New Jersey Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Does anyone know if NJMS emails you when you're complete (sans MCAT)? I added NJMS to my verified AMCAS 9/15, sent my letter packet and secondary 9/26 and haven't heard anything about either being received. I'm still waiting for my MCAT scores so it's not crucial, but it'd be nice to check off being complete at another school.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. Does anyone know if NJMS emails you when you're complete (sans MCAT)? I added NJMS to my verified AMCAS 9/15, sent my letter packet and secondary 9/26 and haven't heard anything about either being received. I'm still waiting for my MCAT scores so it's not crucial, but it'd be nice to check off being complete at another school.

Thanks!

I don't think they do send completes (at least I didn't get one). After I submitted everything, the next thing I heard was an interview invite via email. They will send random NJMS news emails that get my heart pounding every time I see NJMS in the subject line though!

I don't think they do send completes (at least I didn't get one). After I submitted everything, the next thing I heard was an interview invite via email. They will send random NJMS news emails that get my heart pounding every time I see NJMS in the subject line though!

Yep, no complete e-mail and plenty of heart stopping news e-mail. If you want to check up on your LOR's etc. you can call them. They are very nice about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
So... I just had my interview this morning with RWJ MS at their hospital location. It was pretty relaxed...
I have an interview at NJMS next week so I wonder how that compares.

I submitted both of these secondaries in July, but found out that my school advisor didn't finish writing my committee letter til early august :( :( :( sucks......

so basically, i had a completed application around mid-august, received phone call from njms and email from rwj within 4 days of each other around 9/15-9/20ish i think

it's all on mdapplicants.com which i recommend to everyone if you haven't been using it.

RWJ said they'll tell you within 2-3 weeks whether or not you're in by PHONE call. THey said it's usually a Thursday evening. I have no idea about NJMS or how long it takes?

So... I just had my interview this morning with RWJ MS at their hospital location. It was pretty relaxed...
I have an interview at NJMS next week so I wonder how that compares.

I submitted both of these secondaries in July, but found out that my school advisor didn't finish writing my committee letter til early august :( :( :( sucks......

so basically, i had a completed application around mid-august, received phone call from njms and email from rwj within 4 days of each other around 9/15-9/20ish i think

it's all on mdapplicants.com which i recommend to everyone if you haven't been using it.

RWJ said they'll tell you within 2-3 weeks whether or not you're in by PHONE call. THey said it's usually a Thursday evening. I have no idea about NJMS or how long it takes?

Congrats on the interviews, and thanks for the info about the RWJ notification...

What did you think of RWJ? When I interviewed, I didn't get to see the hospital, just the school, so I'd be curious any impressions or thoughts you had of the hospitals there.

those things are so annoying... and i put them right into the trash. i almost deleted an interview invite by accident. it seems really cruel to make the notification date 10/15... a sunday? i'm SURE dr. t will be making calls on a day off :rolleyes:

those things are so annoying... and i put them right into the trash. i almost deleted an interview invite by accident. it seems really cruel to make the notification date 10/15... a sunday? i'm SURE dr. t will be making calls on a day off :rolleyes:
He might, I believe I read somewhere on here that the NJMS dean calls people on Christmas.

That's a great gift!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd keel over and die if I got that call on Christmas morning (though hopefully I'll hear from them sooner than that, since I interviewed there last week!).

....3 weeks on a thursday wouldve been yesterday night for me (waiting on RWJ).

i really hope i'm not getting rejected. this is my #1 school! :(

Hello folks,

I received an interview from RWJMS this Monday. It seems that they REALLY like to interview on tuesdays and thursdays, which sucks...ill miss a lot of class b/c of this since I go to school in virginia.

In case you are wondering, my application was complete there on 8/29, my MCAT is 31P, GPA: 3.82, BCPM: 4.0 and I am an NJ resident.

Wish me luck at the interview and good luck to all of you in receiving invites!

Hello folks,

I received an interview from RWJMS this Monday. It seems that they REALLY like to interview on tuesdays and thursdays, which sucks...ill miss a lot of class b/c of this since I go to school in virginia.

In case you are wondering, my application was complete there on 8/29, my MCAT is 31P, GPA: 3.82, BCPM: 4.0 and I am an NJ resident.

Wish me luck at the interview and good luck to all of you in receiving invites!

actually their fave days are tuesdays and fridays, so maybe a friday would work for u...

Members don't see this ad :)
Still no interview from RWJ! Everything was in by the end of august, 3.75 BCMP, 34R MCAT, NJ resident. I even attended their open house last year and really like the school, urrgh!

Still no interview from RWJ! Everything was in by the end of august, 3.75 BCMP, 34R MCAT, NJ resident. I even attended their open house last year and really like the school, urrgh!

yep, I have came to the conclusion that RWJ hates me :( .

