Official 2016-2017: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironic considering you have more interviews then me. Im just here fore the meme magic man, to make this thread Great Again with some unbelievable memes.
This thread is going to be YUGE.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Since, I still have no interview invites, I am plotting my app improvements for the next cycle. The MCAT is certainly a weak area for me. I self studied the first time and that clearly didn't work out too well. What MCAT prep programs do you guys recommend?
I self studied but used a study schedule to keep myself on track. Another thing that seemed to be very helpful was regularly taking full length practice MCAT tests. This allowed me to keep my motivation up, since I knew I would be tested at regular intervals and to keep track of where I was improving and what I needed to work on. What did your study regime look like this time around? Were you following some plan and how much time did you give yourself?

I self studied but used a study schedule to keep myself on track. Another thing that seemed to be very helpful was regularly taking full length practice MCAT tests. This allowed me to keep my motivation up, since I knew I would be tested at regular intervals and to keep track of where I was improving and what I needed to work on. What did your study regime look like this time around? Were you following some plan and how much time did you give yourself?
To piggy back off of this, go read the 510+ scorer or 30+ scorer thread. There is lots of good advice. Lots of full length simulated testing is how I got better. I would recommend the same.n=1.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Believe in the meme magic guys. It worked for me and it could work for you and is totally not snake oil.

Reactions: 5 users
I used the Exam Krackers books and studied for like two months, full time. I think I focused too much on content review and not enough practice tests. I didn't follow any plan. I think a longer, more structured study plan would help me improve. I will probably end up doing the Kaplan course too for the test taking skills.

Gotcha. Yeah I used examcrackers primarily too. I also utilized some of the next step materials but ended up not having enough time to go through most of the material from them that I had. The schedule I used is this one, just adjusted to a slightly different time schedule. I think consistently taking practice exams and then taking the time to review what I got right/wrong in each one and studying those concepts really helped.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...e-mcat-2015-100-days-to-mcat-success.1101251/
I used the Exam Krackers books and studied for like two months, full time. I think I focused too much on content review and not enough practice tests. I didn't follow any plan. I think a longer, more structured study plan would help me improve. I will probably end up doing the Kaplan course too for the test taking skills.

Since, I still have no interview invites, I am plotting my app improvements for the next cycle. The MCAT is certainly a weak area for me. I self studied the first time and that clearly didn't work out too well. What MCAT prep programs do you guys recommend?

I read the Princeton Review Books and they were okay, just not the best. I scored a 494 with them...

But, I studied Khan Academy for a only week and scored a 507 and that's what worked best for me.

If I don't get in this cycle with that, I can only imagine how great I could do with three months of consistent studying for it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Believe in the meme magic guys. It worked for me and it could work for you and is totally not snake oil.

CONGRATULATIONS! I'VE BEEN ROOTING FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgive me, But I declare II bankruptcy.
4289476.jpg
Are you me?

I've been slacking on my spicy meme artisanship so I'll lean on you to carry us both.

Last edited:
do II come on weekends? bc yo boi is still checking his email at 8 am on saturdays hahahaha :) MED SKOOL Y U DO DIS TO ME :'(

Reactions: 7 users
Are you me? Me are you?

I've been slacking on my spicy meme artisanship so I'll lean on you to carry us both.

We are one. One are we. I just came back out of retirement for some quick memeing, the application may end, but memes are forever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This may be one of the very few times in my life when I actually look forward to Mondays simply because of the II possibility

Reactions: 5 users
Took a peek through his history and it seems he got at least one from a DO school. I'm glad. He deserves a shot.
He is going to mess up that interview hard talking about ethnic cleansing or some crap. I hope he does well though.

Reactions: 10 users
Oh my I think you guys are right! Good for him for at least trying to get back to us lol. Keep trying Baratheon! We are all rooting for you.

I was gone from this thread only for a few weeks and now I see memes on every page.
meme-about-memes.jpg

Holy Molly, I think you're right. He has to be baratheonfire/Maggi. The sly rascal he almost got away with it too!
RIP in spaghetti for the second time

What causes people to get banned on this site?
Making alternate accounts while your account is on hold.

(But I sill love you Baratheon!)

Was angry man another incarnation?

Well I mean yeah... Eve kind of ruined the whole thing.
I wonder if SDN has IP banning capabilities. I wonder if Baratheon has IP spoofing capabilities. He need to do it the ol'fashioned way low level comment farming for a week or two.

I wonder if SDN has IP banning capabilities. I wonder if Baratheon has IP spoofing capabilities. He need to do it the ol'fashioned way low level comment farming for a week or two.
Baratheon if you're out there, hide behind 7 boxxys proxies

Baratheon if you're out there, forget about SDN and just focus on getting into med school. Good luck!

I propose we launch lanterns with baratheon's MCAT score on them on the Chinese new year in his honor.

Baratheon, you may not be within the rules, but you're within our hearts

Reactions: 4 users
And so we approach the week of Thanksgiving. Mixed feelings: stoked because Thanksgiving is my fav holiday but dreading because of the unofficial rule AND having to explain to my entire extended family that I still don't have any interviews on this second time applying to med school!
uuuggghhhh

I know most of my friends and coworkers have my best interest at heart, but

1ek637.jpg

Reactions: 16 users
chiming in here...hoping for some luck!

Magic Meme Monday Check In:

rejected from GT

Stay tuned for more after your regularly scheduled memes

Status
Not open for further replies.