newbie and touro q's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikappella

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

this is my first post so i just wanted to introduce myself and also ask a question. i'm a college junior from new york and i just decided to go premed this year so i have a looong way to go... i'll be around here for a while :)

my question is this: i plan on applying to allopathic schools. however, because of my religious involvement (jewish) i want to apply to touro. it's one of the only schools at which there are no classes on all the holidays so i won't have to end up missing like 10 classes and making up all the work. in addition, touro doesn't have classes at time that would interfere with my sabbath observance (like a ton of other schools). so now the actual question... would it be looked upon negatively by touro that i show a preference towards allopathic schools? and can they even see that i only applied to MD schools? also, would it be necessary to shadow a DO in order to gain admissions to touro (my grades are competitive and let's assume my mcats are ok, too)?

thanks for any insight!

Members don't see this ad.

they wont know about the MD apps. unless you tell them, so dont! I highly advise you to shadow a DO and get a letter of rec. from him/her for your application. yes, all jewish holidays and customs are observed at our school.

good luck,
8404 (TUCOM 2003)