New York COM, Jonesboro Campus (NYIT-COM, Jonesboro) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks. OOS.
Nice, I'm OOS too hoping for some good news soon. How were you notified if u don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I have been on the waitlist since Feb 3rd 2017, and still, have not heard anything, I sent several update letters and intent letters, I am out of state but I was wondering if I should give up or if there is still hope, Opinions are appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any Asian in 1st class2020, and also are there any asian in the fall class. I am just afraid to feel kind of out of place on this campus.

You won't feel out of place on the campus. The student body is all very inclusive of multiple cultures, religious beliefs, etc. You may run into some issues occasionally around the town but I feel this wouldn't be a common occurrence. Enjoy your summer and look forward to meeting you and the class of 2021 when you guys arrive in the fall. If you haven't yet then you should join the facebook group for the incoming class. :)

Hey guys, this is a question for locals or current students. My wife and I have two dogs and are looking for a house or a town home to rent. We really need something with a yard for our dogs. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? We were hoping for something closer to campus in a decent neighborhood. Thanks!

Hey guys, this is a question for locals or current students. My wife and I have two dogs and are looking for a house or a town home to rent. We really need something with a yard for our dogs. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? We were hoping for something closer to campus in a decent neighborhood. Thanks!

I'd recommend anything near Aggie Rd, Paragould Rd, Prospect Rd. Very close to campus! About 5-10 min drive. It is an area of several neighborhoods all of which are very good places to live. I know plenty of people who rent homes in this area (myself included). Some areas (particularly near Ocean Dr.) are occupied by quite a few undergrad students so you may encounter a few parties Thurs-Sat. Hope that helps some!

I'd recommend anything near Aggie Rd, Paragould Rd, Prospect Rd. Very close to campus! About 5-10 min drive. It is an area of several neighborhoods all of which are very good places to live. I know plenty of people who rent homes in this area (myself included). Some areas (particularly near Ocean Dr.) are occupied by quite a few undergrad students so you may encounter a few parties Thurs-Sat. Hope that helps some!
This is great. Thanks!

Are there any Asian in 1st class2020, and also are there any asian in the fall class. I am just afraid to feel kind of out of place on this campus.
I can say that yes there are asians present in the 2020 class as I know and talk to them every week. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if we have to pay for printing? If not, how much is it per page?

Does anyone know if we have to pay for printing? If not, how much is it per page?

Printing is currently free in the medical school building. You get $50 for printing around the A-State campus as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Who has been accepted from the waiting list? Shouldn't there be a lot of movement this month

I think May 15th is the day to drop multiple acceptances. I'm hoping after that we will see significant movement from the waitlist

I think May 15th is the day to drop multiple acceptances. I'm hoping after that we will see significant movement from the waitlist
That's great to hear! I didn't know that. Best of luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
May 15th? I thought it was May 1st? either way hoping for some movement soon!!

Attachments

• IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 68
thoughts on the cafeteria here? unsure on whether to buy a meal plan or not

The food is good and there is usually a nice variety to choose from. Everyday there is pizza, burgers, a deli, and a nice soup/salad bar. Additionally, there is a home cooking line and an international line that change menus daily. During undergrad I would pay for lunch there 2-3 times per week, and never left hungry or disappointed. I never priced the packages, though. I would suggest trying it several days prior to purchasing a package. I'd hate for you to be stuck eating food that you don't enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I went to A-State as an undergrad and if you are interested in a meal plan my recommendation is to get either an "All Flex" plan or a meal plan with Flex available. Flex is basically just money loaded onto your student ID that can be used for the caf, food court, any other on campus restaurants. Any other meal plan (7 day, 5 day, "block" plan) can only be used in the caf. The caf can get old after awhile, but the food in the food court and at Einstein's bagels is pretty good! And you can take that food to go which is nice, unlike the caf food.

interviewed at the end of march, waitlisted two weeks after, and just got accepted off the waitlist ... but, I have one concern before deciding to accept or not -

my fiancé wants to support me in med school by living with me, but we are unsure of the job market for mechanical engineers in the area. Any suggestions/thoughts?

Thank you in advance!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys to anyone who still on the waiting list, when is it safe to call it quits on this school in your opinion? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks

I would say up to July. People still get off the waitlist then in other schools.

