You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mizzou 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wasn't in the actual interviews but just about everything else as an ambassador. Our committee members are all fantastic this year and almost everyone came out smiling and even made them laugh.Hi everyone! I'm interviewing this weekend and am wondering if anyone who interviewed today has advice
No trick questions, primarily application based. Just a get to know you type of conversation in a formal setting.
Everyone yesterday absolutely nailed dressing to impress, looked perfect 👌
Looking forward to meeting many more of you today! You got this 😊
PS: you will be told today at the banquet but we had a record number of applications this year at 2000 and this was narrowed down to around/just above 300 so they already like you and would love for you to be apart of the next cohort so don't stress about that. Shake the nerves off (easier said than done!) Go in and show em why you!
D
deleted1205698
Thank you, @Alicat9152. I'm Mom to one of the interviewees today. Hoping for good things for her! 🥰I wasn't in the actual interviews but just about everything else as an ambassador. Our committee members are all fantastic this year and almost everyone came out smiling and even made them laugh.
No trick questions, primarily application based. Just a get to know you type of conversation in a formal setting.
Everyone yesterday absolutely nailed dressing to impress, looked perfect 👌
Looking forward to meeting many more of you today! You got this 😊
PS: you will be told today at the banquet but we had a record number of applications this year at 2000 and this was narrowed down to around/just above 300 so they already like you and would love for you to be apart of the next cohort so don't stress about that. Shake the nerves off (easier said than done!) Go in and show em why you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Absolutely! Looking forward to meeting you later today 💛🖤Thank you, @Alicat9152. I'm Mom to one of the interviewees today. Hoping for good things for her! 🥰
D
deleted1205698
Sorry that I'm not there, except in spirit and hopes for her success. Perhaps we may meet when she's accepted... *positive thinking* 😊Absolutely! Looking forward to meeting you later today 💛🖤
pastalover23
Full Member
The whole process was lovely today! Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Side note does anyone from the area know of good coffee shops, nice place for a drink, cute little shops? My flight back home is cancelled and the first plane they can get me on is WEDNESDAY so I’m stuck here a bit 🙁
Side note does anyone from the area know of good coffee shops, nice place for a drink, cute little shops? My flight back home is cancelled and the first plane they can get me on is WEDNESDAY so I’m stuck here a bit 🙁
Congrats to everyone that interviewed this weekend! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting many of you and your families 😊.
Best of luck to those with upcoming interviews in the next couple weeks and I can't wait to see ya'll for those with in person interviews end of January!
As always holler with any questions and please travel safely if you are stuck in Columbia due to weather
Best of luck to those with upcoming interviews in the next couple weeks and I can't wait to see ya'll for those with in person interviews end of January!
As always holler with any questions and please travel safely if you are stuck in Columbia due to weather
Goldendog_
Full Member
Hello! I had a zoom interview today! I wanted to know if anyone had an idea of when we will hear back about acceptance/rejection.
prevet9999
Full Member
Was it open file?Hello! I had a zoom interview today! I wanted to know if anyone had an idea of when we will hear back about acceptance/rejection.
pastalover23
Full Member
Last week they told us we should hear back by February 20th, and if not to reach out to the admissions department via email! Good luck!Hello! I had a zoom interview today! I wanted to know if anyone had an idea of when we will hear back about acceptance/rejection.
Goldendog_
Full Member
Yes but they didn’t ask me application specific questions.Was it open file?
yall that interview was so… quick?! only 10 minutes. i’m glad i did virtual and didn’t drive all the way there for a 10 min interview lol
spookybat0613
Full Member
yall that interview was so… quick?! only [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]] minutes. i’m glad i did virtual and didn’t drive all the way there for a [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]] min interview lol
Hope it went well!! Personally I want to go for the tour as well as to see the campus but I know the interview portion is short
ErPikBeary
Full Member
I am so glad I went in person. You get a lot of info about the school and to see the facilities obviously. I also felt like they covered A LOT In just a 15 min interview. I got asked a lot of questions, maybe 7.Hope it went well!! Personally I want to go for the tour as well as to see the campus but I know the interview portion is short
yes the tour would be nice! i toured the campus already with my pre-vet club otherwise i would have considered going in person!Hope it went well!! Personally I want to go for the tour as well as to see the campus but I know the interview portion is short
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they have virtual tours or info sessions about the program?
