2022-2023 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are people writing new update letters? I’m kind of tempted to just respond and say that my most recent update is on the portal

Members don't see this ad.

Are people writing new update letters? I’m kind of tempted to just respond and say that my most recent update is on the portal
I got the email, and this is what I did. I just attached the letter to the email. Felt kinda pointless to write another update letter when I just wrote one two weeks ago.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
H, could you elaborate on these good things lol
18 month pre-clinical curriculum, distinction tracks, many graduate medical education programs at the center, opportunity for multiple dual degrees. Sounds like overall students are happy there and it’s a reasonable area.

Reactions: 1 user
Should we have gotten some response acknowledging that we submitted an update letter? I didn't, but I wasn't sure if that's cause for concern or if I'm just being neurotic lol

Should we have gotten some response acknowledging that we submitted an update letter? I didn't, but I wasn't sure if that's cause for concern or if I'm just being neurotic lol
I never got an official confirmation but the Dean told me in a separate follow up that they got it!

I have a bit of a dilemma. I’ve gotten accepted into another school, which I’m really grateful for ofc. I’d much rather go to njms, primarily for cost reasons, but the school I’m accepted into requires that students commit to enroll by June 1st. Im on the priority alternate list and got that email yday about “strong” applicants on the priority AL, and I sent them a LOI. From what I’ve seen, njms has AL movement in June more often than May. Do you think it’d be okay to email them later in the month and let them know I have a deadline and would want a final decision or something? Or should I just not hold out hope and let them handle it?

I have a bit of a dilemma. I’ve gotten accepted into another school, which I’m really grateful for ofc. I’d much rather go to njms, primarily for cost reasons, but the school I’m accepted into requires that students commit to enroll by June 1st. Im on the priority alternate list and got that email yday about “strong” applicants on the priority AL, and I sent them a LOI. From what I’ve seen, njms has AL movement in June more often than May. Do you think it’d be okay to email them later in the month and let them know I have a deadline and would want a final decision or something? Or should I just not hold out hope and let them handle it?
Definitely email them with a letter of intent and the info about your CTE date at the other school.

• Care
Maybe I'm being too lax but I checked on the portal to confirm it was updated and was at peace with it lol. I think the wait is making me neurotic and weirdly calm lmao

wait did they just send u the LOI email yesterday or did you get it last week? I’m so confused what are they doing 😭 I feel like we’re never going to hear back

Members don't see this ad :)
wait did they just send u the LOI email yesterday or did you get it last week? I’m so confused what are they doing 😭 I feel like we’re never going to hear back
It sounds like there were two update request emails sent out, one for people who didn't hear back (mine came in last week) and another recently went out to strong applicants on the priority AL. Curious to know if the recent email also mentioned the "decision in a week" or it was only on the email for people who hadn't heard back

I’ll take a wild guess and assume your talking about HMSOM, I genuinely feel like they put their CTE early so that students don’t drop for other schools, also if it’s for financial reasons they do send revised financial aid info and there’s a good chance you’ll get a scholarship if your stats are even average.

Reactions: 1 users
It sounds like there were two update request emails sent out, one for people who didn't hear back (mine came in last week) and another recently went out to strong applicants on the priority AL. Curious to know if the recent email also mentioned the "decision in a week" or it was only on the email for people who hadn't heard back
if we don’t hear today I’m going to looooose my mind

• Care
I’ll take a wild guess and assume your talking about HMSOM, I genuinely feel like they put their CTE early so that students don’t drop for other schools, also if it’s for financial reasons they do send revised financial aid info and there’s a good chance you’ll get a scholarship if your stats are even average.
When do they send revised financial aid? In the same boat

the email to the priority alternate list from a few days ago did not say anything about when we would get a decision

Yeah it is HMSOM, I have yet to submit my fafsa but I feel like even after financial aid it won’t be as cost effective as NJMS. I hope they throw a lot of money at me, but I calculated the diff btwn 3 years at HMSOM and 4 years at NJMS - HMSOM is still like 70k more, and that’s only if I decide to do their residency route. I’m pretty average so I doubt they’ll give me that much lol

Yeah it is HMSOM, I have yet to submit my fafsa but I feel like even after financial aid it won’t be as cost effective as NJMS. I hope they throw a lot of money at me, but I calculated the diff btwn 3 years at HMSOM and 4 years at NJMS - HMSOM is still like 70k more, and that’s only if I decide to do their residency route. I’m pretty average so I doubt they’ll give me that much lol
Submit your fafsa asap if you plan on going to any medical school, trust me they throw money and they have for the past couple years since they opened, by average I mean what their average matriculant stats look like ~514 someone just got off the waitlist and they gave him 45k

I have a missed call from about half an hour ago from "no caller ID" and almost had a heart attack before realizing there's no voicemail so it's just spam :(

I have a missed call from about half an hour ago from "no caller ID" and almost had a heart attack before realizing there's no voicemail so it's just spam :(
noooooo maybe they’ll call you again!!! ive heard of adcoms calling twice before leaving voicemails or not leaving a voicemail at all!

• Love
Does anyone by any chance know if exams here are more boards or lecture based?

this was me today picking up a spam call with elevated heart rate

so 2 weeks since they said I’d have a decision “in about a week”…..how many times is too many to ask them when I’m finally going to know bc I have >2 weeks to sign a lease lol

curious if any waitlist movement has happened yet - seems like its historically later for NJMS, but have there been any additions in the groupme?

edit: or any acceptances for the people who haven't heard back yet (crazy long wait for you guys)

So I guess it’s safe to assume that if we were placed on the regular AL, it’s basically a soft R? Or do you guys think any sort of update letter/LOI would help at all at this point, Or is it too far gone ?

So I guess it’s safe to assume that if we were placed on the regular AL, it’s basically a soft R? Or do you guys think any sort of update letter/LOI would help at all at this point, Or is it too far gone ?
I'm not sure if it would help, but I think you could since there's nothing to lose by sending in an update letter/LOI.

JUST GOT THE CALL AN HOUR OR SO AGO! I was not on the waitlist, had received the email two weeks ago saying that I would get a decision in about a week. Dr Heinrich did state that my letter of intent sealed the deal. Good luck to everyone!! Happy to answer any questions!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations!!
I guess this means the call really could come on any day/at any time - not just evenings on Sunday through Wednesday
Fingers crossed there will also be some waitlist movement soon!

JUST GOT THE CALL AN HOUR OR SO AGO! I was not on the waitlist, had received the email two weeks ago saying that I would get a decision in about a week. Dr Heinrich did state that my letter of intent sealed the deal. Good luck to everyone!! Happy to answer any questions!

Congrats!!! When did you interview, if you don’t mind me asking

Anyone else get an email from the deans about how you selected that you planned to enroll somewhere else?

I didn't get this - what does the email say?
It basically said “we were informed that you planned to enroll at another school, please let us know if you’re still interested in njms or if you’d like to withdraw your application”

oh interesting - thank you for the response!
seems almost redundant since they asked for updates and letters of interest/intent two weeks ago

Anyone still waiting for a pre-II rejection lol? Just pissed of out of principle that I spent time and money on them and they don’t have the decency to send me a rejection

I got the A after May 1, so obviously couldn't PTE by then. Does anyone know how long I have to PTE?
Ask admissions, it should be at least 5 business days by aamc rules but some school’s give longer