Mizzou c/o 2025

Started by LaineyLou
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to interrupt the decision-waiting panic (I hope y'all hear soon!! Fingers crossed for you) but I was wondering if IS applicants know- do vet/graduate students live in on campus housing ever? I've been apartment hunting and the on-campus apartments just look very centrally located so didn't know if anyone had info!!
It’s not unheard of but hardly anyone does. The price breakdown and also being in the undergrad environment wouldn’t be optimal. The dorm closest to the vet school also closed 4 years ago. May have opened but I doubt it. There is a vet student housing Facebook page (idk the exact name) that has all the students offering their houses as well as students to suggest landlords or places for you. For the IS ambassador panel they highly recommended not living where undergrads do as the noise can ruin the few hours of sleep you get
 
It’s not unheard of but hardly anyone does. The price breakdown and also being in the undergrad environment wouldn’t be optimal. The dorm closest to the vet school also closed 4 years ago. May have opened but I doubt it. There is a vet student housing Facebook page (idk the exact name) that has all the students offering their houses as well as students to suggest landlords or places for you. For the IS ambassador panel they highly recommended not living where undergrads do as the noise can ruin the few hours of sleep you get
Is the Facebook page the Mizzou CVM Housing page??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the Facebook page the Mizzou CVM Housing page??
that's it! there's also a few more groups they mentioned that we'll probably hear about later. One was a CVM yard sale if you need stuff. And the c/o 2025 page should be coming up in about a month that I'm sure will give more info
 
Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt the decision-waiting panic (I hope y'all hear soon!! Fingers crossed for you) but I was wondering if IS applicants know- do vet/graduate students live in on campus housing ever? I've been apartment hunting and the on-campus apartments just look very centrally located so didn't know if anyone had info!!
There are a few apartment options on Ashland road right near the vet school! It's only like a 5 minute walk from the apartments. There are some more professional-student apartments and some more focused on undergrads that are quite a bit cheaper. Check out Ashwood Apartments! You can also walk to the downtown area. It is more of like a 20-30 minute walk but you can take the bus to the center of campus and get there pretty quick!
 
Congratulations to everyone accepted! I was also accepted OOS🙃 I would love to get to know and chat with other incoming VM1s but Kathy said a Facebook group will be made once the class is closer to being finalized around May 1st! I was thinking of creating a groupme in the meantime for us all to get to know each other but wasn't sure about the idea. Any thoughts/ suggestions?
 
Congratulations to everyone accepted! I was also accepted OOS🙃 I would love to get to know and chat with other incoming VM1s but Kathy said a Facebook group will be made once the class is closer to being finalized around May 1st! I was thinking of creating a groupme in the meantime for us all to get to know each other but wasn't sure about the idea. Any thoughts/ suggestions?
I would like that!! May seems so long to wait to have a page for all of us
 
Congratulations to everyone accepted! I was also accepted OOS🙃 I would love to get to know and chat with other incoming VM1s but Kathy said a Facebook group will be made once the class is closer to being finalized around May 1st! I was thinking of creating a groupme in the meantime for us all to get to know each other but wasn't sure about the idea. Any thoughts/ suggestions?
Also OOS! Visiting Columbia before I make my final choice but I’m 90% sure I’m choosing mizzou!! Would love to meet everyone.
 
Alright!!! I have made an UNOFFICIAL GroupMe for MU CVM c/o 2025! Please only join if you've accepted your seat at the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine for the Class of 2025 already so we can all get to know one another and ask any questions that may be helpful for all of us 🙂 Congratulations to all accepted again and can't wait to meet you all in the Fall! Go Tigers!!🐯

You're invited to join my group "UNOFFICIAL MU CVM c/o 2025" on GroupMe. GroupMe
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else look at the computer requirements? It says our laptop should have a manufacture date no more than two years old. Mine is a 2017, so wondering if I can make it through with that or not! [emoji53]
 
Did anyone else look at the computer requirements? It says our laptop should have a manufacture date no more than two years old. Mine is a 2017, so wondering if I can make it through with that or not! [emoji53]
I noticed that as well, mine is 2018, but I was going to try to make it work. I really don’t want to spend the money to get a new laptop when mine is working great still!
 
I noticed that as well, mine is 2018, but I was going to try to make it work. I really don’t want to spend the money to get a new laptop when mine is working great still!
Hello! Yours is probably fine if you feel like it will last you. The age "requirement" is in hopes that the laptop will last you the full 4 years when you are using it for hours every day. By 2025, yours would be 7-8 years old which will just depend on your laptop. Hope this helps!
 
Thanks, wasn’t at home when mine was sent. Wonder if anyone out there knows how many spots might be available or when they might start sending out invites?
Ms. Kathy Seay and I talked on the phone a little bit yesterday and she said calls are going to start Friday. She told me there are already a handful of people who declined their seats so they have spots to fill for sure.
 
I replied to the email from Kathy Seay about wanting to stay on the waitlist But I haven’t received a confirmation reply. Is that normal?
 
Has anyone received a confirmation that their deposit was approved? I sent mine in Sunday and it says that deposits are subject to approval but aside from the automated confirmation I haven’t received anything from a human😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received a confirmation that their deposit was approved? I sent mine in Sunday and it says that deposits are subject to approval but aside from the automated confirmation I haven’t received anything from a human[emoji28]

I didn’t get anything either, other than the automated confirmation. I emailed Kathy about the deposit and my acceptance forms, because I’m super paranoid about messing something up & not being able to attend in the fall. She said I was good to go! I’m sure you are fine but you could alwaysI email her to double check for your piece of mind [emoji16]
 
I didn’t get anything either, other than the automated confirmation. I emailed Kathy about the deposit and my acceptance forms, because I’m super paranoid about messing something up & not being able to attend in the fall. She said I was good to go! I’m sure you are fine but you could alwaysI email her to double check for your piece of mind [emoji16]
I got a reply when I sent my forms in that said I was good but my deposit was pulled from my account today so I guess that means it was approved🤷‍♀️
 
I got a reply when I sent my forms in that said I was good but my deposit was pulled from my account today so I guess that means it was approved[emoji2368]

What!!? I didn’t get one. Can you post a screenshot of the email about your forms?
 
What!!? I didn’t get one. Can you post a screenshot of the email about your forms?
Maybe she only replied bc in my original email I sent the forms and said “please let me know if there is anything else I need to do”
 

Attachments

  • 26AFA435-3AD1-445C-B438-647A0ECFFBB4.png
    26AFA435-3AD1-445C-B438-647A0ECFFBB4.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 191
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will we be recieving something about housing for fall and where we should live or other students who need roommates
Hello! There is a Facebook page called "Mizzou CVM Housing" that you can join. That is a central source for people to find roommates in the program. There is no on campus housing specifically for Vet students, so there will most likely not be anything official from the college. I hope this helps!
 
Will we be recieving something about housing for fall and where we should live or other students who need roommates
I am not sure if they have on campus housing for vet students but I do know that you can request to join the "Mizzou CVM Housing" group on Facebook if you are inquiring about housing or finding roommates. People post vacancies on there and students who need housing also post on there 🙂