So... I was asked about what I thought of the hospital at RWJ. I saw their medical school when i went to some open house thing back in June. As for their hospital, it's really nice. REALLY nice! THey are building a lot of new buildings, and have a lot of new buildings. The Bristol Meyer's Children's hospital is super cool and nice and colorful. I got a very positive impression of their hospital facilities.

Also, I've been hearing a lot of things about how NJMS's atmosphere is very nice. For me, I thought that RWJ's atmosphere was nice too. The tour guides were really friendly and they made it seem like they REALLY wanted you to attend their school..

On the day of my interview last Friday, I was really surprised by the school's people there were coming from. It seemed like on that day, RWJ decided to have everyone from Princeton, UPenn, Duke, Darthmouth, etc....
Coming from Carnegie Mellon, I felt inadequate :p

I hope I get in!

Oh yea, my scores weren't that great and I got an interview... so be hopeful for the rest of you.
Specifically:
BCPM: 3.44, Overall GPA, 3.51 (when they received my amcas that is), 31Q, NJ resident.

I'm an engineering major which explains the lower BCPM and GPA though.
Does anyone know if med schools excuse lower GPAs for non-science majors?

does anyone know if they leave messages when they call? I have a sneaking suspicion I won't be able to pick up and I really would hate to have to wait until the next round of phone calls to find out. eeps.

They'll definitely send you snail mail with all of the information regarding acceptance.
I have no idea about leaving messages though...

does anyone know if they leave messages when they call? I have a sneaking suspicion I won't be able to pick up and I really would hate to have to wait until the next round of phone calls to find out. eeps.

just check if a 973, 732, or 908 number ends up in your caller id. they won't call for bad news :luck:

Is anyone else interviewing at RWJ this Tuesday (October 10th)?

Hey guys - -
Just wondering if anyone has any idea if NJMS and RWJ are really going to be giving decisions on the 16th and how early of an interview you had to have there in order to be notified then?
I am only asking because when I interviewed at NJMS on 9/11 they told me I would have to wait 4-6 weeks AFTER 10/16 to find out the decision. And I was like wtf?
At RWJ on 9/29 they said that they try to make decisions within 2 weeks of the interview. Which made more sense to me.
But still I want to hear something already!!! Anyone have any answers about this??
Thanks!

i really dont know - i interviewed at RWJ on 9/14 and they told me the adcom was meeting the last week in september and that i would hear from them the first week of october...which was last week.

:(

i was at NJMS on 9/29 and they told me the same 4-6 weeks after oct 15th, but the tour guides said it was definetly on the 4 week side for them.

goodness, I've got an interview coming up at njms and I'm excited but nervous! But I see that it was not stressful for most interviewees... hope that's true!!

The ADCOM at RWJMS will meet on October 12th and 19th

Expect a phone call on either date in the evening if you got in

RWJ made it clear that regular acceptances could not be notified until after 10/15. My application was reviewed by the adcom on 9/28 and I've been waiting since then. ;) :scared: :cool: :D

i really dont know - i interviewed at RWJ on 9/14 and they told me the adcom was meeting the last week in september and that i would hear from them the first week of october...which was last week.

:(

i was at NJMS on 9/29 and they told me the same 4-6 weeks after oct 15th, but the tour guides said it was definetly on the 4 week side for them.

So they think we will hear 4 weeks after our interview date? or 4 weeks after october 15th???

how do you know that?

The NJMS people seemed to indicate to my group that we would hear on the 16th or so. I certainyl hope that this is the case. looking back at last years threads some people found out from NJMS on the 15th, so it seems possible.

i want a nj interview :(

Same Here...Can't wait to hear from NJ Schools

I got my acceptance phone call on my cell phone at 10pm on a Sunday night for Early Decision, I'd assume Dr. Heinrich would call on a Sunday for regular applicants too... He personally calls every accepted student...

P.S. - if youre one of those people who don't pick up blocked numbers on your house or cell phones, you will miss the call. He contacted me twice. Both times the call was from an unavailable number.

I got my acceptance phone call on my cell phone at 10pm on a Sunday night for Early Decision, I'd assume Dr. Heinrich would call on a Sunday for regular applicants too... He personally calls every accepted student...

P.S. - if youre one of those people who don't pick up blocked numbers on your house or cell phones, you will miss the call. He contacted me twice. Both times the call was from an unavailable number.

and what happens if you miss the call? not like you'll be rejected, right? when Dr. Sanford from UConn called for my interview, i couldn't get to the phone fast enough, but he just left a message.

Called RWJ today to check my status. Everything was in early semptember and still no interview invite. I guess it's not looking so good for me :(

On the bright side, I have an interview at NJMS next Tuesday, yay NJ! Anybody else hear rumors about them merging the two schools?

