Official 2016-2017: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After being waitlisted at my only II in September, I am declaring II bankruptcy
1dp1lo.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Podiatry makes you want to love Katie Holmes? Curious...
Everything makes me want to jump on sofas awkwardly and laugh hysterically. I should get it checked out. But I spent my remaining insurance at the meme clinic.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Straight up got an reminder email from one of my state schools telling me that Dec 1 is the deadline. Come on y'all, I've had everything in by August. They dirty for giving me these mini heart attacks.

Creighton does a "happy holidays" email. And then a "We are excited about your continued interest in Creighton" email. Prepare yourselves. It's evil.

:(

jk God bless all of you. Seriously hope yall get invites.
I have II's. I originally started posting here to support Baratheon, but then Meme Magic Monday happened.

That being said, I am on a bit of an II drought

Reactions: 6 users
First time posting here...

Submitted AMCAS 9/17. Submitted secondaries to USF, FAU, FIU, UF, FSU, UCF, Phoenix, Tucson, UCSD, and UNLV.

2.98 undergraduate GPA.
3.53 Masters in Medical Sciences GPA.

507 MCAT.

Haven't received a single II and I'm about to just apply DO and PhD.

Word.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users

Submitted AMCAS 9/17. Submitted secondaries to USF, FAU, FIU, UF, FSU, UCF, Phoenix, Tucson, UCSD, and UNLV.

2.98 undergraduate GPA.

507 MCAT.

Word.

Just curious, given your stats, why didn't you apply DO at the beginning of the cycle?

Well, figured it was time to post here! Applied to 23 schools, 4 rejections, 0 II so far. I have a Lizzy ~69 (low uGPA, but high masters GPA), a couple publications, and some interesting experiences. Hopefully something comes my way soon, we will see! Not giving up quite yet but definitely starting to think about my options for next year.

bf73196327b409d12c214e9994de369e.jpg

3 months later, no II's. Hey schools -

tumblr_m3fiw1q08m1ro9phro1_r1_500.gif

Just curious, given your stats, why didn't you apply DO at the beginning of the cycle?

I'm an URM that's also a first generation high school, college and Masters graduate with some decent ECs and some publications. I barely even knew how to apply to medical school and had no idea what a DO was until recently...

Plus, I've worked full time since I was in high school.

So, that's why I'm hoping for an II or focusing on the PhD since I really like research as much as medicine.

I would do terrible things to get a II at this point

Members don't see this ad :)
My school specific threads today:

c5f6r.jpg

Would it be appropriate for me to ask for a recommendation from someone I shadowed twice over the past few weeks? It probably wouldn't be able to say much, but it would show that I have more clinical experience... something I think has been holding me back. Any thoughts?

Would it be appropriate for me to ask for a recommendation from someone I shadowed twice over the past few weeks? It probably wouldn't be able to say much, but it would show that I have more clinical experience... something I think has been holding me back. Any thoughts?
I don't see any value in it. If it is for next cycle build some rapport so you can get a better letter.

Reactions: 1 user

2.98 undergraduate GPA.

507 MCAT.

Word.

I think it would be in your best interest to apply to a healthy amount of DO schools.

Welp. Another Monday full of nothingness.
img_6788-jpg.210605

Attachments

• IMG_6788.JPG
    IMG_6788.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 522
Reactions: 9 users
I'm at the point where I get a little burst of excitement every night before sleeping because I know that tomorrow morning could be the glorious morning...

Reactions: 8 users
I'm at the point where I get a little burst of excitement every night before sleeping because I know that tomorrow morning could be the glorious morning...
Have you tried regularly sacrificing meme's in this thread?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Of course I know what it feels like to receive a II
tenor.gif

Reactions: 9 users
Did I really want an II today?

3oz8xtulOyujvm03ny.gif

Reactions: 7 users
But don't worry - I've got plan B:

GdF7frn58WQEM.gif

I think I'm jumping on the no II bandwagon.

Applied 20 MDs
LizzyM 70
0 IIs (because really who wants one anyway)
3 rejects
2 hold

Patiently, very patiently, waiting.....

Reactions: 4 users
1 + 1 = 2. But why is II=0? I dont understand.

Y'all ready to reap the benefits of meme Monday?

Y'all ready to reap the benefits of meme Monday?
I think the II gods will be mighty pleased from all of our efforts. There will be a flood of IIs this week that will engulf us all.

Reactions: 4 users
Side note: I hope you are all going out to vote, if you have not already :)

Is that a thing?. I have never experienced it in my working life.

I have never experienced it either..maybe it's just wishful thinking. But I've heard people talking about how it SHOULD be a thing. I know there are many corporations that give people time off. Some people may have the day off if their workplace is also a polling place

I have never experienced it either..maybe it's just wishful thinking. But I've heard people talking about how it SHOULD be a thing. I know there are many corporations that give people time off. Some people may have the day off if their workplace is also a polling place
Australia has some pretty strict laws regarding this coupled with fines they have voter turnout in the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.