Mizzou c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On their page there’s a list of requirements but from what I understood you have to be independent for taxes. A Missouri license. Primary on your car. Spend most of the year in Missouri, and make at least $2,000 in Missouri your first year.

I can’t find this page, so you have the link

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
For those accepted, does anyone know if there’s anyway to visit the campus before accepting the offer? I really wanna see the insides of the buildings if possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there are instances where OOS students after 1st year aren't given in-state tuition? Unsure as to how that system works.
As everyone has mentioned so far, the requirements are laid out for you during first year and are decently easy to achieve. I have never met a student that didn't get the IS tuition if they applied for it. At least for the 4 years I was there, it was a 100% rate each year for those wanting IS tuition.

Reactions: 1 user
Any current students have recommended apartment complexes or neighborhoods?

Any current students have recommended apartment complexes or neighborhoods?

South side of town is the nicer side. I would stay away from the north side of town. I wouldn’t live anywhere north of campus.

Reactions: 2 users
For those accepted, did you just get an email with instructions on how to reserve your seat? I am still waiting to hear from my IS but will probably take my seat at Mizzou if not accepted there. The email makes it sound like you have to pay the deposit now but will get it back if you choose to decline before April 15th. Is this how it works or do you have until April 15th to pay the deposit?

For those accepted, did you just get an email with instructions on how to reserve your seat? I am still waiting to hear from my IS but will probably take my seat at Mizzou if not accepted there. The email makes it sound like you have to pay the deposit now but will get it back if you choose to decline before April 15th. Is this how it works or do you have until April 15th to pay the deposit?
I think you still have April 15th to deposit. The email is just saying if you do end up depositing now and change your mind later, you can only get a refund before April 15th. Like for example, let’s say you are waitlisted at your IS so you go ahead and submit the deposit to Mizzou. You hear back that you’re accepted to your IS before April 15th, you decline Mizzou and are eligible to get your deposit back.

Any other IS people on pins and needles to hear about interviews now that it’s February 1?

Any other IS people on pins and needles to hear about interviews now that it’s February 1?
read this and totally agreed, then looked at my phone and saw the invite. spoke too soon lol! Feb 27/28 here we go!!

read this and totally agreed, then looked at my phone and saw the invite. spoke too soon lol! Feb 27/28 here we go!!

I know! So funny. I can’t decide which time to choose

I know! So funny. I can’t decide which time to choose

Mine is Saturday the 27th at 9:30 am! I’m so glad we finally have a date to wait for

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they send acceptance packets in the mail?
I emailed them asking to change my permanent address because I moved after submitting the VMCAS and they said this didn't matter because everything would be sent through email, not mailed so I'm assuming they do not.

Has anyone been able to get feedback on their application after being selected as an alternate? Not sure if they are able to give any feedback, or even who to talk to. Thanks in advance!

Has anyone been able to get feedback on their application after being selected as an alternate? Not sure if they are able to give any feedback, or even who to talk to. Thanks in advance!
Yes, they do offer application reviews I believe after April 30. They should have mentioned something about that in the email they sent you telling that you were an alternate. Kathy Seay is the person you would talk to for the feedback. They will go over the application, give you your score sheet and explain how you can improve.

Yes, they do offer application reviews I believe after April 30. They should have mentioned something about that in the email they sent you telling that you were an alternate. Kathy Seay is the person you would talk to for the feedback. They will go over the application, give you your score sheet and explain how you can improve.
Great thank you! There wasn't anything about that in the email I got, but I will reach out to her around then.

Congrats to all about your OOS acceptance!!! In regards to in state tuition, it is quite easy to obtain but plan on spending the summer of your first year in Missouri. I don't know of anyone who applied and did not get in state. Let me know if anyone has questions (c/o 2017 grad here!) IS, you guys are next!

Congrats to all about your OOS acceptance!!! In regards to in state tuition, it is quite easy to obtain but plan on spending the summer of your first year in Missouri. I don't know of anyone who applied and did not get in state. Let me know if anyone has questions (c/o 2017 grad here!) IS, you guys are next!
Would that be the summer between 1st and 2nd years or the summer before 1st year?