I don't think early sept. submission is early enough for you to definitely have an interview by now, so don't despair.

I've got an interview at NJMS this friday... wish me luck! Does anyone know how long it takes them to tell you if u're rejected/accepted for non early-decision applicants?

I've got an interview at NJMS this friday... wish me luck! Does anyone know how long it takes them to tell you if u're rejected/accepted for non early-decision applicants?

Good :luck:

The NJMS people seemed to indicate to my group that we would hear on the 16th or so. I certainyl hope that this is the case. looking back at last years threads some people found out from NJMS on the 15th, so it seems possible.

Yea, I was under the impression that the earliest date we would find out was Oct 15th OR 4-6 weeks after the interview. Oh well, more to freak out about if I dont hear anything on the 15th....

who did you hear that from?

*sunny* said:
RWJ made it clear that regular acceptances could not be notified until after 10/15. My application was reviewed by the adcom on 9/28 and I've been waiting since then.

how do you know your application was reviewed then?

i am so super nervous with all this waiting! :scared:

Yea, I was under the impression that the earliest date we would find out was Oct 15th OR 4-6 weeks after the interview. Oh well, more to freak out about if I dont hear anything on the 15th....

Agreed. I don't think any of us regular decision candidates are going to hear anything before Oct. 15.

who did you hear that from?

how do you know your application was reviewed then?

i am so super nervous with all this waiting! :scared:

Hi,
When I went for my interview the admissions office lady told me (on two different occasions) that the adcom meetings are on Thursdays. I found out on a Thursday as well. In MSAR and from the same lady, RWJ doesn't tell regular applicants until Oct. 15th. Hope this helps.

I had my RWJ interview today, and I think it went fairly well. Some more thoughts on the admissions process from today:

They said they're going to try and inform applicants of their decision about 3 weeks after the interview. I can also confirm that the adcom meets this month on the 12th and 19th (I asked when they were meeting this month :laugh: ). She said they normally meet the first and third Thursday of each month, though sometimes it varies. She also said that the associate dean generally tries to call people with acceptances that same evening after the committee meets.

Hope this helps!

you guys are awesome...i'd go crazy waiting otherwise :laugh:

guess i will cross my fingers for this thursday! :)

i went to my njms interview today and they said i'll hear something within 4-6 weeks.

you guys are awesome...i'd go crazy waiting otherwise :laugh:

guess i will cross my fingers for this thursday! :)
I wouldn't cross your fingers for this Thursday, since it's before the day when schools are allowed to tell applicants. But feel free to cross them for next Thursday.

I applied ED for NJMS...and I did not get in....i had and interview, and i was wondering if anyone one knew how good my chances are...if you applied ED and had an interview, do you think your chances of being accepted during the regular admissions is greater???....NJMS is my first choice so I really hope I get accepted...

I applied ED for NJMS...and I did not get in....i had and interview, and i was wondering if anyone one knew how good my chances are...if you applied ED and had an interview, do you think your chances of being accepted during the regular admissions is greater???....NJMS is my first choice so I really hope I get accepted...

Hi FutureDoc, sorry to hear about NJMS... I don't know much about the early decision program. But since you did apply there ED, they must know that you love their school. So maybe with equivalent stats to someone else in the regular decision process they'd pick you knowing that they are your top choice. I don't really know anything about EDP, just trying to be optimistic... Keep the hope alive!

Hi FutureDoc, sorry to hear about NJMS... I don't know much about the early decision program. But since you did apply there ED, they must know that you love their school. So maybe with equivalent stats to someone else in the regular decision process they'd pick you knowing that they are your top choice. I don't really know anything about EDP, just trying to be optimistic... Keep the hope alive!

I would call NJMS and request a meeting with the Dean of Admissions. I would ask about the status of your application, what you can do to improve it between now and when they will be voting on it, and if you have a chance in the regular applicant pool. Look professional, hold it together (try not to break down and beg or cry). In my experience meeting with the admissions people really helps gives you insight into what they really think about your application. Hope this helps.

Thankss....i've been in contact with Dr. H for sometime....and I also met with him after I wasn't accepted EDP....he told me to write a letter updating him on what I have been doing and I sent it in near the end of Sept.....they will probably review my application again in Oct....so all I can do is just wait...I really want to find out early...its rolling admissions there so the earlier the better

Thankss....i've been in contact with Dr. H for sometime....and I also met with him after I wasn't accepted EDP....he told me to write a letter updating him on what I have been doing and I sent it in near the end of Sept.....they will probably review my application again in Oct....so all I can do is just wait...I really want to find out early...its rolling admissions there so the earlier the better

Good Luck with everything...keep us updated!

anyone know if you can call rwj and tell them you've got an interview in the area and you'd like to know if they could interview you around then (even if they haven't sent you an interview invite yet?)

Status
Not open for further replies.