Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sigh, no IIs still... I hope I get to update this post soon

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
super duper quiet on the applications front *tick tock, tick tock*

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea for me it's silence on both the MD and DO fronts...

Hey guys, was a "no II'er" until yesterday when I got my first one! Keep your heads up and keep powering through, the cycle is still young! :)

Reactions: 10 users
Guess no news is good news....he..he..he... *cries
Had state school submitted 8/19 (day I got MCAT) and nothing but crickets.

Last edited:
It's almost October (aka peak month). Let us join hands and perform the II rain dance. I'll be head shaman.

Reactions: 17 users
Doing a rain dance and joining hands.

Reactions: 2 users
It's almost October (aka peak month). Let us join hands and perform the II rain dance. I'll be head shaman.

Joining the rain dance. I think I feel rain drops. Oh wait no, those are just tears.

Reactions: 16 users

Lol! It actually rained where i am at! Gj guys!

What do you mean? october peak month for what?

Reactions: 1 user
Lol! It actually rained where i am at! Gj guys!

What do you mean? october peak month for what?
It's pure speculation. But from what I've seen in past threads, October-November seem to be the busiest months for invites/interviews/acceptances at many schools. Got to wrap alot of things up before the holiday admissions crawl. Those who have early acceptances will also be more selective of their interview dates as well during this October-November period, opening up more interview slots for others.

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you do? Smile? Cheer? Call your mother?

Was actually sitting next to my gf on the way to Frank Pepe's pizza in New Haven ( I was visiting her) and I checked my phone and was sooo happy! I also called my mom and dad :p

OK Ill update too...2 rej ...no II's..PITT just had a brutal rejection wave...
Applied to 24 schools, complete at most at the end of August.
0 II, 3 rejections, including one from Pitt just now

OK Ill update too...2 rej ...no II's..PITT just had a brutal rejection wave...

Didn't receive a rejection from Pitt but did get an email about their MSTP program... weird.

Edit: my committee letter didn't get uploaded until 9/14 so maybe I am just in the next big wave haha

rg6zx.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
For some reason, I'm really looking forward to the day when @NotASerialKiller gets his first II. I like it when people who are not serial killers
get rewarded for their model behavior.

Reactions: 9 users
As a reapplicant, my advice to those in this situation is to just relax. Go out and have some fun, go hiking, and do stuff with your life. Don't let life pass you by, interviews come when you least expect them, and you don't want to burn yourself before even starting preparing for the interview. Applying to medical school is a marathon and you don't want to burn yourself out before the finish line.

hahaha this is so true! I received an II on a Sunday morning while I was sleeping...so anything can happen.

chiming in, non traditional, also still no II. Complete everywhere mid-July, could only apply to 7 schools (all in NY area) for family reasons so pretty much know I'm gonna have to reapply...ugh. Just waiting for the rejections to roll-in.

22 secondaries in, nothing but silence. Trying to keep my mind off of it for now, but it's no easy task. Good luck everyone, we'll know our fates soon enough.

Reactions: 2 users
2 rejections so far, everyone else is silent for the past 5+ weeks (I believe) that I have had my apps complete . . . Hoping my home state gives me some love, my two rejections so far were far away.

I'd prefer to live close to home but I wouldn't mind going to school far away rather than get in nowhere . . .

Holy cow, hadn't thought about that movie for years until I saw your account. It was one of my favorite movies growing up, so thanks for the reminder haha!

"Bass sets ............... and sets ................ and sets again"

No II's was really hoping for one this week...:(

Try 0 II's for two years straight. Hoping for some II's in what is my third app cycle, but currently at 0.

Why do you think no II for the other two cycles?

Try 0 II's for two years straight. Hoping for some II's in what is my third app cycle, but currently at 0.

Have you tried DO? It is painful to go through the application process 3 years straight... Go talk to someone / or post your profile for Goro or LizzyM for advice.

Have you tried DO? It is painful to go through the application process 3 years straight... Go talk to someone / or post your profile for Goro or LizzyM for advice.
I've applied DO as well. I got 1 II on that end, but I've submitted to like 5 schools so far.

I'm also waiting. Not patiently though. I just want an II so I can be near-positive I'm not a surprise leper (weird LOR issue or whatever else...)

haha
same.. ive submitted 27 between mid aug and now, so it's a bit too early.. so far 0 II and 0 rejections.

Penn state and hofstra are my top choices, and I hope I get a II from at least one. I got a rejection from Mayo, but that was my fault, in that I overreached. I guess I'll get something in October perhaps.

Just silence..have a nice weekend..