Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
why aren't you surprised?

They grilled me, were completely non-responsive, and did not crack a single smile lol. Happened to someone else on my interview day. Not mad about it, just wasnt expecting it when during the intro by the admissions counselors they said they were trying to avoid that at all costs

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Its been about a month since I received my complete application phone call and I haven't heard anything :( Is this a bad sign? How long after people's applications were complete did they receive IIs?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the sake of disclosure:

II call today -- scheduled for 11/1

3.36c/3.10s/4.0g (heavy science); 30 MCAT; So much research.... so much (8+ years). Submitted primary: 10/19, Complete 10/20.

100% best of luck to those of you still waiting!

Reactions: 6 users

3.36c/3.10s/4.0g (heavy science); 30 MCAT; So much research.... so much (8+ years). Submitted primary: 10/19, Complete 10/20.

Yay!!!! I've been following you for years on here! I'm so excited you got an interview!!

Reactions: 1 users
Also placed on the alternate-list, unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 user

Thank you for reporting back your II. There hasn't been a whole lot of chatter in these forums lately.

Welcome to the club friend! It will be a long wait until may :dead:. But our patience will work out!

Thank you glad to be here :) and yes indeed it will be a long wait until then... Gotta hope for the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah! Completely forgot to mention this:

This may already be something that you all know, but I was told by an admissions member that December is a black-out month for admissions -- they don't interview or meet. So, if you don't hear anything during December, don't panic -- no one else is hearing anything, either!

Hope this helps alleviate some anxiety.

Reactions: 7 users
Have my interview here next week and getting super nervous. Seems like a ton of people are getting alternate list post interview, hopefully this interview goes better than I'm expecting lol

Have my interview here next week and getting super nervous. Seems like a ton of people are getting alternate list post interview, hopefully this interview goes better than I'm expecting lol

don't be nervous, just be yourself. seriously, though. Focus on just showing them exactly who you are. If you want to be a doctor for the right reasons, they'll see it.

Anyone know how long it takes from complete to desicion status?

when you're feeling super stressed, and all the anxiety in the world is crushing you day and night, just remember...one day you're gunna die.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how this school feels toward OOS students? I'm very OOS and am wondering if I'll have any chance.

when you're feeling super stressed, and all the anxiety in the world is crushing you day and night, just remember...one day you're gunna die.
You should frame this and use it as a welcoming banner for your clinic when you become a practising psychiatrist.

Hi accepted students
Is there a website that shows checklist for accepted students? What is sharkID, can we register for one now? Thanks

Just submitted my secondary today. How long does it usually take to be complete? Do they email you once you are complete?

Does anyone know how this school feels toward OOS students? I'm very OOS and am wondering if I'll have any chance.
quite a few people in my class, and a good portion I know from the M2 class is from out of state.

Do you guys know how many students NOVA interviews and accepts per year? How many people are on the waitlist? Their class size is about 250 right?? PLEASE HELP!!!

Do you guys know how many students NOVA interviews and accepts per year? How many people are on the waitlist? Their class size is about 250 right?? PLEASE HELP!!!
Usually accept 2x the size of the class

So I got an interview invite just now, but seems like no dates available... of course saw it at 5:03 when office closes at 5:00... will be calling first thing tomorrow!

Reactions: 3 users
II just now!!!! Received the pending candidate letter on October 5th or 6th. Unfortunately none of the dates show on the calendar. They have a message to call to schedule if that is the case between 8:30 and 5:00, but of course I received the e-mail at 4:59. I guess I'll try to schedule tomorrow. :/

Reactions: 6 users
II just now!!!! Received the pending candidate letter on October 5th or 6th. Unfortunately none of the dates show on the calendar. They have a message to call to schedule if that is the case between 8:30 and 5:00, but of course I received the e-mail at 4:59. I guess I'll try to schedule tomorrow. :/

Great show. Did you get an email or a phone call? Nvm I saw that you said email. I checked my email a few times but still no word here. Darn.

So I got an interview invite just now, but seems like no dates available... of course saw it at 5:03 when office closes at 5:00... will be calling first thing tomorrow!

haha same! I received it at 4:59, read it at 5:00, saw the empty calendar at 5:01, and read the message at 5:02. LOL

Yay! OK good to know it happened to someone else and it wasn't a bad sign for all the dates to be gray.

Great show. Did you get an email or a phone call? Nvm I saw that you said email. I checked my email a few times but still no word here. Darn.

Also email here and have to call to schedule tomorrow - our stats don't appear to be too different so good luck!

Same haha

Reactions: 2 users

It varies by year. Last year they interviewed 350-370 people and accepted a pretty good percentage. This year I heard they are more selective with more people getting waitlisted. We had quite a few classmates made it off the waitlist this year so don't lose hope!

Also email here and have to call to schedule tomorrow - our stats don't appear to be too different so good luck!

What are yours two gpas and MCAT? If they're in your signature I apologize they don't show within the app. Thank you for letting me know, I'm encouraged to hear that. As an FL resident I am hopeful they will at least interview me.

What are yours two gpas and MCAT? If they're in your signature I apologize they don't show within the app. Thank you for letting me know, I'm encouraged to hear that. As an FL resident I am hopeful they will at least interview me.

No they are not (I should do that huh?)... LizzyM ~63 non-trad, lots of research/multiple pubs

Last edited:

I have only slightly better stats...crossing our fingers for both of us for an interview :)

It varies by year. Last year they interviewed 350-370 people and accepted a pretty good percentage. This year I heard they are more selective with more people getting waitlisted. We had quite a few classmates made it off the waitlist this year so don't lose hope!
Did they say this in the interview??

No they are not (I should do that huh?)... 3.56 / 3.45 / 503 non-trad, lots of research/multiple pubs

I mean you don't have to but I wanted to share it because it makes no difference to me if people know. I always want to know when people get acceptances and whatnot what their stats were.

Your research is giving you a huge boost over me I'm sure. I have zero. There is nothing going on in my town. I searched. Called all three universities and just can't find time to drive to Tampa for research opportunities right now.

Nice! You're giving me a lot of hope. Could you also post when you were complete? I completed my app 10/10, I believe.

I mean you don't have to but I wanted to share it because it makes no difference to me if people know. I always want to know when people get acceptances and whatnot what their stats were.

Your research is giving you a huge boost over me I'm sure. I have zero. There is nothing going on in my town. I searched. Called all three universities and just can't find time to drive to Tampa for research opportunities right now.

Nice! You're giving me a lot of hope. Could you also post when you were complete? I completed my app 10/10, I believe.

I submitted 10/5, got the electronic version of my application 10/10, and got the phone call that my application was complete 10/11... so I wouldn't give up hope just yet! Good luck :)