There will be several info sessions over zoom once decisions come out including a virtual student panel and a "meet mizzou day" for those accepted/waitlisted.Does anyone know if they have virtual tours or info sessions about the program?
I personally have never done a virtual tour as an ambassador but that does not mean they don't exist! I would email Doug Tindall our recruiter to ask if that would be possible.
Tours are offered everyday pretty much as long as an ambassador is free, same if you are wanting to sit in on a class 🙂
Goldendog_
Full Member
When is the last day of interviews for virtual and in person?
spookybat0613
Full Member
I’m not sure for virtual but I believe for in person it’s the twenty sixth of this month
cierra.layton
Full Member
I think the 26th weekend is the last weekend of interviews. I could be wrong though
All interviews will be completed the last week of January. The in person weekend 25th and 26th. Zooms to end the month out. Committee has about a week to review and Kathy has the next week to make sure all grades are in/scores updated and getting the Dean's stamp of approval prior to sending out decisions
samvetgirl
Full Member
I am interviewing in person on the 25th and am a little confused about the schedule. For the tours during the in person interviews, it says that tours happen as interviews conclude, and the schedule has tours going from 9-10:30 for the morning. It also says that the tours are an hour and a half long. Are there multiple tours that start at staggered times during that window? Or is it one tour that lasts for that entire 90-minute time slot? I have an afternoon interview time so I'm wanting to do the tour in the morning but am not sure what time I should try to get there.
Tours are somewhat staggered throughout the day. Our 1st tour will go out in the morning probably around 9:30-10a. Tours depart based on if there is an available ambassador ready to go and if the group is large enough (like to have minimum 3-4 groups/families ready prior to departing)I am interviewing in person on the 25th and am a little confused about the schedule. For the tours during the in person interviews, it says that tours happen as interviews conclude, and the schedule has tours going from 9-10:30 for the morning. It also says that the tours are an hour and a half long. Are there multiple tours that start at staggered times during that window? Or is it one tour that lasts for that entire 90-minute time slot? I have an afternoon interview time so I'm wanting to do the tour in the morning but am not sure what time I should try to get there.
Tour length is dependent on the ambassadors experiences giving Tours and we'll as how many questions are asked by the group. My Tours for example are on average are between 1.5-2 hours which encompasses the whole school as well as the VHC (teaching hospital) with a fair amount of questions!
There may be 1-2 in the morning that leave (again dependent on those 2 factors I mentioned) tour after the banquet lunch/student panel around 2pm and then 1-2 more in the afternoon.
The whole banquet start to finish will be from 12:10ish-2pmish (concludes with student panel)
Jordyn4198
Full Member
When do you think we will hear about decisions? Sometime mid feb maybe?
By or before feb 20thWhen do you think we will hear about decisions? Sometime mid feb maybe?
Jordyn4198
Full Member
I loved the interview, everyone was so nice! Except I got one super specific question I just didn’t know the answer to ….
I agree! Everyone was really nice. If it makes you feel better.. my very first question was the only one I had issues with. my answer was not great and I admitted I did not have enough in depth knowledge on the topic when they asked me to elaborate.[emoji28]
Jordyn4198
Full Member
In my opinion and having done a LOT of interviews (my Son is the Vet school applicant so I am quite a bit older), it is better to be honest about a gap you have rather than to ramble on with a word salad. My guess is the interviewers much appreciate the honesty.
This makes me feel slightly better, I have been sick to my stomach about not answering the first question well, I hope it did not make or break me and set the tone for them for the rest of my interview [emoji853]
mollyk_2021
ISU CVM c/o 2029
What was the question??I loved the interview, everyone was so nice! Except I got one super specific question I just didn’t know the answer to ….
We aren't supposed to disclose that.What was the question??
Hello everyone! I’ve got an interview coming up soon, which I’m super excited for, and I was wondering if anyone on here could point me in the right direction for some more interview prep.
