way shorter, simpler, and more direct questions, but the occasional really obscure piece of information that a lecturer mentioned in the foot notes in a slide does become a question. Not common, but it happened a few times.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any advice for the virtual interview/MMI?

Does anyone have any advice for the virtual interview/MMI?
It was honestly the best interview experience I had, low stress and plenty of time to think through the MMI questions. Just do some research on the school for the traditional one and be yourself for the MMI. Best of luck!

Slowly withering away as the 16th approaches.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know approximately when financial aid offers and awards like the Dean's award are sent to students?

Anyone know when accepted applicants will get more details/info about admitted students day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an FYI I heard back two days after their “acceptance day” In December with a WL. No explanation why but don’t be freaking out like I did if you don’t hear anything at all the whole day

Reactions: 4 users
I see. You are probably right regarding the contract and the U buying it out.

Exactly, especially for competitive programs (derm, plastics, surg, ent). If anyone has information regarding the LOR "prestige" it would be intriguing to know.

I'm not super concerned, but I'm thinking of my "pros" and "cons" list for each school.
I would not bank on the U buying out any hospital. The financial situation of UMN’s hospital and clinic system has been shaky (at best) for years. Sanford has made multiple bids and Fairview seemed to desire the MHealth-Fairview partnership to be a bridge for a larger acquirer (Sanford or some sort of private equity). UMN obviously does not want Sanford as they have stated publicly, and Fairview has recently elected to not renew their contract. I won’t speculate on how much those two events are connected.

I do not know about the prestige component, and I have no idea how much rotations will be affected in the future (if at all). All I know is that MHealth is absolutely not a financial rock.
FYI - Fairview Health Services and University of Minnesota sign Letter of Intent for transformative next chapter of their partnership

Does anyone know around what time decisions start rolling out? Thanks!
it does not look like they have interviews that morning so maybe starting at 8???? Just speculating, I don't have inside information unfortunately...

Does anyone know when those who interviewed at the end of January will hear back?
I remember them saying April 29th (or earlier in April potentially) during the info session when I interviewed on 1/30 but it sounded like that could change -- definitely hoping it's tomorrow lol

A call for Duluth campus a few minutes ago! Interviewed 11/30.

Reactions: 6 users
TC A a couple min ago! med student call! interviewed december :)

Already nervous lol, still haven’t heard anything

Reactions: 2 users
already went through all the nyt games trying to distract myself 😵‍💫

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly same - the number of times I've refreshed this thread today is frankly embarrassing.

• Haha
OOS A Call just now! Applied TC only. No state ties.

Timeline:

2° Received 7/28; 2° Submitted 7/31; II 11/1; IA 11/21; A 2/16

OOS A to TC 45 min ago!!!! Its my first one and i couldnt be happier!!!
edit: 12/15 interview

Reactions: 2 users
OOS A Call just now! Applied TC only. No state ties.

Timeline:

2° Received 7/28; 2° Submitted 7/31; II 11/1; IA 11/21; A 2/16
Literal exact same timeline and conditions as you, really hoping for the A today 🙏🙏🙏

• Care
same ... I have today off for work and there is nothing for me to do except waiting T_T
I thought of calling off today just so I could not have to handle any potential disappointment while at work. Still holding out tho. Hoping we get that call. 🙏🏼

Literal exact same timeline and conditions as you, really hoping for the A today 🙏🙏🙏
Me too! Got the call this morning and beyond grateful! By far my favorite interview. OOS <3