NHSC Scholarship 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you applying to the NHSC this year?

• Yes

Votes: 204 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 40 12.9%
  • Already got it!

Votes: 31 10.0%

• Total voters
According to past maintenance dates we may be hearing something within the next week to week and a half I’m guessing. What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
According to past maintenance dates we may be hearing something within the next week to week and a half I’m guessing. What do you all think?
So after the second maintenance they got their contracts countersigned?

I received an email today saying my W-4 could not be downloaded for some reason, and I need to resubmit it. So sounds like they were working during that maintenance yesterday!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email today saying my W-4 could not be downloaded for some reason, and I need to resubmit it. So sounds like they were working during that maintenance yesterday!

I got the same email since mine uploaded blank. Were you able to resubmit on the portal? I couldn’t find any way to resubmit there. It sounded to me like they are sending a second email with a link to resubmit

About what time did you all receive the email to re upload these documents? I know my EVF did not upload properly and I am waiting for an email to fix it also.

About what time did you all receive the email to re upload these documents? I know my EVF did not upload properly and I am waiting for an email to fix it also.
I got the first email at 9am then an email with a new link to upload at noon, but in the first email they said it can take up to 3 business days to get the 2nd email.

I got the same email since mine uploaded blank. Were you able to resubmit on the portal? I couldn’t find any way to resubmit there. It sounded to me like they are sending a second email with a link to resubmit
I couldn't resubmit on the portal. In the email they say to wait for a FU email.

Ugh so I resubmitted with the link. Everything looked like it uploaded fine (PDFs) and the text definitely shows up, but when I try to click on the W-2 attachment I get an error window. In my email they said they weren't able to open/download my first W-2. But every other doc uploaded as a PDF is fine and I can open the attachments. I called customer service and they said they can't look at my documents but supposedly NHSC will reach out to me a 2nd time, if they still can retrieve docs.

I better not lose out on consideration due to a technical error.

And the site is currently "down for the Major release" 😅

Not sure if this means to release a second round of finalists or to release countersignatures... I guess we will see.

Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 9.03.38 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I got the first email at 9am then an email with a new link to upload at noon, but in the first email they said it can take up to 3 business days to get the 2nd email.
I am still waiting for my upload link got the same email Thursday and friday

I am still waiting for my upload link got the same email Thursday and friday

Maybe try logging into the portal? They deleted all of my previous uploads and I had to resubmit everything again

Members don't see this ad :)
Oops I forgot
So we think this means some countersignatures might be coming?
Hopefully! Either countersignatures or a second round of finalists. It randomly came back up again and let me log in, but probably going to go back down I'm guessing.

My current status says "Accepted Award-Under Final Review" after submitting the additional documentation after finalist notification. Just checking to see if we are all in the same spot, pretty sure this doesn't guarantee anything though!

Reactions: 4 users
My current status says "Accepted Award-Under Final Review" after submitting the additional documentation after finalist notification. Just checking to see if we are all in the same spot, pretty sure this doesn't guarantee anything though!
Yup! That’s the same on my end as well!

Yep! That's what mine says also!

Yay so that means they’re rolling em out. Anyone else in dental see it too? I’m assuming they’re doing that first.

Countersigned! Jaime King at 7 am! I’m a first year DO student!

Reactions: 7 users
Do they roll out countersignatures at multiple times? I haven’t gotten one yet but I also had to resubmit my paperwork due to blank W-4 so maybe that affects it idk

What’s going on Jamie.🥺 You stopped at 7AM?😢

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I submitted my forms on the 14th so doubt I’ll be next any time soon.🥺

Nothing for me yet! I turned my forms in early so I’m getting worried!

No countersignature for me yet :/ Maybe they're going by alphabetical order?

My status is still "Accepted Award - Under Final Review" No countersign yet although I submit my application earlier. For anyone receive a countersign, did you receive an email before that?

My status is still "Accepted Award - Under Final Review" No countersign yet although I submit my application earlier. For anyone receive a countersign, did you receive an email before that?
What’s your last name initial?

When I download my contract my signature is not there. Were we supposed to fill it out?

For those of you that had to redo your w4 did you completely redo it or just resubmit with original date signed? I just received an email today that I needed to do mine so seems like they are doing Both counter signatures and still reviewing documentation.

I didn’t get an email. I’ve just been checking regularly.

I didn’t get an email. I’ve just been checking regularly.
Same, I called and they said that if we receive a countersignature we have received the award. An email is supposed to be sent within 30 days.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you that had to redo your w4 did you completely redo it or just resubmit with original date signed? I just received an email today that I needed to do mine so seems like they are doing Both counter signatures and still reviewing documentation.

I resubmitted with original date signed because mine had uploaded blank initially

It says at 7:02 electronically signed by Jamie King! My last name starts with a V and I am dental, 3 year.

Reactions: 3 users
When I download my contract my signature is not there. Were we supposed to fill it out?
After submitting the documents (EVF/W4) and signing online, the downloaded contract should have the following:

"By electronically signing this contract, I agree to # year(s) of service obligation for # year(s) of scholarship support.

Signature: Electronically signed by

Role: Applicant

Date:"

I'm assuming that the counter signature is right below the above.

Last edited:
Got countersignature at 7:01 AM!!!! First-year dental