This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lebanesepharmacist

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that to apply for pharmacy state licensure by examination (NAPLEX/MPJE), you need a specific state identity card and not only american passport proof in order to give you an authorization to test? If that's the case how do out of state, or even out of country people apply? I know Texas state board needs an identity card, and if you don't have one it needs 30 days for them to do you one or so (Not sure about that, if someone knows about the process please clarify). I can't wait an extra 30 days for NAPLEX ATT, i'm already graduating late (Mid june) and start my residency end june beg july. Any insights would help. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The ID requirements are set by NABP and not by each state specifically. Look at the test guide for the NAPLEX and MPJE. Your passport should be fine, but double check the test guide.

So you don't need a specific state ID/Driver's license to be able to test in that state?
Also, you need to apply to the state before they send NABP the ATT. And each state requires an ID/passport this is why i'm asking if all need a state ID. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
No, the NABP sets the requirements. A state approved ID is one of the options.
The two forms of ID are
  • US/Canadian passport
  • US/Canadian driver’s license
  • US state/Canadian province ID
  • US/Canadian temporary driver’s license
  • US learner’s permit
  • US military ID
  • Canadian military ID
  • US passport card
  • Valid debit/credit/ATM cards
You have to have two and your name has to match your application. Look at the instructions for the state BOP for what is the process for getting to your ATT.

No, the NABP sets the requirements. A state approved ID is one of the options.
The two forms of ID are
  • US/Canadian passport
  • US/Canadian driver’s license
  • US state/Canadian province ID
  • US/Canadian temporary driver’s license
  • US learner’s permit
  • US military ID
  • Canadian military ID
  • US passport card
  • Valid debit/credit/ATM cards
You have to have two and your name has to match your application. Look at the instructions for the state BOP for what is the process for getting to your ATT.

I’m a little confused on whether we only look at the requirements of NABP, or each state’s requirements too, since it’s the state that decides on whether giving ATT. In the NABP NAPLEX bulletin it says that we have to check if we’re eligible to a specific states by having the specific documents required. Is it only through NABP that you get ATT or is it also through the state? Please correct me if i’m wrong!

You need two government issued IDs. The list KidPharmD posted is the acceptable ID list. I used my US passport and Drivers License. Drivers license isn’t for either of the states I’m licensed in. Any government issued ID in that list above will fly.

NABP requirements are what you’re working off of.

You need two government issued IDs. The list KidPharmD posted is the acceptable ID list. I used my US passport and Drivers License. Drivers license isn’t for either of the states I’m licensed in. Any government issued ID in that list above will fly.

NABP requirements are what you’re working off of.

What can i do if I only have a US passport but no other ID form? Since I wasn’t raised in the US. I’m in texas for the next month, is there a way I can do something about it while I’m here? Thanks alot!

I suppose the quickest and easiest way to be compliant with the list is to get a debit/credit card and make sure your name is identical on that card. Also make sure the signature in the back matches the one on your passport.

Reactions: 1 user
I suppose the quickest and easiest way to be compliant with the list is to get a debit/credit card and make sure your name is identical on that card. Also make sure the signature in the back matches the one on your passport.

Yes, that's what I thought, I already have a chase card valid till 2021 which is good, and I'll also go to the DMV to get an ID card if they can generate me one in less than 3 weeks. Thanks alot for helping :)