2021-2022 Rutgers, New Jersey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How come NJMS hasn't posted their match list yet and RWJ did on the day of match day?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if you havent gotten an II at this point its safe to assume that its an R, right?

Reactions: 1 user
So if you havent gotten an II at this point its safe to assume that its an R, right?
Well, according to the comment I last replied to, they're telling applicants that they are no longer interviewing.

Has anyone received merit-based aid here? Do they release it when you are admitted or after?

Has anyone who interviewed in 2021 heard back recently? At this point I’m assuming we’re on some sort of waitlist, but it’s confusing not to be notified. The deadline to commit to a school is fast approaching.

Has anyone who interviewed in 2021 heard back recently? At this point I’m assuming we’re on some sort of waitlist, but it’s confusing not to be notified. The deadline to commit to a school is fast approaching.
Actually, it's the deadline to indicate a Plan to Enroll, not commit, but your point is well taken.

Anyone who interviewed anywhere more than a month or so ago deserves the courtesy of a decision by the second week of April.

OTOH, you really have to assume that if you interviewed 3+ months ago and they wanted you that they wouldn't be shy about letting you know, so you should probably plan accordingly.

Actually, it's the deadline to indicate a Plan to Enroll, not commit, but your point is well taken.

Anyone who interviewed anywhere more than a month or so ago deserves the courtesy of a decision by the second week of April.

OTOH, you really have to assume that if you interviewed 3+ months ago and they wanted you that they wouldn't be shy about letting you know, so you should probably plan accordingly.
Yes, I know it’s PTE, not CTE. But my point is that we can’t hold more than 3 As after Friday nor more than 1 A after the Monday three weeks from now. We can hold unlimited WLs, but I assume that is “official” waitlists.

If NJMS waits until next week to notify anyone of an acceptance, they are essentially denying the “minimum of two weeks” that the traffic rules stipulate to permit to students respond to their acceptance offer. And I highly doubt there will be sufficient time to get financial aid package information within that window.

But the rationale for why I’m wondering about my admissions decision is neither here nor there. I was simply asking if any fellow applicants to this school who were in a similar position had heard any new information. It was a mere attempt to gather some pertinent information.

Personally, I don’t appreciate your seemingly relentless recommendation for applicants waiting on decisions to “plan accordingly.” We *are* trying to plan, that’s why we’re inquiring about the remaining unknowns in the cycle. People are trying to make a $400,000 decision, which is not one that ought to be unnecessarily rushed.

Unless you have a personal data point on timing for a post-interview decision from NJMS, I ask that you please do not reply to this comment.

Edit: typos

Last edited:
Yes, I know it’s PTE, not CTE. But my point is that we can’t hold more than 3 As after Friday nor more than 1 A after the Monday three weeks from now. We can hold unlimited WLs, but I assume that is “official” waitlists.

If NJMS waits until next week to notify anyone of an acceptance, they are essentially denying the “minimum of two weeks” that the traffic rules stipulate to permit to students respond to their acceptance offer. And I highly doubt there will be sufficient time to get financial aid package information within that window.

But the rationale for why I’m wondering about my admissions decision is neither here nor there. I was simply asking if any fellow applicants to this school who were in a similar position had heard any new information. It was a mere attempt to gather some pertinent information.

Personally, I don’t appreciated your seemingly relentless recommendation for applicants waiting on decisions to “plan accordingly.” We *are* trying to plan, that’s why we’re inquiring about the remaining unknowns in the cycle. People are trying to make a $400,000 decision, which is not one that ought to be unnecessarily rushed.

Unless you have a personal data point on timing for a post-interview decision from NJMS, I ask that you please do not reply to this comment.
Actually, you can do whatever you want until 5/2, because there is no way to stop you until then. As far as WLs go, what's the difference between an "official" WL and an "unofficial" one? If you haven't received a decision, you have no $400K decision to make, at least with respect to NJMS. You are neither on an official or unofficial WL (which doesn't really exist)! :)

You are also not being denied anything. You will have a minimum of two weeks to decide what to do with any acceptance you receive before 4/30, so you can hold it, in addition to any school you choose to PTE to, after 5/2 if you receive the decision after 4/18! In addition, I'm pretty sure most schools, and certainly NJMS, will extend any deadline you are subject to if they haven't given you financial aid information.

