You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Rutgers, New Jersey
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mrcoffee4life
Full Member
What did the email say? I'm still waiting on a decision...
sillygoose59
Full Member
I got the email, and this is what I did. I just attached the letter to the email. Felt kinda pointless to write another update letter when I just wrote one two weeks ago.Are people writing new update letters? I’m kind of tempted to just respond and say that my most recent update is on the portal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
H, could you elaborate on these good things lolYou’ll be fine. I have heard very good things about this school. Just get in!
18 month pre-clinical curriculum, distinction tracks, many graduate medical education programs at the center, opportunity for multiple dual degrees. Sounds like overall students are happy there and it’s a reasonable area.H, could you elaborate on these good things lol
axolotylturtle
New Member
On the same boat. Hopefully this means we have a chanceI did not get that email but still haven’t heard anything since sending the update they requested 😵💫



D
deleted1117304
it’s been a week since they said “we expect to give you a decision in about a week” so fingers crossed very tightly for us!On the same boat. Hopefully this means we have a chance![]()
D
deleted1117304
I never got an official confirmation but the Dean told me in a separate follow up that they got it!Should we have gotten some response acknowledging that we submitted an update letter? I didn't, but I wasn't sure if that's cause for concern or if I'm just being neurotic lol
sillygoose59
Full Member
I have a bit of a dilemma. I’ve gotten accepted into another school, which I’m really grateful for ofc. I’d much rather go to njms, primarily for cost reasons, but the school I’m accepted into requires that students commit to enroll by June 1st. Im on the priority alternate list and got that email yday about “strong” applicants on the priority AL, and I sent them a LOI. From what I’ve seen, njms has AL movement in June more often than May. Do you think it’d be okay to email them later in the month and let them know I have a deadline and would want a final decision or something? Or should I just not hold out hope and let them handle it?
Definitely email them with a letter of intent and the info about your CTE date at the other school.I have a bit of a dilemma. I’ve gotten accepted into another school, which I’m really grateful for ofc. I’d much rather go to njms, primarily for cost reasons, but the school I’m accepted into requires that students commit to enroll by June 1st. Im on the priority alternate list and got that email yday about “strong” applicants on the priority AL, and I sent them a LOI. From what I’ve seen, njms has AL movement in June more often than May. Do you think it’d be okay to email them later in the month and let them know I have a deadline and would want a final decision or something? Or should I just not hold out hope and let them handle it?
axolotylturtle
New Member
Maybe I'm being too lax but I checked on the portal to confirm it was updated and was at peace with it lol. I think the wait is making me neurotic and weirdly calm lmaoShould we have gotten some response acknowledging that we submitted an update letter? I didn't, but I wasn't sure if that's cause for concern or if I'm just being neurotic lol
D
deleted1117304
wait did they just send u the LOI email yesterday or did you get it last week? I’m so confused what are they doing 😭 I feel like we’re never going to hear backI have a bit of a dilemma. I’ve gotten accepted into another school, which I’m really grateful for ofc. I’d much rather go to njms, primarily for cost reasons, but the school I’m accepted into requires that students commit to enroll by June 1st. Im on the priority alternate list and got that email yday about “strong” applicants on the priority AL, and I sent them a LOI. From what I’ve seen, njms has AL movement in June more often than May. Do you think it’d be okay to email them later in the month and let them know I have a deadline and would want a final decision or something? Or should I just not hold out hope and let them handle it?
axolotylturtle
New Member
It sounds like there were two update request emails sent out, one for people who didn't hear back (mine came in last week) and another recently went out to strong applicants on the priority AL. Curious to know if the recent email also mentioned the "decision in a week" or it was only on the email for people who hadn't heard backwait did they just send u the LOI email yesterday or did you get it last week? I’m so confused what are they doing 😭 I feel like we’re never going to hear back
I’ll take a wild guess and assume your talking about HMSOM, I genuinely feel like they put their CTE early so that students don’t drop for other schools, also if it’s for financial reasons they do send revised financial aid info and there’s a good chance you’ll get a scholarship if your stats are even average.I have a bit of a dilemma. I’ve gotten accepted into another school, which I’m really grateful for ofc. I’d much rather go to njms, primarily for cost reasons, but the school I’m accepted into requires that students commit to enroll by June 1st. Im on the priority alternate list and got that email yday about “strong” applicants on the priority AL, and I sent them a LOI. From what I’ve seen, njms has AL movement in June more often than May. Do you think it’d be okay to email them later in the month and let them know I have a deadline and would want a final decision or something? Or should I just not hold out hope and let them handle it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1117304
if we don’t hear today I’m going to looooose my mindIt sounds like there were two update request emails sent out, one for people who didn't hear back (mine came in last week) and another recently went out to strong applicants on the priority AL. Curious to know if the recent email also mentioned the "decision in a week" or it was only on the email for people who hadn't heard back
D
deleted1130343
When do they send revised financial aid? In the same boatI’ll take a wild guess and assume your talking about HMSOM, I genuinely feel like they put their CTE early so that students don’t drop for other schools, also if it’s for financial reasons they do send revised financial aid info and there’s a good chance you’ll get a scholarship if your stats are even average.
