2023-2024 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM-Jonesboro)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Incoming OMS-1 this fall. Please feel free to either DM me with any questions or simply tag me in a reply. I wish you all luck on your application journey!!

Reactions: 1 users
Incoming OMS-1 this fall. Please feel free to either DM me with any questions or simply tag me in a reply. I wish you all luck on your application journey!!
Hello, I submitted my secondary a few days ago and I just received a notification that it is complete. Do you know when interview invites typically get released? I tried to apply early as possible. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I submitted my secondary a few days ago and I just received a notification that it is complete. Do you know when interview invites typically get released? I tried to apply early as possible. Thanks!
I just submitted my primary earlier today and received an email to complete the supplemental application? Is that the secondary?

Way to get your application in early! Did you already complete your secondary as well?

Invitation Interviews generally start around mid-August.

Way to get your application in early! Did you already complete your secondary as well?

Invitation Interviews generally start around mid-August.
Yes, I submitted my Secondary on Monday.

Reactions: 1 user
Sent you a conversation about my application. Please feel free to reach out!

the 22-23 cycle, thus far, has experienced very little waitlist movement which does not align with previous cycles. there’s probably a lot of reasons why (recessions increase med school applicant #s, good match placement, etc).

i have no idea if waitlist decisions aligned with date of app submission in the 22-23 cycle, but if you can submit early i’d recommend!

Just submitted my secondary! That was awfully fast to be sending out a secondary- earlier than any school I’ve seen. I just submitted my primary yesterday. Are the schools sending them out earlier this year?

Just submitted my secondary! That was awfully fast to be sending out a secondary- earlier than any school I’ve seen. I just submitted my primary yesterday. Are the schools sending them out earlier this year?
I had heard they were doing them earlier this year, like something that AACOMAS is doing differently. Not too sure on specifics, maybe someone else could explain better. Did you submit your primary with transcripts, LOR, MCAT scores all uploaded to AACOMAS?

I had heard they were doing them earlier this year, like something that AACOMAS is doing differently. Not too sure on specifics, maybe someone else could explain better. Did you submit your primary with transcripts, LOR, MCAT scores all uploaded to AACOMAS?
Yes, everything is in and ready to go.

They defintely must be doing it earlier because I submitted my app and was verified on 5/17. Heard back for secondaries from UNE COM, ACOM, NYIT, AT still and ICOM within a day or two and just got an II for acom yesterday. But several schools did tell me they cant access our apps until mid june.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I just submitted my primary. Can someone post the secondary prompts? Thank you !
I didn’t jot them down otherwise I would have! From what I remember you pick what campus you want and they ask you why you picked it and what factor you value most in your medical education. Also describe a time when you overcame a challenge, how did you hear about them, and what activities you did to fit the mission of diversity, inclusion, belonging, etc. of NYITCOM.

Secondary submitted.
It says the application is currently under review by Adcoms.

1,000 character limit each

1. Briefly describe the reasons for your campus/site choice and comment on one or two factors that are most important to you in choosing where you wish to pursue your medical education.

2. NYITCOM values diversity, equity, and inclusion. How will your background and experiences add to our inclusive culture and how will this focus influence your future role as a physician?

3. Describe a challenge you’ve faced and the steps you took to overcome it.

4. Describe the community in which you see yourself practicing medicine.

5. Have you previously applied to NYITCOM? If yes, what specific steps have you taken to strengthen your credentials for the current application year?

6. How and where did you learn about NYITCOM?

I wonder if they are sending out interviews earlier this cycle, since secondaries came in so fast

Does anyone know if the secondary is time sensitive? I received a follow up email asking me to send in my supplemental application (received secondary email exactly 2 weeks ago)

Does anyone know if the secondary is time sensitive? I received a follow up email asking me to send in my supplemental application (received secondary email exactly 2 weeks ago)
It's not! I also got that email a month ago but it's not time sensitive it's just a reminder

I will say that although there is no deadline, at the info session they said to submit it after 10 days. But if you haven’t just take your time and hopefully they won’t notice

Does anyone know what the timeline is when you are fully submitted and under review? I heard they are rolling.

Did anyone receive II yet? I submitted secondary and got complete email on 6/14 still file is under review

Are there any current students here who can give their two cents on the following:

1. Remediation numbers in the past several years
2. Attrition rate
3. Availablity and quality of rotation sites
4. Faculty support
5. Support and resources for URM
6. Curriculum - is it basically remote learning since classes are from NY campus? Do you still have to show up to campus to watch a pre-recorded lecture?

Are there any current students here who can give their two cents on the following:

2. Attrition rate
4. Faculty support
6. Curriculum - is it basically remote learning since classes are from NY campus? Do you still have to show up to campus to watch a pre-recorded lecture?

@LIFS7 May be able to help answer these questions.

2. Attrition rate
4. Faculty support
1. Remediation the past couple years is between 10-20%
2. Depends on who passes remediation but most do.
3. Everyone gets a rotation so availability is there, but the quality of the site is variable. Little Rock, Northwest AR, Jonesboro, Memphis, Tupelo, and Desoto are probably the better ones. However, the small rural sites allow more hands on learning, easier hours, and more study time but worse opportunities for networking for residency.
4. Most faculty are helpful some are not. I have had mostly good experiences with faculty.
5. I cannot speak to this, but I believe these things are easy to find if you need them.
6. We have talked about curriculum in previous posts on last year’s thread. Every student, NY and AR, watches pre-recorded lectures on their own time. The lecturers are mostly in NY but some are in AR too. Only anatomy labs, DPR, OMM, and CBL (PPOMs) are mandatory in person. The rest of your learning is on your own.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II just now as well! Finalized my app on 7/13

Submitted in June but radio silence

• Care
You guys received interviews specifically for the Jonesboro location and not the Long Island one right?

OOS II received! secondary submitted 6/14, confirmation of file complete 6/23

Congrats and goodluck! Do you mind sharing ur stats please
Thank you! 498-496 retake (oops..), cGPA 3.8 sGPA 3.9. 10 years of high level leadership experience. Regular amount of clinical, volunteer, and shadowing.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else with an LM of 73+ not get an II, have a 3.9+ and 515 and complete in late June but still nothing

Apparently I just found out I applied to old Westbury and they haven’t sent out II’s yet so hold hope
I applied to Old Westbury as well. Where did you find out they haven’t sent out interviews for that location yet?