I agree with you that it's rude to make you wait this long, so you really don't need a rationale to wonder about your decision. And yes, I have multiple personal data points on the timing of post-II NJMS decisions. I personally know several people who have received regular and priority WLs, in addition to As, in well under 3+ months after their interviews.

I'm sorry for trying to help, but you should realize that you are just shooting the messenger. It's 4/11 and you have been left hanging since sometime in 2021. You know that's not good. It doesn't mean you cannot still receive an A, or receive a WL and later be called off it. Other than that, as you said, 5/2 is fast approaching and NJMS is not yet among your options.

If you are confused about your status, you should give them a call. No one here, including me, can help you with that. But no, there is not a secret WL they are not telling you about, in addition to the regular and priority WLs everyone else knows about.

Actually, you can do whatever you want until 5/2, because there is no way to stop you until then. As far as WLs go, what's the difference between an "official" WL and an "unofficial" one? If you haven't received a decision, you have no $400K decision to make, at least with respect to NJMS. You are neither on an official or unofficial WL (which doesn't really exist)! :)

You are also not being denied anything. You will have a minimum of two weeks to decide what to do with any acceptance you receive before 4/30, so you can hold it, in addition to any school you choose to PTE to, after 5/2 if you receive the decision after 4/18! In addition, I'm pretty sure most schools, and certainly NJMS, will extend any deadline you are subject to if they haven't given you financial aid information.

I agree with you that it's rude to make you wait this long, so you really don't need a rationale to wonder about your decision. And yes, I have multiple personal data points on the timing of post-II NJMS decisions. I personally know several people who have received regular and priority WLs, in addition to As, in well under 3+ months after their interviews.

I'm sorry for trying to help, but you should realize that you are just shooting the messenger. It's 4/11 and you have been left hanging since sometime in 2021. You know that's not good. It doesn't mean you cannot still receive an A, or receive a WL and later be called off it. Other than that, as you said, 5/2 is fast approaching and NJMS is not yet among your options.

If you are confused about your status, you should give them a call. No one here, including me, can help you with that. But no, there is not a secret WL they are not telling you about, in addition to the regular and priority WLs everyone else knows about.

🙄 Wish SDN had a downvote button.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all...can we not do this? People are just expressing frustration over waiting to hear back from post-II decisions. No one's looking for a solution or the like, just trying to vent to other pre-meds who are in similar situations.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just wanted to say that there is still hope. I’m not sure if there’s an unofficial waitlist. If you haven’t received a decision I think it means just that- no decision has been made.

Nah, that’s not the same. It doesn’t bury comments on sorting nor impact overall karma and posting privileges.
Yeah, sounds like reddit is what you are looking for! :cool:

If they didn’t tell you, I’m pretty sure it’s not even a waitlist cause they would’ve told you.

If they didn’t tell you, I’m pretty sure it’s not even a waitlist cause they would’ve told you.
The “unofficial waitlist” idea came from my pre-health advisor. My school has a close relationship with NJMS and sends many of our graduates there. Yet no one who interviewed from December onward has heard anything back. My advisor said they’ve likely already filled their class and are keeping us on the back burner until mid-late April to see how many people drop their As. Then they’ll decide on the people in limbo. For all intents and purposes, that process is functionally the same as a waitlist.

Was placed on the priority alternate list, does anyone know if they eventually extend an A to everyone on this list?

Was placed on the priority alternate list, does anyone know if they eventually extend an A to everyone on this list?
Based on the past few cycles, it seems like they hardly touched the list at all. Hopefully this year will be better (isn't that what people say every year?), but, no, unlike other schools, NJMS does not come close to actually clearing the priority list, so please do not count on that when making plans.

