-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mississippi State CVM
Started by rbccgdt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
November 13, 2014Are we certain tomorrow is the magical day?
Thank you for your application to Mississippi State University College of Veterinary Medicine. All components of your application have been received and your file is complete. Our admissions committee is currently busy reviewing files to determine which ones will receive an interview.
Interview invitations will be extended via e-mail no later than December 19, 2014. TENTATIVE interview dates are February 2-4, 2015, and February 9-11, 2015.
Warmest regards,
Missy Hadaway, Admissions and Student Affairs Coordinator
This is the email I am going off of!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But they sent another email explaining they may be even later?
And they are closed from dec 23 to jan 4, so it could be any time up until the 23rd
No I am really having to resist the urge to call because I go to work at 4:00, which would only be 3:00 in Mississippi!Anyone heard anything??
I would really like them to send out those emails!Anyone heard anything??
That late?! Ughh maybe calling wouldn't hurt....
If you call, share your scoop! Good luck everyone... less than 12 hours until the wait is over!That late?! Ughh maybe calling wouldn't hurt....
That is my issue, I have a break but not soon enough!Someone should call. I'm at work or I would
Just got my invite for February 4th! Good luck to everyone else - hope everyone here gets one!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interview February 4th Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
So excited!
So excited!
Rejected
Interviewing on the 2nd!
February 11th!
Rejected but accepted elsewhere! Good luck to everyone who got an interview. 🙂
Rejected
So sorry to hear =(
Rejected. Frustrated because I got an interview last year. Wondering if it's because I applied as OOS this year and was IS last year.
I'm so sorry. I know the feeling of rejection. Hopefully Missy will let you know what you can do to improve for next cycleRejected
Rejected. Frustrated because I got an interview last year. Wondering if it's because I applied as OOS this year and was IS last year.
can you give us insight on how the interview went for you? was it good or bad? stressful? good southern welcome?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview Feb 11!
Just curious who else is all from out of state???
Just curious who else is all from out of state???

I am!Just curious who else is all from out of state???
Me too!Just curious who else is all from out of state???
Awesome 🙂
I didn't see hardly any in staters lol
I didn't see hardly any in staters lol
OOS, interview Feb 4th! 🙂
random question: Does anyone know if students can get a job working in the large animal or small animal hospitals?
As vet students? I think you can.random question: Does anyone know if students can get a job working in the large animal or small animal hospitals?
Has anyone had to change their interview date because of conflict?
Anybody know why MSU's semester starts in June? Does each class year complete a summer term or is it a first year thing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe that MSU is similar to Mizzou in that they have a 2+2 program (2 years in class, 2 years in clinics), and so they start a bit earlier (in contrast to Mizzou running until late June), to fit everything in. Of course, someone at MSU would be able to fill you in a bit more. 🙂Anybody know why MSU's semester starts in June? Does each class year complete a summer term or is it a first year thing?
As far as the interview goes...
I was mostly asked about things on my application - research I had done, different extra-curricular activities during college, my experience in shadowing/working with animals, etc. They also asked about myself as a person (how other people would describe me, what my strengths were, why I should be chosen as part of the class, etc.) I think this was the weakest part of my interview, mostly because I hadn't thoroughly thought of answers and also because I didn't want to come off as bragging (so phraseology of this portion is a big deal to me 😛). I also recall them asking about my perception of a vet in the community was, if anything interesting was happening in current events in the vet world, etc. They seemed like very broad, open ended questions. I know some of those who interviewed with a different panel got asked questions about specific scenarios as well. So I guess it really depended. Good luck to y'all!
I was mostly asked about things on my application - research I had done, different extra-curricular activities during college, my experience in shadowing/working with animals, etc. They also asked about myself as a person (how other people would describe me, what my strengths were, why I should be chosen as part of the class, etc.) I think this was the weakest part of my interview, mostly because I hadn't thoroughly thought of answers and also because I didn't want to come off as bragging (so phraseology of this portion is a big deal to me 😛). I also recall them asking about my perception of a vet in the community was, if anything interesting was happening in current events in the vet world, etc. They seemed like very broad, open ended questions. I know some of those who interviewed with a different panel got asked questions about specific scenarios as well. So I guess it really depended. Good luck to y'all!
As far as the interview goes...
I was mostly asked about things on my application - research I had done, different extra-curricular activities during college, my experience in shadowing/working with animals, etc. They also asked about myself as a person (how other people would describe me, what my strengths were, why I should be chosen as part of the class, etc.) I think this was the weakest part of my interview, mostly because I hadn't thoroughly thought of answers and also because I didn't want to come off as bragging (so phraseology of this portion is a big deal to me 😛). I also recall them asking about my perception of a vet in the community was, if anything interesting was happening in current events in the vet world, etc. They seemed like very broad, open ended questions. I know some of those who interviewed with a different panel got asked questions about specific scenarios as well. So I guess it really depended. Good luck to y'all!
Awesome, thanks for the info. Did they focus on ethic questions at all?
Did anyone else RSVP by email?
if so did you receive a confirmation email that they got your RSVP? I'm debating whether I should call them too.
if so did you receive a confirmation email that they got your RSVP? I'm debating whether I should call them too.
I did not get a reply email to my RSVP.Did anyone else RSVP by email?
if so did you receive a confirmation email that they got your RSVP? I'm debating whether I should call them too.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 483
- Views
- 66K
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 917
- Views
- 122K