Can anyone say whether questions regarding animal anatomy or clinical care typically pop up or if it will be mostly regarding our individual applications and motivations? Additionally, I’ve been told to prepare for situational questions and to be asked on my opinion on recent topics in vet med. Are these all to be expected? I understand if that can’t be disclosed! Thanks so much in advance, all advice is appreciated 🙂
Can anyone say whether questions regarding animal anatomy or clinical care typically pop up or if it will be mostly regarding our individual applications and motivations? Additionally, I’ve been told to prepare for situational questions and to be asked on my opinion on recent topics in vet med. Are these all to be expected? I understand if that can’t be disclosed! Thanks so much in advance, all advice is appreciated 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thursdaysdad
Full Member
I had mine already. What I can tell you is this — I was prepared for this and I didn’t have to use any of it. This interview is 15 minutes long. You just kind of have to… know it? I am sorry if that isn’t enough but the most important thing is that you are confident.Hello everyone! I’ve got an interview coming up soon, which I’m super excited for, and I was wondering if anyone on here could point me in the right direction for some more interview prep.
Can anyone say whether questions regarding animal anatomy or clinical care typically pop up or if it will be mostly regarding our individual applications and motivations? Additionally, I’ve been told to prepare for situational questions and to be asked on my opinion on recent topics in vet med. Are these all to be expected? I understand if that can’t be disclosed! Thanks so much in advance, all advice is appreciated 🙂
Jordyn4198
Full Member
I had mine already. What I can tell you is this — I was prepared for this and I didn’t have to use any of it. This interview is [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]] minutes long. You just kind of have to… know it? I am sorry if that isn’t enough but the most important thing is that you are confident.
I [emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]% agree with this advice
ErPikBeary
Full Member
We need to wait until everyone is done interviewing but I’m so curious what the question was! I can’t remember what my first question was 😅It was my first question too! I did the same thing!
Best of luck and safe travels to those interviewing this weekend!! See ya there 😊🐯
Goldendog_
Full Member
Good luck everyone! I did a virtual interview a few weeks ago. What is the campus like?
We have our academic building and teaching hospital across the parking lot from one another. All is separated from main campus which is super nice. We have the typical academic building features (lecture halls, classrooms, Cafe, clinical skills lab, library, laboratories, etc.)Good luck everyone! I did a virtual interview a few weeks ago. What is the campus like?
Hospital wise, we have small animal, food animal, and Equine with a whole lot of specialties and cool technology. We also have a Raptor ward and mule barn.
Interviews (with the exception of potential zooms this week, unsure)...are complete for the CO 2029 cycle!! I just wanted to come on here and say those I had the pleasure of interacting with during in person interviews this year, ya'll were amazing and I would be lucky and honored to work alongside you as colleagues here. You dressed to impress, despite the nervousness had the best personalities and enthusiasm and asked some of the most difficult yet best questions during student panels and tours.
No matter what your decision is come mid February, please give yourself some grace and a pat on the back because this process is mentally/physically draining and YOU DID THAT!!
A waitlist is not the end, full disclosure I was waitlisted myself and was fortunate enough to be pulled off a week after the deadline and now we're here, doing the thing 💯 so don't get too down on yourself if that happens, its not a no and admissions pulls quite a bit from their waitlist each year (varies of course).
As always holler if you have any questions (email doug for tours/class sit ins etc.) and I hope to see you at VET orientation and in the halls this Fall!
Best of luck with other interviews u may have still, and the rest of the cycle
~ Ali 🐾
No matter what your decision is come mid February, please give yourself some grace and a pat on the back because this process is mentally/physically draining and YOU DID THAT!!
A waitlist is not the end, full disclosure I was waitlisted myself and was fortunate enough to be pulled off a week after the deadline and now we're here, doing the thing 💯 so don't get too down on yourself if that happens, its not a no and admissions pulls quite a bit from their waitlist each year (varies of course).
As always holler if you have any questions (email doug for tours/class sit ins etc.) and I hope to see you at VET orientation and in the halls this Fall!
Best of luck with other interviews u may have still, and the rest of the cycle
~ Ali 🐾
cierra.layton
Full Member
Thank you for all your help and support we all appreciate it!!!! Good luck everyone on the rest of the cycle we got this💃💃Interviews (with the exception of potential zooms this week, unsure)...are complete for the CO 2029 cycle!! I just wanted to come on here and say those I had the pleasure of interacting with during in person interviews this year, ya'll were amazing and I would be lucky and honored to work alongside you as colleagues here. You dressed to impress, despite the nervousness had the best personalities and enthusiasm and asked some of the most difficult yet best questions during student panels and tours.