The “unofficial waitlist” idea came from my pre-health advisor. My school has a close relationship with NJMS and sends many of our graduates there. Yet no one who interviewed from December onward has heard anything back. My advisor said they’ve likely already filled their class and are keeping us on the back burner until mid-late April to see how many people drop their As. Then they’ll decide on the people in limbo. For all intents and purposes, that process is functionally the same as a waitlist.
That’s very interesting. That may be the case probably.

Based on the past few cycles, it seems like they hardly touched the list at all. Hopefully this year will be better (isn't that what people say every year?), but, no, unlike other schools, NJMS does not come close to actually clearing the priority list, so please do not count on that when making plans.
Oooofff really didn’t know that. So they have a priority alternate list and a regular list that they don’t touch?!?!?

Oooofff really didn’t know that. So they have a priority alternate list and a regular list that they don’t touch?!?!?
Basically. It's always possible they could go to the regular list if there is a demographic they need for the class that is not available on the priority list, but, otherwise, yeah. They whole point of the stratification is to give people some idea of where they stand, but there has been so little movement the past 2 cycles that it hasn't mattered. In general though, I think the priority WL is supposed to be the WL, and the regular WL is supposed to be a soft R.

Keep in mind that I'm just an applicant like anyone else, and I'm just getting this from observing activity over the past few cycles. If you want an authoritative answer, I STRONGLY suggest calling the school. My experience in doing that, at all schools, is that they are generally happy to tell you what they can, although it often isn't much. If you are not a PITA, expressing interest and concern by asking questions will never be held against you, unless it's something that is prominently posted on their website, or something they already told you in an e-mail, or on the interview day. Good luck!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
After 6 months of wait with no answer after Interview, I have officially given up on this school. Good luck to all As and WLs!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R just now. OOS, complete 7/9.

JUST GOT THE CALL WITH THE A FOLKS!!! THE WAIT IS OVER!!! 6 MONTHS!!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Got the A last night!!!! A program was mentioned that starts in May for those who have been out of school for over a year or so. Anyone have more details on that? Also anyone have any info regarding their financial aid / scholarships?

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A last night!!!! A program was mentioned that starts in May for those who have been out of school for over a year or so. Anyone have more details on that? Also anyone have any info regarding their financial aid / scholarships?
Also … anyone have the links to the groupme / Facebook groups?

Congrats! Were you ever waitlisted by any chance?

Does anybody know how many peoples have committed to Rutgers yet? Or how many students are in the FB group? Thanks!

Does anybody know how many peoples have committed to Rutgers yet? Or how many students are in the FB group? Thanks!
Rutgers doesn't even know this yet! :)

The ability to commit does not become available until 5/2!

• Haha
May can't come soon enough LOl
Yup. Every year, at every school! Just be careful not to conflate CTE, or commitments, with WL movement. Rutgers won't make anyone commit until 7/1, but movement can come at any time because it is triggered by people dropping As, NOT by people committing, or failing to commit. People committing to one school causes them to drop off WLs at other schools. It does not create WL movement anywhere. People failing to CTE after 5/2 were already not PTEd at the school, so that failure does not create WL movement.

People have been dropping As all along. It accelerated around 4/15, when people were supposed to drop to 3 As, and will really pick up from here on forward to 5/2, when people have to drop to 1 A.

What that means for NJMS remains to be seen, since they just haven't had a ton of movement the past few years. It's a decent, reasonably priced state school with a good match list that fills a ridiculous portion of its seats through direct entry programs (98 out of 178 seats last year). Since they only fill around 80 seats through regular admission, getting an A is more difficult than you might think, and WL movement is just not as great as at similarly ranked and sized schools. Good luck!!

What that means for NJMS remains to be seen, since they just haven't had a ton of movement the past few years. It's a decent, reasonably priced state school with a good match list that fills a ridiculous portion of its seats through direct entry programs (98 out of 178 seats last year). Since they only fill around 80 seats through regular admission, getting an A is more difficult than you might think, and WL movement is just not as great as at similarly ranked and sized schools. Good luck!!

Does RWJMS do this too? Or are most of their seats available for regular admission?