Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Happy Friday night to everyone on SDN!:soexcited::hello::banana:

Nothing makes you feel more accomplished than e-mailing the dean of admissions and hitting that precious submit button for that next subsequent secondary, you 've been sitting for a month on filling out the priority ones... may be I will get a chance somewhere else;)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully with everyone being back in school now, we'll get information faster!
Still considering adding another school or two....
Glad I ignored a certain someone's advice about not applying to WVU, since i got an II.

Reactions: 1 users
If it helps, i'm in the same boat as you. I was complete at most schools between July 21st and 27th and haven't heard anything from any of them. I have above average stats and above average ECs and letters. And still nothing. It is definitely making me a bit crazy to see all of these other applicants get IIs, sometimes within a week of submitting their secondaries. I'm doing my best to keep perspective and trust what everyone is saying, that the bulk of the IIs are yet to come. (although Tulane being full through January is quite distressing).

Good luck, i hope you hear good news soon! And until we do hear good news, at least we aren't getting rejections.
k I got a Tulane ii today and they date they offered was Oct so idk where you get Jan from! Hang in there

Congrats! I got January from the fact that everyone on that board w recent IIS were saying that the only dates avail were in Jan. That's very encouraging to hear, though. And i received my first II today, so im a bit less desperate now!

Congrats! I got January from the fact that everyone on that board w recent IIS were saying that the only dates avail were in Jan. That's very encouraging to hear, though. And i received my first II today, so im a bit less desperate now!
Lucky you! Congrats and do not be nervous! you will get in! :)

Hang in there, people. I hadn't heard anything for a month until today and then BOOM – II from one of my top choices (HMS)
So don't obsess over the day to day waiting, get off SDN if it makes you anxious! Good luck!!

Reactions: 5 users
Hang in there, people. I hadn't heard anything for a month until today and then BOOM – II from one of my top choices (HMS)
So don't obsess over the day to day waiting, get off SDN if it makes you anxious! Good luck!!
Oh, s***:soexcited:! My applications mentor is from Harvard! Kill that interview!

I would like to thank my lovely committee. Was I done with everything forever ago? Yes. Was I not considered complete until recently because my LOR's were tied-up? Yes.

I'm going to go hyperventilate, check my email every hour, and wonder in a paranoid stupor if one of my LOR writers secretly hated me and has been wanting to sabotage my med school chances with a nasty letter. Or if I seemed insincere in my personal statement and everyone has found out I'm secretly a lizard person.

Reactions: 2 users
I would like to thank my lovely committee. Was I done with everything forever ago? Yes. Was I not considered complete until recently because my LOR's were tied-up? Yes.

I'm going to go hyperventilate, check my email every hour, and wonder in a paranoid stupor if one of my LOR writers secretly hated me and has been wanting to sabotage my med school chances with a nasty letter. Or if I seemed insincere in my personal statement and everyone has found out I'm secretly a lizard person.
oops, it seems that there would be an another shooting... of pre-health committee:wacky:

oops, it seems to be there would be an another shooting... of pre-health committee:wacky:
Well, people who don't have to go through them are already getting interviews and rejections at a lot of places. I think schools should start their process earlier in the year so that the committee letter is done earlier in the cycle. For borderline candidates like me, being extremely early would be best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, people who don't have to go through them are already getting interviews and rejections at a lot of places. I think schools should start their process earlier in the year so that the committee letter is done earlier in the cycle. For borderline candidates like me, being extremely early would be best.
You are still ok, timeline-wise! *Hug* Just submit your secondaries!

Been complete at most schools since the end of July. No IIs, no rejections, no holds, just silence. The only positive news I have received so far is getting UCSF's secondary and Mayo's LOR request, both of which may end up being unfruitful anyways.

Hopefully September will bring good news and allow me to groove.

Reactions: 1 user

I just want the next month done with.

Reactions: 17 users
and everyone has found out I'm secretly a lizard person.

I think that would help your chances. After all, this whole country is ran by lizard people.

Still silence from my schools. Nonetheless, I just scored a sweet research gig at a top med school, so I'll be fairly occupied for awhile worrying whether or not I'm impressing my colleagues.

I6I9gtt.jpg

Been complete at most schools since < August 5 and over a month for some schools. LizzyM 67-70, otherwise pretty good everything else. First and last time (that MCAT expiration date), ~non-trad applicant. Who feel with me?

Reactions: 4 users
Another week of complete silence :(

Yup sounds about right. Really not sweating it yet though...I have absolutely no reason to think so, but I believe atleast one of the 24 schools I casted a line out to will bite!

I have to say, hat off to avgn... first interview is from Harvard. Lol.

People, I just got my first II! Hopefully this is just the start of many more to come. Thanks for being so supportive :)

Reactions: 6 users
I'm not worried that I don't have any interviews yet.

That being said, last night I had a dream that Tufts sent me an e-mail saying that my application was so strong that I don't have to interview, I'm just accepted. That was pretty *****y to wake up from.

Thats so funny because last week I had a dream that I interviewed at UCSD and killed it and was accepted. It was one of those dreams where you really believe it and feel the emotion of it all. It was one of the happiest feelings I have ever had (sad that one of the happiest moments of my life was in a dream). Waking up was brutally disappointing

Second rej.. U of wisc oos. Congrats to all in this thread who got the II!

I've finally gotten my first II, and at my dream school! It really is true that they come when you least expect them. I was walking across the quad with my co-worker when I got the email and I literally screamed. It was a great moment. I hope you all get to experience that moment soon!

Reactions: 9 users
Anybody else sending themselves "test" emails from a different email account just to assure themselves their email is capable of receiving emails?

I'd even take a rejection right now if it meant knowing something.

Anybody else sending themselves "test" emails from a different email account just to assure themselves their email is capable of receiving emails?

No, you're probably losing your mind. You should go outside and play

Go out and eat or just hang out with buddies for a few hours!

I usually get 2-3 junk mail emails a day. To not get a single email in over ten days is unnerving.

when were u complete bud? how about we just go around and say our dream schools? I'd say my realistic top reach would be dartmouth or emory

This has prompted me to unsubscribe from so much spam after a decade of ending up on every mailing list ever lol

Reactions: 3 users
Folks, it's only the beginning of September, way too early to start stressing out about this.

I got my first II in the middle of September, one in November, and another in February. Whatever happens was meant to happen, just sit tight.

I would say wait until the end of November to start worrying about II's and then start sending out Letters of Interest if you're still stuck on 0.

Submitted my primary on 7/3, submitted all my secondaries <1 week after receiving them, and now, over a month after being complete at all of the schools I'm applying to, I got my first II. To say I'm ecstatic would be an understatement.

Have faith people, this is a waiting game.

Out of curiosity, do most of the IIs come out in September-October? It seems like that's the time period people are telling us to "watch out for IIs" because that's when the majority of people get their invites?

Or is it more of a "if you don't get it by october, then panic because it really has been awhile" thing?

Received my second rejection yesterday. Oh well, 17 more schools to hear back from. At least I love my job during my gap year

I'm so desperate to hear back from the 30 schools I applied to, I almost want to see a rejection.

Reactions: 6 users
Keep your chins up everyone! It's always darkest before the dawn.

For the past month I haven't been stressed or discouraged. But for the past week, I have suddenly became anxious and inpatient. Come on medical schools, you got to show me some love!

Reactions: 3 users
It can be a long wait... In the 2012/2013 cycle my earliest II was December, being complete in September (2 more II in FEB)... ultimately only waitlists. :/

Complete early AF this application cycle. No IIs. No rejections. One hold (well suny upstate I didn't even wanna go to you in the first place and I'm not just saying this cause you put me on hold :p)

I think the next batch of interview days (for Jan- Mar) comes out early december.