No matter what your decision is come mid February, please give yourself some grace and a pat on the back because this process is mentally/physically draining and YOU DID THAT!!
A waitlist is not the end, full disclosure I was waitlisted myself and was fortunate enough to be pulled off a week after the deadline and now we're here, doing the thing 💯 so don't get too down on yourself if that happens, its not a no and admissions pulls quite a bit from their waitlist each year (varies of course).
As always holler if you have any questions (email doug for tours/class sit ins etc.) and I hope to see you at VET orientation and in the halls this Fall!
Best of luck with other interviews u may have still, and the rest of the cycle
~ Ali 🐾
For anyone who had the pleasure of an in-person interview, would you share highlights about the experience? Zoom was great, but it feels disconnected from the excitement!
Hi, everyone! I was curious if anyone knows if they usually just email all admissions decisions or if they also call for acceptances? I just want to keep track of which area codes i should be answering calls from because I get so many spam calls but don’t want to decline the call if I’m lucky enough to get one (if you know mizzou’s please feel free to comment it below [emoji23]). I wish everyone the best of luck!!!!
samvetgirl
Full Member
I don't know about how they send out decisions, but the area code for Columbia, MO is 573 if you're wanting to look out for thatHi, everyone! I was curious if anyone knows if they usually just email all admissions decisions or if they also call for acceptances? I just want to keep track of which area codes i should be answering calls from because I get so many spam calls but don’t want to decline the call if I’m lucky enough to get one (if you know mizzou’s please feel free to comment it below [emoji23]). I wish everyone the best of luck!!!!
cierra.layton
Full Member
I believe it is an email, but I could be mistaken
mollyk_2021
ISU CVM c/o 2029
I go here and one time Kathy (admissions assistant) called me and the caller ID said the University of Missouri even though I didn’t have it saved so watch out for that!Hi, everyone! I was curious if anyone knows if they usually just email all admissions decisions or if they also call for acceptances? I just want to keep track of which area codes i should be answering calls from because I get so many spam calls but don’t want to decline the call if I’m lucky enough to get one (if you know mizzou’s please feel free to comment it below [emoji23]). I wish everyone the best of luck!!!!
Initial decisions in mid February will be an email. If you are waitlisted they will try to call first and if they aren't able to get ahold of you, an acceptance will be sent via email either wayHi, everyone! I was curious if anyone knows if they usually just email all admissions decisions or if they also call for acceptances? I just want to keep track of which area codes i should be answering calls from because I get so many spam calls but don’t want to decline the call if I’m lucky enough to get one (if you know mizzou’s please feel free to comment it below [emoji23]). I wish everyone the best of luck!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Goldendog_
Full Member
I think the hardest part of the application process is the waiting. Having a young baby has made this waiting so much harder. It’s hard to not know if we are selling our house and moving or staying put another year. Anyone else seriously struggling with the waiting?
I admire your commitment so much wow! I thought the waiting was hard for me, but truly can't imagine how you're feeling! Wishing you well the rest of the cycle!I think the hardest part of the application process is the waiting. Having a young baby has made this waiting so much harder. It’s hard to not know if we are selling our house and moving or staying put another year. Anyone else seriously struggling with the waiting?
Yes! The selling the house/moving across the country/looking into a job transfer for my husband makes me antsy.I think the hardest part of the application process is the waiting. Having a young baby has made this waiting so much harder. It’s hard to not know if we are selling our house and moving or staying put another year. Anyone else seriously struggling with the waiting?
Goldendog_
Full Member
YES! I so get this. The house, and my husband getting a new job and moving away from our families with a baby is so stressful. It’s hard to choose this dream. I know it’ll benefit our family years down the road but it’s hard making the intense sacrifices now.Yes! The selling the house/moving across the country/looking into a job transfer for my husband makes me antsy.
ErPikBeary
Full Member
Do we think that we could possibly hear this week since last year decisions came out 2/7? Or unlikely and we should just wait for the following week (or two)?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 607
- Views
- 89K