You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Rutgers (New Jersey)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Meaning not the typical faculty + student?people had two interviews?
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
has anyone gotten priority or high prioriry waitlist yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really hope some more calls go out soon! It’s been almost 21 weeks since my faculty interview and have not heard anything! Ready to just get a decision either way
+1 14 weeks out 😔Really hope some more calls go out soon! It’s been almost 21 weeks since my faculty interview and have not heard anything! Ready to just get a decision either way
They’re so behind!!!! Been waiting since the 10/18 faculty interview
I don't think that's necessarily the case as I had a friend interview in Sept and get an acceptance in Jan, they must be just behind+1. Probably means waitlist…..
aslkjvnsif
Full Member
How do you know the amount taken for ED and BSMD was more than normal?My guess is that their class is close to full due to the huge amount taken through ED and BSMD and they have to wait for people to withdraw acceptances before they are able to extend more
at that pt whats the point of RD if you are just gonna take everyone off of EDMy guess is that their class is close to full due to the huge amount taken through ED and BSMD and they have to wait for people to withdraw acceptances before they are able to extend more
Idonthavethetime
Full Member
One of my friends who was accepted earlier this cycle also told me this....🙁How do you know the amount taken for ED and BSMD was more than normal?
here is the link for the group me that someone had sent in this thread earlier: GroupMeMy guess is that their class is close to full due to the huge amount taken through ED and BSMD and they have to wait for people to withdraw acceptances before they are able to extend more
It has 118 people and considering there are probably many others who don't use sdn or didn't see this link and have been accepted, it is very likely that their class size is full like you mentioned. I am afraid those of us who are still waiting post-II are fighting for WL spots 😔
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
Don’t lose hope!! Based on last year’s data from AAMC they had 174 matriculants which means there are still 56-ish spots. I’ve heard based on conversations I’ve had with deans there that as they have less spots it gets harder for them to choose who to accept so that also could be why it’s slowing down. I interviewed with faculty at the end of December and had my dean’s session the 24th and I honestly didn’t get the vibe we were just there for WL spots. Here’s the link to the AAMC data if you’re interested too! https://www.aamc.org/media/5976/download?attachmenthere is the link for the group me that someone had sent in this thread earlier: GroupMe
It has 118 people and considering there are probably many others who don't use sdn or didn't see this link and have been accepted, it is very likely that their class size is full like you mentioned. I am afraid those of us who are still waiting post-II are fighting for WL spots 😔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed in October and haven’t heard anything back either.When do people usually hear back? I interviewed mid december and it's been radio silence since 🙁
I emailed a few weeks ago and was told decisions would be made soon but yk
aslkjvnsif
Full Member
For everyone who has interviewed?I think they’re doing the last few reviews this upcoming week. Got an email from Heinrich saying they’re reviewing my app and if I have any updates to send them. Interviewed in August and then had second interview in October
Interesting, I interviewed in October and November but received no email from Heinrich
I had faculty interview and student interview in September and I have sent him a couple of updates since then without him asking. Would be great if some decisions came out soon!
Priority Alt list just now, II 10/4
+1Priority Alt list just now, II 10/4
Just got priority alternate list after interviewing in September.
Anyone from Dec interview hear anything?
masimomachine
Full Member
Anyone from early November interview hear anything?
Priority Alternate List, interviewed in early September.
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
Regular alternate list just now, interviewed mid December 🙁 anyone know how likely it is to get in off of regular vs priority?
same. its rare, i think basically an R
D
deleted1005927
Are there people who didn't hear back about an alternate list?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed in October and havent heard anything back todayAre there people who didn't hear back about an alternate list?
Did anyone receive a call today? Or are they just sending out WL emails? Didn’t receive any word yet
Edit: still nothing
Edit: still nothing
Last edited:
Does anyone know how many people usually get off of the Priority waitlist?
You have a much higher chance than regular alternate list, but they don't take manyDoes anyone know how many people usually get off of the Priority waitlist?
Is the class fill? seems like no As have gone out lately
I feel like all the NJ schools have been sorta quiet on the forums
RWJ had A’s this past FridayI feel like all the NJ schools have been sorta quiet on the forums
aslkjvnsif
Full Member
Priority WL, 1/18 interview
Anyone know how they review post interview apps? Like the order? 12/20 interview haven’t heard anything
Jk just got priority alternate list… is this the same thing as wait list?Anyone know how they review post interview apps? Like the order? 12/20 interview haven’t heard anything
Pre-Med-PCT
Full Member
IS Post II R : ((
Interview was in December and I did my dean’s sessions in January
Interview was in December and I did my dean’s sessions in January
masimomachine
Full Member
Did they just skip over November interviews? 😭
Yup still waiting from an October first interview and November deansDid they just skip over November interviews? 😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Yup still waiting from an October first interview and November deans
Just received an email for Priority Alternate List - dang! So close! Anyone have any intel on what this entails?
Faculty interview was mid-December and student interview was late-January.
IS LM72 ORM!
Faculty interview was mid-December and student interview was late-January.
IS LM72 ORM!
I'm thinking of trying to get more info about the priority waitlist since a lot of people seem to be on it. I wonder if we could find out our rank on the waitlist or if that is not a thing
Last edited:
Username00000001
New Member
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K