Official 2009/2010 rank list help thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've only got 5 hours left before breakfast and I'm hoping to get everyone's input on what I should eat. My current preferences, in order, are:

1. Scrambled eggs
2. Eggs over-easy
3. Lean HAM
4. Egg and cheese english muffin with butter, salt, and spinach
5. Sauteed spinach with blueberry muffin side
6. Cinnamon toast crunch
7. Frosted Flakes
8. Corn Flakes with blueberries
9. Corn Flakes without blueberries

I know that this is an entirely personal decision, and that what I am hoping to get out of breakfast is something that only I can identify and act upon, but I was hoping to get the consensus on what's generally considered the "best" food on the list, along with the runners-up....in order. Since I'm neurotic and stuck on general opinion as the means by which I'll make important life-changing decisions (e.g. breakfast, of course), I'd be much appreciative for any such opinions.

Again, please spout repeatedly the generally accepted hierarchy of the above foods, which will inevitably be either a regurgitation of what some publication has already decided (with little reason given for said order, and thereby having little relevance to MY life) or an ordering based upon your own personal appetites, beliefs and breakfast goals, which are obviously important considerations since I seem unable to identify any of my own....errh...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've only got 5 hours left before breakfast and I'm hoping to get everyone's input on what I should eat. My current preferences, in order, are:

1. Scrambled eggs
2. Eggs over-easy
3. Lean HAM
6. Cinnamon toast crunch
7. Frosted Flakes

I know that this is an entirely personal decision, and that what I am hoping to get out of breakfast is something that only I can identify and act upon, but I was hoping to get the consensus on what's generally considered the "best" food on the list, along with the runners-up....in order. Since I'm neurotic and stuck on general opinion as the means by which I'll make important life-changing decisions (e.g. breakfast, of course), I'd be much appreciative for any such opinions.

Again, please spout repeatedly the generally accepted hierarchy of the above foods, which will inevitably be either a regurgitation of what some publication has already decided (with little reason given for said order, and thereby having little relevance to MY life) or an ordering based upon your own personal appetites, beliefs and breakfast goals, which are obviously important considerations since I seem unable to identify any of my own....errh...

Egg and cheese english muffin with butter, salt, and spinach- this is in a league of its own, and you'll be CRAZY not to put this first. Scrambled eggs = Eggs over-easy > Lean HAM > Cinnamon toast crunch > the rest. In addition, you'll be committing a big mistake by putting Corn Flakes without blueberries over any of the other choices. Good luck!

I was a prelim intern at UCSD last year and if you are looking for an IM PD that is genuinely interested in the best interest of the residents and their medical education, then the new PD at UCSD is NOT it. A few of the APDs are good educators and the med/peds PD is a fantastic resident advocate but the main IM PD seems way out of touch with what is going on with the housestaff and is not connected with her residents. It seemed as though several of my categorical friends who wanted to do fellowships in GI/Cards or Pulm/CC ended up staying at UCSD but they had to be their own advocates.

An assertive program director can go a very long way in terms of fellowship matches. Between two otherwise equal candidates, a last minute call from a PD telling the fellowship PD how you are the best thing since ether, can make the difference. It amazes me how there are PDs out there who are seemingly so involved (only saw them for 5 or less minutes in front of the interview group at some interviews.) Why would one want to become a PD in the first place if they don't want to be strong advocates? I doubt the pay or prestige of a job like that is so much that it would be worth it...I suppose it could be a stepping stone for become chair of medicine at some places.

Members don't see this ad :)

1. Scrambled eggs
2. Eggs over-easy
3. Lean HAM
6. Cinnamon toast crunch
7. Frosted Flakes

1. Cinnamon toast crunch.
2. Scramble eggs=eggs-over-easy (It is about personal preference, can't really go wrong.
4. Corn flakes w/ blueberries=frosted flakes. (I think cf w/ blueberries is the healthier choice here, but FF really gives you that energy rush.)
6. Corn flakes w/o blueberries
7. Sauteed spinach with blueberry muffin side
8. Lean ham. (Really this is a matter of what you want to pursue in the future. If you're concerned with getting CAD in the future, I recommend dropping the "lean" part.)

1. Scrambled eggs
2. Eggs over-easy
3. Lean HAM
6. Cinnamon toast crunch
7. Frosted Flakes

:thumbup::laugh:

This should be stickied at the top of each of the residency/specialty forums

1. Cinnamon toast crunch.
2. Scramble eggs=eggs-over-easy (It is about personal preference, can't really go wrong.
4. Corn flakes w/ blueberries=frosted flakes. (I think cf w/ blueberries is the healthier choice here, but FF really gives you that energy rush.)
6. Corn flakes w/o blueberries
7. Sauteed spinach with blueberry muffin side
8. Lean ham. (Really this is a matter of what you want to pursue in the future. If you're concerned with getting CAD in the future, I recommend dropping the "lean" part.)

Corn flakes eater here, and would like to reorganize the current list with Corn flakes w/ blueberries >> CTC>Spinach=ham=eggs. I assure you that corn flakes eaters have a much higher quality of life with all doors open to them in the future. My data is backed up by Kellogg's nutrition label. I'm just curious why you think Cinnamon Toast Crunch is number one, ScaredSchizzles. Don't mean to be passive aggresive, but please post your references.

1. Scrambled eggs
2. Eggs over-easy
3. Lean HAM
6. Cinnamon toast crunch
7. Frosted Flakes

I question your judgment by having a relatively anonymous internet board decide what you eat. You should eat whatever you want. And take your SO into account, because I bet s/he has a preference as well.

Ok, so going back to asking for help which was completely overshadowed by the breakfast joke...can anyone provide any info between rush and ut-houston? It would help not only me, but also ImMaster who is also seeking advice b/t these two programs. :oops: