newbie and touro q's

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by nikappella, Oct 17, 2001.

1. nikappella

nikappella Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi,

this is my first post so i just wanted to introduce myself and also ask a question. i'm a college junior from new york and i just decided to go premed this year so i have a looong way to go... i'll be around here for a while :)

my question is this: i plan on applying to allopathic schools. however, because of my religious involvement (jewish) i want to apply to touro. it's one of the only schools at which there are no classes on all the holidays so i won't have to end up missing like 10 classes and making up all the work. in addition, touro doesn't have classes at time that would interfere with my sabbath observance (like a ton of other schools). so now the actual question... would it be looked upon negatively by touro that i show a preference towards allopathic schools? and can they even see that i only applied to MD schools? also, would it be necessary to shadow a DO in order to gain admissions to touro (my grades are competitive and let's assume my mcats are ok, too)?

thanks for any insight!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 8404

8404 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

they wont know about the MD apps. unless you tell them, so dont! I highly advise you to shadow a DO and get a letter of rec. from him/her for your application. yes, all jewish holidays and customs are observed at our school.

good luck,
    8404 (TUCOM 2003)