the email to the priority alternate list from a few days ago did not say anything about when we would get a decisionIt sounds like there were two update request emails sent out, one for people who didn't hear back (mine came in last week) and another recently went out to strong applicants on the priority AL. Curious to know if the recent email also mentioned the "decision in a week" or it was only on the email for people who hadn't heard back
axolotylturtle
New Member
be right there with you haha. please Rutgers, I need closureif we don’t hear today I’m going to looooose my mind
sillygoose59
Full Member
Yeah it is HMSOM, I have yet to submit my fafsa but I feel like even after financial aid it won’t be as cost effective as NJMS. I hope they throw a lot of money at me, but I calculated the diff btwn 3 years at HMSOM and 4 years at NJMS - HMSOM is still like 70k more, and that’s only if I decide to do their residency route. I’m pretty average so I doubt they’ll give me that much lolI’ll take a wild guess and assume your talking about HMSOM, I genuinely feel like they put their CTE early so that students don’t drop for other schools, also if it’s for financial reasons they do send revised financial aid info and there’s a good chance you’ll get a scholarship if your stats are even average.
I got one today, I originally had it with just loans this time they gave me a scholarship.When do they send revised financial aid? In the same boat
Submit your fafsa asap if you plan on going to any medical school, trust me they throw money and they have for the past couple years since they opened, by average I mean what their average matriculant stats look like ~514 someone just got off the waitlist and they gave him 45kYeah it is HMSOM, I have yet to submit my fafsa but I feel like even after financial aid it won’t be as cost effective as NJMS. I hope they throw a lot of money at me, but I calculated the diff btwn 3 years at HMSOM and 4 years at NJMS - HMSOM is still like 70k more, and that’s only if I decide to do their residency route. I’m pretty average so I doubt they’ll give me that much lol
D
deleted1117304
noooooo maybe they’ll call you again!!! ive heard of adcoms calling twice before leaving voicemails or not leaving a voicemail at all!I have a missed call from about half an hour ago from "no caller ID" and almost had a heart attack before realizing there's no voicemail so it's just spam 🙁
Pre-II rejected.
abcde1234567890
New Member
Does anyone by any chance know if exams here are more boards or lecture based?
axolotylturtle
New Member
this was me today picking up a spam call with elevated heart rateI have a missed call from about half an hour ago from "no caller ID" and almost had a heart attack before realizing there's no voicemail so it's just spam 🙁
doctordoodlebob
Full Member
this was me today picking up a spam call with elevated heart rate
don’t u mean tachycardic (i’ll shuddup)
D
deleted1117304
so 2 weeks since they said I’d have a decision “in about a week”…..how many times is too many to ask them when I’m finally going to know bc I have >2 weeks to sign a lease lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
axolotylturtle
New Member
Got the call about an hour ago!!! AHHHHHHHHH
bleach_stained_574s
Full Member
So I guess it’s safe to assume that if we were placed on the regular AL, it’s basically a soft R? Or do you guys think any sort of update letter/LOI would help at all at this point, Or is it too far gone ?
I'm not sure if it would help, but I think you could since there's nothing to lose by sending in an update letter/LOI.So I guess it’s safe to assume that if we were placed on the regular AL, it’s basically a soft R? Or do you guys think any sort of update letter/LOI would help at all at this point, Or is it too far gone ?
Congrats! Were you waiting for a post-II decision or did you get pulled from the PAL?Got the call about an hour ago!!! AHHHHHHHHH
bleach_stained_574s
Full Member
JUST GOT THE CALL AN HOUR OR SO AGO! I was not on the waitlist, had received the email two weeks ago saying that I would get a decision in about a week. Dr Heinrich did state that my letter of intent sealed the deal. Good luck to everyone!! Happy to answer any questions!
Congrats!!! When did you interview, if you don’t mind me asking
axolotylturtle
New Member
I was waiting for a post II decision. Received the email asking for updates from "strong candidates"Congrats! Were you waiting for a post-II decision or did you get pulled from the PAL?
Thank you!! I interviewed mid December! I sent an update letter around February and a letter of intent two weeks ago.Congrats!!! When did you interview, if you don’t mind me asking
Mrcoffee4life
Full Member
Are there any current students at NJMS on this forum? Please pm me
sillygoose59
Full Member
Anyone else get an email from the deans about how you selected that you planned to enroll somewhere else?
D
deleted1130343
YupAnyone else get an email from the deans about how you selected that you planned to enroll somewhere else?
I didn't get this - what does the email say?Anyone else get an email from the deans about how you selected that you planned to enroll somewhere else?
sillygoose59
Full Member
It basically said “we were informed that you planned to enroll at another school, please let us know if you’re still interested in njms or if you’d like to withdraw your application”I didn't get this - what does the email say?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone still waiting for a pre-II rejection lol? Just pissed of out of principle that I spent time and money on them and they don’t have the decency to send me a rejection
Mrcoffee4life
Full Member
Does anyone know when is the deadline to PTE?
Do you mean the CTE deadline? I thought the PTE deadline was May 1st.Does anyone know when is the deadline to PTE?
Mrcoffee4life
Full Member
I got the A after May 1, so obviously couldn't PTE by then. Does anyone know how long I have to PTE?Do you mean the CTE deadline? I thought the PTE deadline was May 1st.
D
deleted1130343
Ask admissions, it should be at least 5 business days by aamc rules but some school’s give longerI got the A after May 1, so obviously couldn't PTE by then. Does anyone know how long I have to PTE?