Would that be the summer between 1st and 2nd years or the summer before 1st year?
Summer between year 1 and 2, which summers are shortened anyway due to the block schedule.

Hello! I recently got accepted by Mizzou (OOS) and have a few questions I want to ask. What was the vet student life at Mizzou normally like during pre-COVID times? I reached out to several first-year students and they said they didn't get to know everyone in their class, along with their professors and other vet students from different years, as well as they wanted because of COVID.
I also heard that a lot of classes, quizzes, exams, club meetings, orientation, and other gatherings went from in-person to online. What were most of these meetings/gatherings like prior to COVID? Does Mizzou have an optimistic plan on having classes return to in-person learning for the next academic year?

Does Mizzou have an optimistic plan on having classes return to in-person learning for the next academic year?
I’m an OOS alternate but I asked a very similar question during my interview. I obviously can’t speak to what it’s actually like but I was told that most lectures were online but they had restructured to allow labs to be in slightly smaller groups so they could remain in person.

Hello! I recently got accepted by Mizzou (OOS) and have a few questions I want to ask. What was the vet student life at Mizzou normally like during pre-COVID times? I reached out to several first-year students and they said they didn't get to know everyone in their class, along with their professors and other vet students from different years, as well as they wanted because of COVID.
I also heard that a lot of classes, quizzes, exams, club meetings, orientation, and other gatherings went from in-person to online. What were most of these meetings/gatherings like prior to COVID? Does Mizzou have an optimistic plan on having classes return to in-person learning for the next academic year?
Classes are generally very close-knit but as in any vet school, very clique-like. I believe everyone found a place to fit in. Generally we were together all day M-F and depending on your personality, some people would go out and party, some would stay in, some would do something in between. Generally, people from the vet school stuck with others from the program, however, there are quite a few that went to Mizzou and have connections in the community. I was never really close to any professors myself, other than a mentor I had during a research project (summer research program was offered and a great way to make $$ over the summer to change from OOS to IS). I cannot really comment on it other than I do know a lot of students got quite close to some professors to call them friends! I hope that helps! I can try to elaborate more.

Reactions: 3 users
Classes are generally very close-knit but as in any vet school, very clique-like. I believe everyone found a place to fit in. Generally we were together all day M-F and depending on your personality, some people would go out and party, some would stay in, some would do something in between. Generally, people from the vet school stuck with others from the program, however, there are quite a few that went to Mizzou and have connections in the community. I was never really close to any professors myself, other than a mentor I had during a research project (summer research program was offered and a great way to make $$ over the summer to change from OOS to IS). I cannot really comment on it other than I do know a lot of students got quite close to some professors to call them friends! I hope that helps! I can try to elaborate more.
What were club schedules like back then? I heard that most, if not all, are currently done online so I assume most of the meetings are talks with little to no hands-on experience in wet labs, right?

Does anyone know when/if schools send out scholarships for accepted students?

What were club schedules like back then? I heard that most, if not all, are currently done online so I assume most of the meetings are talks with little to no hands-on experience in wet labs, right?
Generally meetings were in the evenings starting around 5-7pm. Dinners generally provided. I wasn't a member of many clubs and the ones I did join were not ones with many hands on opportunities. Having said that, the large animal clubs tended to have a lot more opportunities for experience. Most of the general meetings were just a talk.

I know it’s super early but I’m very impatient and wondering if anyone has heard anything about waitlist movement?

I know it’s super early but I’m very impatient and wondering if anyone has heard anything about waitlist movement?

I’m imagining it won’t start moving until closer to the April deadline when people start declining or accepting offers

I was looking through last years thread and I saw that the people waitlisted were ranked last year. Anyone know why the waitlist isn’t ranked this year?

I was looking through last years thread and I saw that the people waitlisted were ranked last year. Anyone know why the waitlist isn’t ranked this year?

In state is ranked, OOS isn’t

Can the accepted/waitlisted OOS share their stats please?

