2022-2023 Rutgers, New Jersey

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Just got placed on priority alternate list 🙁 interview was 1/28. Is this thing just BS, or do they actually take ppl off of the list?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would also like to hear people's opinions on this one...
My source on this is a current RWJ student, so grains of salt blah blah blah

But my sense is that the culture at RWJ is much better. Being true P/F for clinicals there's apparently much less toxicity and NJM is more cutthroat/tryhard/etc. Both of them have pretty solid match lists so it probably just comes down to culture fit for you if you're deciding between the two.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven’t heard a thing since 1/17 interview. Anyone else? It seems that people are getting decisions that interviewed after this date
 
did they say anything about keeping or taking away the graded preclinicals?
I emailed the dean and asked...he didn't say if they are taking away the graded clinical or not, but he said that the first 6 months of preclinical is pass/fail, but then after that it's honors/high pass/pass/fail. Checking their grading guideline again I think the quintile system might be used in the dean's letter, with "outstanding" being the top 20%, "excellent" for the next 20%, so on and so forth.
 
Any A calls lately? Interviewed 2/2, radio silence. Does anyone know when the latest we'll hear by is?
 
I just called admissions and they said I should hear in the next 2-3 weeks but to email Dean Heinrich to ask for a status update.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tumbleweed GIF
 
I think in my student session I heard this as well
I emailed the dean and asked...he didn't say if they are taking away the graded clinical or not, but he said that the first 6 months of preclinical is pass/fail, but then after that it's honors/high pass/pass/fail. Checking their grading guideline again I think the quintile system might be used in the dean's letter, with "outstanding" being the top 20%, "excellent" for the next 20%, so on and so forth.
Interesting. Does anyone know why they have graded preclinicals instead of P/F? Has anyone heard if they will revise this policy?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad