Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
People's, just let it go. Look forward to having better lives and improving what you have now.

Honestly, be grateful that you're in college and you made it this far. The fact that we will get an undergraduate degree puts us in the top 5% of the entire country in terms of education.

It's not like we're gonna quit right? Just keep looking ahead. Enjoy right now. I know it's difficult, but just try to be occupied with other things.

Reactions: 1 users
People's, just let it go. Look forward to having better lives and improving what you have now.

Honestly, be grateful that you're in college and you made it this far. The fact that we will get an undergraduate degree puts us in the top 5% of the entire country in terms of education.

It's not like we're gonna quit right? Just keep looking ahead. Enjoy right now. I know it's difficult, but just try to be occupied with other things.
well, you just killed this thread

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
well, you just killed this thread

If you look at the earlier posts in this thread, I was pretty anxious about not getting II's as well. I still am, but I realized there's better things I could be doing. And I'm doing them.

So maybe if I can help empower someone to move on and focus on other things, that will get us all relaxed about the future. Anyone who is on this website on this thread waiting to enter a career in medicine will probably be very successful in their life, so why not feel happy about where we are and look forward to whatever comes next?

Bring on the II's please. Radio silence out here

Reactions: 2 users
I kinda wanna know by when should i start worrying? By October?

i mean we can all start worrying starting today but i've heard if no II's by november, it is kind of gg

Is it less worrying if I submitted all my secondaries like August 20th, so its only been less than a month?

24 secondaries submitted (late aug/early sept). 0 news (well, except a LOR request from Mayo)... I know it's soon, but let's get this party started!!! [non-trad, phd, mcat 522, gpa 3.5, canadian]

24 secondaries submitted (late aug/early sept). 0 news (well, except a LOR request from Mayo)... I know it's soon, but let's get this party started!!! [non-trad, phd, mcat 522, gpa 3.5, canadian]
I have a feeing with a 522 you will be fine. Nice score! Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys.. my clinical experiences aren't too hot (shadowing is actually not allowed in the canadian province i'm from -- there's an official stance put out by the college of physicians and surgeons), and i have the whole canadian thing counting against me... but yes, it should help. *cross fingers*

I kinda wanna know by when should i start worrying? By October?

I think end of October you should start feeling nervous, end of November you should feel extremely nervous, and end of December you should cry into your pillow. More than you have been.

Out of curiosity, do most of the IIs come out in September-October? It seems like that's the time period people are telling us to "watch out for IIs" because that's when the majority of people get their invites?

Or is it more of a "if you don't get it by october, then panic because it really has been awhile" thing?

As far as I can tell, it seems like more of the former. Generally, stellar students who apply really early are the ones getting IIs in July and August. That leaves the rest of us normal folk for IIs "later" in the cycle.

As far as I can tell, it seems like more of the former. Generally, stellar students who apply really early are the ones getting IIs in July and August. That leaves the rest of us normal folk for IIs "later" in the cycle.

Oh I hope you're right about this.

The idea of waiting so long is unpleasant... Fingers crossed I'm a gem and I don't even realize it! ;)

How old are you?

For the past month I haven't been stressed or discouraged. But for the past week, I have suddenly became anxious and inpatient. Come on medical schools, you got to show me some love!

try to stay patient and positive. one of my friends got an II in january to her top choice school, even though she said she had given up on that school and thought she had no shot, she ended up getting in there

It's been about a month or so of being complete for me and I'm already losing my mind. I should have applied in July

It's been about a month or so of being complete for me and I'm already losing my mind. I should have applied in July

I submitted my primary just a few minutes after AMCAS opened on June 2nd of the long year of 2015.

I"m experiencing total silence on the MD front as well. It basically doenst matter. Its a crapshoot. The competition is too strong in the MD world. Plus at this point, I pretty much have my sights set on my DO cycle which is going much better.

I wonder if I'm just mediocre. For example, the admissions office gets an awesome candidate. Two weeks later, interview. They get an awful candidate, two weeks later they reject.

Maybe this 6+ week wait is them like, "Maybe we'll take this student. Eh, let's see what else is in the batch."

:(

I wonder if I'm just mediocre. For example, the admissions office gets an awesome candidate. Two weeks later, interview. They get an awful candidate, two weeks later they reject.

Maybe this 6+ week wait is them like, "Maybe we'll take this student. Eh, let's see what else is in the batch."

Actually I think thats exactly whats happening with all of the "silence" candidates.

That assumes that they have time to sift through everyone before sending out any IIs/rejections. They definitely have methods of isolating crazy applicants (checked off URM or military service, super high stats) but beyond that it takes a long time to actually review each application. Mid-September a lot of schools probably just haven't gotten to yours yet.

Complete silence besides screened secondaries from Mayo/UCSF and completion emails from all my other 23 schools. Patience, patience, patience...dammit I want some good new meow!

Yea I'm happy I got those just as a "Primary app did not have any red flags on it" sort of test, but hopefully I (and many others on this thread) will be seeing some II's in the next couple of weeks. I also longingly watched my girlfriend go through the PhD application process and besides being wildly successful, her response times from application submission to II to acceptance was only like 3 months total. Granted ik her program did not have nearly as many applicants as med school, but here's to hoping that some school bites soon!

Yea I'm happy I got those just as a "Primary app did not have any red flags on it" sort of test, but hopefully I (and many others on this thread) will be seeing some II's in the next couple of weeks. I also longingly watched my girlfriend go through the PhD application process and besides being wildly successful, her response times from application submission to II to acceptance was only like 3 months total. Granted ik her program did not have nearly as many applicants as med school, but here's to hoping that some school bites soon!

There are just so many applicants in the 66-69 LizzyM range that are applying to all the same low tier MD schools.

The applicants who are geniuses and only apply to top tier and mid tier MD schools dont really have this problem.

Sigh.....

There are just so many applicants in the 66-69 LizzyM range that are applying to all the same low tier MD schools.

The applicants who are geniuses and only apply to top tier and mid tier MD schools dont really have this problem.

Sigh.....

I applied to my fair share of "low tier" MD schools, but even with my 66-69 Lizzym, still seeing some love from those schools. Through in some mids and tops too.

When should we start worrying >.<, I read on another post that 1/2 of the interviews have been assigned.

Ya I haven't heard anything either. 38 3.6 and I am really starting to freak out.