3.84 gpa
3400 vet hours (emergency, small animal, shelter, wildlife)
1200??? Animal hours (can’t remember)
10 leadership positions within 2 clubs (pre vet and a service fraternity)
Lots of service
5 LOR (two vets from small animal and wildlife, team leader LVT at my ER job, one from a chem prof where I had a C in the class and turned it around to an A, and then my prevet advisor)

3.84 gpa
3400 vet hours (emergency, small animal, shelter, wildlife)
1200??? Animal hours (can’t remember)
10 leadership positions within 2 clubs (pre vet and a service fraternity)
Lots of service
5 LOR (two vets from small animal and wildlife, team leader LVT at my ER job, one from a chem prof where I had a C in the class and turned it around to an A, and then my prevet advisor)

What about last 45 GPA and average courseload?

What about last 45 GPA and average courseload?

Last 45 was 3.93
Average courseload was 14.71 ave credit load for 7 semesters, 15.28 including all the credits and internships I took for 7 semesters.

OOS Waitlisted
GPA= 3.82
500+ hours small animal experience
500+ hours wildlife rehab experience
300+ hours veterinary clinical research
A couple Equine vet job shadowing opportunities
Leadership positions= exec board of a club, Microbio lab TA
4 LOR (research PI who is also a vet, small animal vet, Prof from TA, wildlife rehab coord)
Last 45 GPA was a around a 3.9
avg course load probably around 14-15 credits per semester

Last 45 was 3.93
Average courseload was 14.71 ave credit load for 7 semesters, 15.28 including all the credits and internships I took for 7 semesters.

Oh I also held two jobs, one at a vet clinic and one at the school as a medical microbiology lab prep technician

OOS Accepted
3.78 Cumulative GPA
3.80 GPA Last 45
~2,500 Veterinary Hours (Small animal + exotic)
~500 Animal Hours
3 LORs (GP Veterinarian I worked under, my OChem Professor, and an Animal Science Professor at my school who was also a DVM)
I worked at 2 different veterinary hospitals and shadowed/helped a veterinary surgeon.
Added clubs I was active in during my undergraduate years as well as any volunteering (a few)
No leadership positions and no research.

OOS Accepted
3.78 Cumulative GPA
3.80 GPA Last 45
~2,500 Veterinary Hours (Small animal + exotic)
~500 Animal Hours
3 LORs (GP Veterinarian I worked under, my OChem Professor, and an Animal Science Professor at my school who was also a DVM)
I worked at 2 different veterinary hospitals and shadowed/helped a veterinary surgeon.
Added clubs I was active in during my undergraduate years as well as any volunteering (a few)
No leadership positions and no research.

What’s about average courseload?

OOS Waitlisted
3.73 Cumulative GPA
3.92 GPA Last 45
~6,000 Veterinary Hours (Small animal GP and specialty practice (derm))
~60 hours of Equine experience with vet
~100 of animal hours (exotic/equine)
Field Research with K State Vet school and their parasitologist over 4 months
4 LORs (3 from Veterinarians, one from a professor)
First time applicant from FL

OOS Accepted
Cumulative GPA: 3.88
Last 45: 3.85
sGPA: 3.74
-only about 500 vet experience hours
-average course load 15-16 hours
-300 hours of research
-4 LOR (1 vet, 2 research professors, 1 science professor)
-variety of leadership (TA, Exec boards)/community service/experience in human health care

Honestly looking at everyones stats in just this thread, you can see how unpredictable admissions are...it's wild

Reactions: 4 users
I’m waited At mizzou. Does anyone know how many are waitlisted at mizzou and chance of getting in

I’m waited At mizzou. Does anyone know how many are waitlisted at mizzou and chance of getting in

I know that OOS waitlist for Mizzou will often move 50-60 spots to fill the OOS seats, but last year I don’t think it moved that much. Maybe 15-20 spots?

Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group made for the class of 25 yet?

I’m oos and they said they didn’t rank oos.

I didn’t think they did. I know sometimes 50 spots will open up but last year I think it only moved around 10 spots. Every year is different so it’s so hard to tell