Mizzou c/o 2025

Started by LaineyLou
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview was on the 9th and they said 4-5 weeks!
This makes me feel better I was beginning to worry. I was super impressed with how much the interviewers knew about my experiences and read from my personal statement. Plus the student ambassadors and staff who did the zoom sessions were so down to Earth and accommodating. It would be great to get in (and get that in $tate tution after a year haha)
 
This makes me feel better I was beginning to worry. I was super impressed with how much the interviewers knew about my experiences and read from my personal statement. Plus the student ambassadors and staff who did the zoom sessions were so down to Earth and accommodating. It would be great to get in (and get that in $tate tution after a year haha)
Literally! Zoom has been such an inconvenience but I think they did so well with the entire process. It was nice to talk to people who actually knew something about me! I always have a hard time remembering the good things about myself under pressure 😂 we are only a couple weeks out from hearing if we got in or not 🤭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got off the phone with someone about if they received my transcript and they mentioned that they’ll be sending out decisions tomorrow or the next day (to OOS)! But also please don’t burn me at the stake if this person lied to me.
Oh man.. thanks for letting us know! Let the stress & refreshing email begin LOL >_<
 
Were we supposed to receive an email back that our transcripts were received??
So when I called the person just told me they got my transcripts (I never got a confirmation email) and that “all OOS transcripts are in” so idk what that means. Calling can help but maybe don’t be panicked if u don’t get a confirmation email?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if there are instances where OOS students after 1st year aren't given in-state tuition? Unsure as to how that system works.
 
Anyone know if there are instances where OOS students after 1st year aren't given in-state tuition? Unsure as to how that system works.
On their page there’s a list of requirements but from what I understood you have to be independent for taxes. A Missouri license. Primary on your car. Spend most of the year in Missouri, and make at least $2,000 in Missouri your first year.
 
OOS alternate; Congrats to everyone who got accepted! 🙂

I still need to take public speaking for Mizzou, but if we won't know until May 1 if we'll be offered a seat (as an alternate), what do you guys think I should do? I'm also waiting on 2 other schools, 1 of which doesn't need the course.
 
OOS alternate; Congrats to everyone who got accepted! 🙂

I still need to take public speaking for Mizzou, but if we won't know until May 1 if we'll be offered a seat (as an alternate), what do you guys think I should do? I'm also waiting on 2 other schools, 1 of which doesn't need the course.
are you currently taking it? you have to take it this semester for them as I believe this summer would be too late. If you're taking it now I'd personally keep pushing through
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The email said that they’d attempt to contact us by email and by phone and that if they can’t reach us they would move on. So do we have to accept a spot immediately if it’s offered? Or do we have the option to consider the offer and not immediately accept if it’s before the April 15th deadline?
 
On their page there’s a list of requirements but from what I understood you have to be independent for taxes. A Missouri license. Primary on your car. Spend most of the year in Missouri, and make at least $2,000 in Missouri your first year.

I can’t find this page, so you have the link