Mission ImpoWWssible Game Thread

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Day 4 Yeet Vote


  • Total voters
    15
  • Poll closed .
I'm shocked no one else has disputed this but based on this sites meta, I would actively discourage this assumption. It shouldn't matter anyway because mechanics are only for fun and we shouldn't be reliant on them to solve



Smh Clem we don't play how we're supposed to here, we play for the lulz
Why would anyone dispute something they wouldn’t know? How can you dispute that there are investigation roles without just saying “well I’m not one so must be lying” that would just be a mass claim to figure out if the miller was lying and at that point if he’s scum, a teammate would just corroborate the existence anyway.

Maybe I’m not following but it’s weird to say it would be disputed.
 
I'm shocked no one else has disputed this but based on this sites meta, I would actively discourage this assumption. It shouldn't matter anyway because mechanics are only for fun and we shouldn't be reliant on them to solve
It has been disputed. I don't remember by who but it was definitely brought up already that we can't assume there's any kind of investigative role
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
but if there is- they should investigate miller anyway? im confused

Loop Buffering GIF
 
but if there is- they should investigate miller anyway? im confused

Loop Buffering GIF
No they shouldn’t. There’s no way to verify the legitimacy because of the claim. It makes more sense to use investigative roles on anyone else. If there’s a vigilante, greedy is a good shot. We can always yeet him if we can get 1-2 scum out early and have a bit of a lead so we can close the greedy world. But anyone that can investigate people should avoid greedy because it’s not confirmable information. Unless someone wants to counterclaim miller which honestly, would give us a guaranteed baddie out, I think the way to play with the miller is to solve around him for the time being.
 
I'm shocked no one else has disputed this but based on this sites meta, I would actively discourage this assumption. It shouldn't matter anyway because mechanics are only for fun and we shouldn't be reliant on them to solve



Smh Clem we don't play how we're supposed to here, we play for the lulz
Mechanical speculation is part of the game and I will participate in it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
awh man, not the Clem hate on D1!!

@Clem J you could always come back and grace us with your oh so insightful wisdom and wittiness 🤪
It’s not hate, I’m just trying to be as useful as possible and getting distracted by Clem will not help lol I currently have other susses I’d rather look into and Clem is completely null to me right now - and I have a good handful of players lower on my reads list.
 
It’s not hate, I’m just trying to be as useful as possible and getting distracted by Clem will not help lol I currently have other susses I’d rather look into and Clem is completely null to me right now - and I have a good handful of players lower on my reads list.
im just teasing you! youre being v v useful
 
Why would anyone dispute something they wouldn’t know? How can you dispute that there are investigation roles without just saying “well I’m not one so must be lying” that would just be a mass claim to figure out if the miller was lying and at that point if he’s scum, a teammate would just corroborate the existence anyway.

Maybe I’m not following but it’s weird to say it would be disputed.

It's just an argument against making the assumption. I have modded multiple games on this site where I put in roles that 99% of the time have a counterpoint that then wasn't in the game. Or a game where I was very specific to the masons that they were "unconvertible"... In a game with no conversion mechanism

It was meant to be a comment to those unfamiliar with our site meta that making any assumption about the game setup based on claimed (or even confirmed) roles is usually not fruitful

And also a tiny joke about ggoats for those who played that game

Mechanical speculation is part of the game and I will participate in it.
I agree, that's the fun part in "mechanics are fun"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like the last time I saw someone claim miller in a heavy role game I yeeted them into the sun with fury and they were just scum. But also Kay knows this. So i'm in the rough position where like I said i'd kill any of you if the positions were reversed.
 
I responded. Did you not want to talk about it?
I mostly wanted to see peoples reactions to being on da list but I dont think we have time for that, you are right. Are the reads just vibes? I zeroed in on Zenge and maybe was lazy about it. Do you feel strongly about someone over them?
 
I mostly wanted to see peoples reactions to being on da list but I dont think we have time for that, you are right. Are the reads just vibes? I zeroed in on Zenge and maybe was lazy about it. Do you feel strongly about someone over them?
I mean so far my biggest pings have come from fruitsalad but that can also happen due to unfamiliarity and their own inexperience if they really have no history of playing mafia.

SAR feels eager to try to lead yet also just as eager to fade into the background and I can’t figure out why that clash is happening.

Zenge I can’t fully tell if I’m just being paranoid or not so I wanted to see more before making a full read.

PSV is a gut ping based off very little so take it as such.

Chic is…very interesting to me. I might need to reread in ISO to see if I’m chasing nothing but I did get a vibe read here that made me sus.

On others:
Clem/mkg - null and not bothered by it at this point

Mads/vampy - townleaning for now and I don’t really feel paranoid about it yet which is nice

Genny - townlean with some paranoia but not enough for day 1

You - even if you’re bad, I’m not wasting day 1 on you. I think your interactions will help guide us once you do inevitably flip so I’m fine with you staying and doing things as long as you’re actually doing things.

If I forgot someone…that’s crazy because I looked at the voting list like 5 times making this post so I think I got everyone.
 
Is SAR “believing” there is a 3p due to flavor more likely to come from scum trying to figure out the game makeup while also pushing town to a higher paranoia level or from town being really proactive?

Edited: typo
 
Fruit has been fairly noncontributory thus far minus some side chatter and a lot of hugs.
What do you feel about this? Does it make you lean one way or another? You stated a fact not an opinion, so it’s hard to understand the point for saying it if you didn’t have a thought about it.
 
What do you feel about this? Does it make you lean one way or another? You stated a fact not an opinion, so it’s hard to understand the point for saying it if you didn’t have a thought about it.
Scum lean. Gives me vibes of a new(er to forum mafia) player who isn’t quite sure what to say so just observes and reacts.
 
Is SAR “believing” there is a 3p due to flavor more likely to come from scum trying to figure out the game makeup while also pushing town to a higher paranoia level or from town being really proactive?

Edited: typo
if it was a scum thought, i feel like she'd keep that in wolf chat. if a large portion of the group doesn't know sdn's affinity for chaos/3p roles, i don't think a wolf would draw attention to it like that. better to 3p hunt under the guise of scum hunting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes that’s right
Can you provide a super quick (like, don't stress too much about it) interpretation of what a wolf vs village bangers looks like?

Same question about you for @GreedyBanger

Mostly looking for general things to provide a small bit of guidance. Like do you feel they lean more obv!wolf vs obv!village, are they known for a good job of mimicing their town game when wolf, that type of thing
 
Quick vibes list with more detailed thoughts to come when I’m not on mobile.

Town lean: KJQ

???: genny, PSV, vampy, zenge

Scum lean: mads, fruit, mkg

Day 1 solve on you feels like a futile exercise so tabling for later: Clem, greedy

Post more: PSV

EDIT: autocorrect blargh