NHSC Scholarship 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are you applying to the NHSC this year?

• Yes

Votes: 204 66.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 40 12.9%
  • Already got it!

Votes: 31 10.0%

• Total voters
Wow awesome. Are all acceptances sent out same day or do we still have a chance? Congratulations btw
The last 2 years they've been signed over the span of 3 days

Members don't see this ad.

hi! i'm a longtime lurkers on this thread haha - i was wondering those who got the countersignature - do you mind sharing when you uploaded your paperwork :) i uploaded on the 12th so i'm wondering if those who got their paperwork in earlier get signed earlier? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I uploaded my documents on Aug 11

Got countersignature at 7:01 AM!!!! First-year dental
what exact date and time do you submit your forms and sign your electronic signature? Im trying to see if they are going off of times or if its randomized!!

hi! i'm a longtime lurkers on this thread haha - i was wondering those who got the countersignature - do you mind sharing when you uploaded your paperwork :) i uploaded on the 12th so i'm wondering if those who got their paperwork in earlier get signed earlier? Thanks!
hey! I uploaded everything the morning of aug 10th and I did not have to resubmit anything

It's nice they're getting back to us so fast. I think the rest of us will hear back tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. Last year there were 3 rounds of finalists, each round occurring the day after.

Scheduled maintenance tonight! We will probs hear something tomorrow!
"Please excuse the inconvenience, but the site will be down for scheduled maintenance from 11:00 PM EST Tuesday, August 24, 2021 to approximately 11:30 PM EST on Tuesday, August 24, 2021. For more information or questions please contact the HRSA Call Center at 1-800-221-9393"

Reactions: 2 users
There's another maintenance tonight guys! Hopefully more countersignatures then.

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 4.07.42 PM.png

For those that were countersigned, did you receive an email or did you just check on the portal?

countersigned at 8:01 this morning! can't believe this is real.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that were countersigned, did you receive an email or did you just check on the portal?
no email, just checked the portal and downloaded the contract. below our "signature" it says signed by jamie king

no email, just checked the portal and downloaded the contract. below our "signature" it says signed by jamie king
congrats!! I'm praying I get something soon getting worried 😭

Anyone ever hear of someone who was a finalist and did not get the scholarship? I did not get a countersignature today.

Anyone ever hear of someone who was a finalist and did not get the scholarship? I did not get a countersignature today.
They send them out 3 times back to back. There’s still hope. But yes that has happened before, but I heard it’s pretty rare.

I uploaded everything on Monday, August 9 barely 3 hours after they emailed me haha and no countersignatures yet

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Signed by Jamie King at 9:57!! Submitted my documents on 8/10 and last name starts with A. First year dental!

Still nothing for me yet 😫 looks like they’re maybe going out at different times today?

Still nothing for me yet looks like they’re maybe going out at different times today?

Nothing here either. But I had to resubmit my W-4 so not sure if that would delay countersignature

Hey Yall! Signed electronically at 9:57! Submitted mine on the 10th around noon, first year MD!

Any acceptances this morning?
Nothing here either, I uploaded mine August 11 :/

does anyone know if multiple people that attend the same school with the same profession can get the scholarship?

Got my countersignature yesterday morning! Do you all think we should wait until we have further info to notify our respective schools about receiving the scholarship? I'm not too sure what the next steps are. If anyone has any insight I'd love to hear it!

Nothing here either, I uploaded mine August 11 :/

does anyone know if multiple people that attend the same school with the same profession can get the scholarship?
I know 2 other people at my school who are finalists…None of us have gotten the countersignature yet but I feel like they wouldn’t select the 3 of us as finalists to only give it to 1 person…

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
I know 2 other people at my school who are finalists…None of us have gotten the countersignature yet but I feel like they wouldn’t select the 3 of us as finalists to only give it to 1 person…
At my dental school there are 4 of us that are finalist. We are all class of 2025.

I disagree, I know 2 people at my school last year who got it. I'm hoping more signatures go out today...

I disagree, I know 2 people at my school last year who got it. I'm hoping more signatures go out today...
What do you mean when you say you “disagree?” Were there finalists at your school who did not get the signature in previous years?

What's the deciding factor of a finalist becoming an actual recipient?

• Hmm
What do you mean when you say you “disagree?” Were there finalists at your school who did not get the signature in previous years?
Disagree that there can only be 1 finalist with a countersignature per school.

For those that had to resubmit W4 or EVF forms, did you attach them via a reply email to the notification email that you got? Or is there a way to resubmit them on the portal? I had called the HRSA customer service line, and they had said to just reply to the email with an attachment, but I'm nervous I missed something and need to submit it on the portal somewhere.

For those that had to resubmit W4 or EVF forms, did you attach them via a reply email to the notification email that you got? Or is there a way to resubmit them on the portal? I had called the HRSA customer service line, and they had said to just reply to the email with an attachment, but I'm nervous I missed something and need to submit it on the portal somewhere.

They had me resubmit everything on the portal

How did you resubmit it on the portal? It wouldn't let me upload anything since it is already submitted
for me I had to email the guy again and i never got an email to reupload I just checked daily and it reset the profile for me.

How did you resubmit it on the portal? It wouldn't let me upload anything since it is already submitted

They had deleted everything and I had to resubmit all info again, including signing the contract again

They had deleted everything and I had to resubmit all info again, including signing the contract again
Wow okay they did not do this for me. Have either of you gotten a countersignature since resubmitting forms?

Wow okay they did not do this for me. Have either of you gotten a countersignature since resubmitting forms?

I have not. I’m a little worried that the issue with the forms affected my consideration, but hopefully it didn’t.