Mizzou c/o 2025

Started by LaineyLou
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know if anyone was rejected after interviewing? It seems like everyone who interviewed was offered an acceptance or alternate seat. I know some schools do that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone speak on the safety of Columbia? I have read that it is a high-crime area. I am highly considering Mizzou as an OOS student but want to feel safe wherever I choose.

edit: also curious what scholarship opportunities Mizzou offers and what percentage of students receive scholarships while at Mizzou.
 
Can anyone speak on the safety of Columbia? I have read that it is a high-crime area. I am highly considering Mizzou as an OOS student but want to feel safe wherever I choose.

edit: also curious what scholarship opportunities Mizzou offers and what percentage of students receive scholarships while at Mizzou.
In one of the acceptance emails there are attachments to be completed to confirm your seat- one of them is about scholarships and lists some of the ones that first years are considered for!!
 
Can anyone speak on the safety of Columbia? I have read that it is a high-crime area. I am highly considering Mizzou as an OOS student but want to feel safe wherever I choose.

edit: also curious what scholarship opportunities Mizzou offers and what percentage of students receive scholarships while at Mizzou.
As someone who lived in the really "sketchy" part of Columbia (north of campus/ I-70), I felt safe most of the time. I wouldn't want to walk by myself at night, but I personally never felt endangered. I feel like there are parts of Columbia that can be higher in crime than others. For instance, if you south of I-70/campus, that area is regarded as really safe and I haven't heard many issues. My SO lived in the south part of town and I frequently walked by myself at night to get to his apartment and never felt worried for my safety. It really just depends on where you live. The FB group (when it goes up), is a great place to ask current students where they live and where they recommend to go or avoid.
 
Does anyone know if anyone was rejected after interviewing? It seems like everyone who interviewed was offered an acceptance or alternate seat. I know some schools do that.
I know people that were waitlisted after interviewing but not rejected to my knowledge
 
Can anyone speak on the safety of Columbia? I have read that it is a high-crime area. I am highly considering Mizzou as an OOS student but want to feel safe wherever I choose.

edit: also curious what scholarship opportunities Mizzou offers and what percentage of students receive scholarships while at Mizzou.
scholarship opportunities can be found in the financial aid portion/attachments to the acceptance email. as far as the crime/safety aspect goes, i was also OOS accepted and have the same concern!
 
Could any current/past students explain how the 2 didactic years work? I've been looking at the student schedules published online and courses go through June then start again the end of August, so you start VM2 (IP5) May-June then have two months off and go back to VM2(IP6)?
Have any waitlisted people heard anything
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to everyone so far! :soexcited:I work at the Vet School (non-medical) and my wife is in school here currently. I am happy to answer any questions you may have from a student or outside perspective!
Also, our communication team put together an incredible new video for those who are looking to find out more about the college and Columbia itself. Here is a link to the virtual tour! Take a Virtual Tour of the MU CVM
 
Did anyone get a notification that their FAFSA was received? Some schools I applied to sent me a confirmation email months ago when it was received but Mizzou never did so just wanted to see if it was just me.
 
Has anyone heard any info about when we should hear about acceptances?
No, but if anyone hears anything please post. I have read that people are turning down acceptances. But does anyone know if they over accept so they don’t really need to use waitlist. I know some school send out 3 times the rate because quite a few people
Turn school down.
 
No, but if anyone hears anything please post. I have read that people are turning down acceptances. But does anyone know if they over accept so they don’t really need to use waitlist. I know some school send out 3 times the rate because quite a few people
Turn school down.

I was referring to IS but they do over accept for OOS. They still usually dip into the waitlist though. Kathy told me sometimes the OOS waitlist will move 50-60 spots to fill the seats(not necessarily that they take that many off, but that some people remove themselves from the waitlist). Last year they took maybe 5-10 off the OOS waitlist, I’m not 100% sure but I know it wasn’t a ton. I don’t think they over accept by a ton because I feel like quite a few OOS people accept their spot since Mizzou allows OOSers to get IS state tuition.
 
I was referring to IS but they do over accept for OOS. They still usually dip into the waitlist though. Kathy told me sometimes the OOS waitlist will move 50-60 spots to fill the seats(not necessarily that they take that many off, but that some people remove themselves from the waitlist). Last year they took maybe 5-10 off the OOS waitlist, I’m not 100% sure but I know it wasn’t a ton. I don’t think they over accept by a ton because I feel like quite a few OOS people accept their spot since Mizzou allows OOSers to get IS state tuition.
Thank you very much for the info. Still hanging on
 
Last year, IS acceptances went out March 18, so hopefully by sometime next week! (I’ve also noticed a trend for the past few years that the time between interviews and decisions has shortened so it could be earlier)

Are you waiting to hear as well? OOS emails were sent out 2.5 weeks after their interviews and they have 200 interviews compared to 150 in state interview. So surely IS would hear in the same time frame, right?
 
Does anyone know if mizzou has a dress code for students?
Hopefully someone can answer better but I believe yes. When I was there it was business casual for lecture so everyone wears khakis/navy slacks and a dress shirt or Mizzou shirt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if mizzou sends out rejection letters for waitlisted students when the class gets filled up or how late someone in the past was accepted from waitlist
 
Does anyone know if mizzou sends out rejection letters for waitlisted students when the class gets filled up or how late someone in the past was accepted from waitlist

They don’t send out rejections, you can email throughout the summer to check if there has been any movement. I know that people were accepted in July from the waitlist and even in the week before school started in August.
 
Does anyone know if mizzou sends out rejection letters for waitlisted students when the class gets filled up or how late someone in the past was accepted from waitlist
When I went a toured they told me they will invite people from the waitlist up until the first day of classes if someone drops.
 
anyone else betting on decisions coming out tomorrow? last year they came out on that day at 4p
 
anyone else betting on decisions coming out tomorrow? last year they came out on that day at 4p

That’s what I think too. Kathy told me they were planning on sending them out prior to the 24th. The past couple years they have been on a Wednesday, exactly 2.5 weeks after interviews. That would be tomorrow [emoji51]
 
Ugh I seriously can't wait another week. I'm praying we hear tomorrow.

I don’t think it will be another week. They always say a date further out. She also said prior to March 24. I think it will definitely be this week. The fact that the past 2-3 years they went out on a Wednesday 2.5 weeks after interviews, really makes me think it will be tomorrow.
 
I don’t think it will be another week. They always say a date further out. She also said prior to March 24. I think it will definitely be this week. The fact that the past 2-3 years they went out on a Wednesday 2.5 weeks after interviews, really makes me think it will be tomorrow.
Thanks for being so incredibly helpful and kind on SDN throughout the entire cycle. I really hope you get good news tomorrow.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to interrupt the decision-waiting panic (I hope y'all hear soon!! Fingers crossed for you) but I was wondering if IS applicants know- do vet/graduate students live in on campus housing ever? I've been apartment hunting and the on-campus apartments just look very centrally located so didn't know if anyone had info!!