Hey guys to anyone who still on the waiting list, when is it safe to call it quits on this school in your opinion? I appreciate your feedback. Thanks
I'm a part of the class of 2020, and while I don't know how big the waitlist is this year or if anyone with a current acceptance will decline their spot, I do know that someone in my class got accepted the day before orientation started in August. Just FYI.

Hey guys, I put down my deposit at NYITCOM arkansas a few weeks ago for 2017, but am still trying to get off the waitlist at Midwestern (I live in Chicago). Does anybody know what the deal is with NYITCOM's tuition deadline? The website says June 1st! If I accept loans and put down payments are they refundable? Help!

So I spoke with Clair, and she told me that their classes is full :( , but they do expect 1-3 people to drop from now until August 1st :/

So I spoke with Clair, and she told me that their classes is full :( , but they do expect 1-3 people to drop from now until August 1st :/
Ummmmm... are you sure? I spoke to her today as well. She said that all of the seats are currently filled but that there is always some movement in the summer. I feel like I've harassed her quite a lot this year, but she always encourages me to send in updates and keep her in the loop. I thought I read elsewhere that they can accept people until the first day of orientation? Sounds like we've still got a shot.

Not an important question, but does anyone know which iPad we get and with how much storage?

Last edited:
Not an important question, but does anyone know which iPad we get and with how much storage?

Pretty sure it is an Air 2, but unsure on size. Guess would be 32 GB since the downloaded software probably does not take up a ton of space and it is intended for school use. I could see the justification for the 128 GB though for the same reasons. Is there even a 64 GB in the Air 2?
I have a 12.9" Pro 256 GB that they said they could load with the school software. Still have to have the Air 2, but definitely glad I can use the Pro during lectures. Figured I would mention that in case you have one already, since Apple is a popular tablet company.

The Ipad issued this previous year was an IPad Air2 with 64 GB of memory. As stated by DoctorPose though, they can and will load the necessary software onto your personal Ipad if you want to use it. You must have an IPad for taking exams but that is the only thing you need your Ipad for during the school year. The Ipads can sync with all of the TVs and monitors throughout the building though which makes for a great group study tool.

Any other questions don't hesitate to ask or pm me.

Do teacher provide note-packets?

withdrew from the wait list today. good luck everyone!

Do teacher provide note-packets?
Some professors will provide note packets over the material while others will just have your PowerPoints listed as well as assigned reading from books.

Is it me or there hardly seems to be any waitlist movement? Losing hope

Since the tuition was due on June 1 what happens if we get in off the waitlist to another school and decide to go there instead? Do we get that money back/not take on the loans or are we bound to paying the tuition?

Since the tuition was due on June 1 what happens if we get in off the waitlist to another school and decide to go there instead? Do we get that money back/not take on the loans or are we bound to paying the tuition?
I guess you can reassign them if you don't end up going to one school and choose another. That's what I heard from another person here. They don't get dispersed until August which is what I expected like undergrad.

Withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone.

Just got a call asking if I'd like to keep my spot on the waitlist. *breathing intensifies* God I hope that means they want to accept me.

Reactions: 2 users
Dear M2's and beyond, do you know if we need ALL the equipment in the "student pack" during our first year? Can I buy a steth and hold off on the other stuff?

Last edited:
I just got an email from NYITCOM @ ASU asking if I wanted to stay on the waitlist. Good sign?

Yeah everyone got the email. But they said there is some movement. Who knows what will happen. Anyone find out any new information pertinent to people on the waitlist.

Yeah everyone got the email. But they said there is some movement. Who knows what will happen. Anyone find out any new information pertinent to people on the waitlist.
I was accepted last week on Friday from the waitlist

For parking permits, are they not being sold yet for the upcoming year? All i see is the option for a $5/8day pass.

For parking permits, are they not being sold yet for the upcoming year? All i see is the option for a $5/8day pass.
Parking permits are not available till the 30th. Are you on the class Facebook page?

Parking permits are not available till the 30th. Are you on the class Facebook page?

I just checked again today and saw that permits for The Circle are available for purchase.
I'm assuming that one is for us?