2022-2023 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the Rutgers SGS email today - looks like I'm gonna be put on the waitlist :(
If its any consolation, I was accepted and still got the email

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got placed on priority alternate list :( interview was 1/28. Is this thing just BS, or do they actually take ppl off of the list?

Last edited:
Just got placed on priority alternate list :( interview was 1/26. Is this thing just BS, or do they actually take ppl off of the list?
Idk for sure, but I'm also on it and I like to think they wouldn't have two alt lists if they didn't take people off of the priority one

Members don't see this ad :)
Priority waitlist, interviewed 1/27. Very so heartbroken. I prepared sm for this and honestly that was the best interview I had this entire cycle. When will the WL's end lol, that's like 5. Feel like there is something wrong w me at this point

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone gotten an interview invite this week?

Received acceptance call earlier this evening! Interviewed on 12/20. In state, ORM, LM 74.4 :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would also like to hear people's opinions on this one...
My source on this is a current RWJ student, so grains of salt blah blah blah

But my sense is that the culture at RWJ is much better. Being true P/F for clinicals there's apparently much less toxicity and NJM is more cutthroat/tryhard/etc. Both of them have pretty solid match lists so it probably just comes down to culture fit for you if you're deciding between the two.

Reactions: 4 users
Haven’t heard a thing since 1/17 interview. Anyone else? It seems that people are getting decisions that interviewed after this date

did they say anything about keeping or taking away the graded preclinicals?
I emailed the dean and asked...he didn't say if they are taking away the graded clinical or not, but he said that the first 6 months of preclinical is pass/fail, but then after that it's honors/high pass/pass/fail. Checking their grading guideline again I think the quintile system might be used in the dean's letter, with "outstanding" being the top 20%, "excellent" for the next 20%, so on and so forth.

Reactions: 1 user
Any A calls lately? Interviewed 2/2, radio silence. Does anyone know when the latest we'll hear by is?

Is it appropriate to ask when we should be hearing back by during the dean/student session? Lol

Is it appropriate to ask when we should be hearing back by during the dean/student session? Lol
I think that’s a normal thing to ask, they might just tell you also. Although my interviewer said I’d hear back by mid February and I’m still waiting.

I just called admissions and they said I should hear in the next 2-3 weeks but to email Dean Heinrich to ask for a status update.

has anyone emailed dr. heinrich and gotten an accurate answer about when they’d heard back?

tumbleweed GIF

Reactions: 3 users
I think in my student session I heard this as well
I emailed the dean and asked...he didn't say if they are taking away the graded clinical or not, but he said that the first 6 months of preclinical is pass/fail, but then after that it's honors/high pass/pass/fail. Checking their grading guideline again I think the quintile system might be used in the dean's letter, with "outstanding" being the top 20%, "excellent" for the next 20%, so on and so forth.
Interesting. Does anyone know why they have graded preclinicals instead of P/F? Has anyone heard if they will revise this policy?

trust me, WL is a whole new level of misery :(
I think no news is almost like good news in the sense that at least you're still being considered for an acceptance

Reactions: 2 users
Does Dean Heinrich only call on the weekends??

Does anyone know what the facebook group size usually is when it's full? Its at 112 rn (Sorry for being neurotic lol)

Does anyone know what the facebook group size usually is when it's full? Its at 112 rn (Sorry for being neurotic lol)
I’d say at least 200-300 based on the old groups on Facebook and last years thread

You think you’re neurotic lol. Today I got a missed called and voicemail and got excited and it was a scammer 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
You think you’re neurotic lol. Today I got a missed called and voicemail and got excited and it was a scammer 🤡
just had a dream I was waitlisted weeks ago and never saw the email so I’m hopping on the neuroticism train with u guys 💀

• Haha