**Official 2023 Ortho PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if most programs require applicants to have passed INBDE prior to their respective PASS deadlines?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if most programs require applicants to have passed INBDE prior to their respective PASS deadlines?
All the programs I looked into do not require you to pass it before the PASS deadline. Actual deadlines vary between programs but they range from October to by matriculation.

I think it is a good idea to reach out to them, but I would probably just confirm that your application is complete and not mention the TRAP meeting. The TRAP meeting is essentially a course that they conduct with the residents that they let the applicants watch - the applicants give a quick 5-10 second intro at the beginning but it really seems like something that it is truly just for the applicants to get to know their program, not for them to decide which applicants to interview. If you are invited to a TRAP meeting this summer, for whatever reason, I wouldn't come to the conclusion that you aren't going to get an interview there. I could be wrong, but that was the impression that I got about the meeting. When did you send in your application? I wonder if they finished that course before you submitted your final app and supplementals. Again, I wouldn't worry about it too much if you have all of your materials in by the deadline.
I have reached out and they told me my app is complete. I submitted my app in June. I guess it’s part of the interview process and they’re eliminating applicants early on. Oh well haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is a good idea to reach out to them, but I would probably just confirm that your application is complete and not mention the TRAP meeting. The TRAP meeting is essentially a course that they conduct with the residents that they let the applicants watch - the applicants give a quick 5-10 second intro at the beginning but it really seems like something that it is truly just for the applicants to get to know their program, not for them to decide which applicants to interview. If you are invited to a TRAP meeting this summer, for whatever reason, I wouldn't come to the conclusion that you aren't going to get an interview there. I could be wrong, but that was the impression that I got about the meeting. When did you send in your application? I wonder if they finished that course before you submitted your final app and supplementals. Again, I wouldn't worry about it too much if you have all of your materials in by the deadline.
Are you a current resident?

I have reached out and they told me my app is complete. I submitted my app in June. I guess it’s part of the interview process and they’re eliminating applicants early on. Oh well haha
I just reached out to a resident there and I was definitely wrong on that one - I could have sworn that I had heard that all applicants were invited. I took down that post - really sorry about that.

UCLA and UCSF both require you to pass the INBDE by their PASS deadline or else your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed/considered for an interview

UCLA and UCSF both require you to pass the INBDE by their PASS deadline or else your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed/considered for an interview
Do you know if this is the case for UIC too?

Did you call and ask? Wondering where you got this information from?

Reactions: 1 user
LOL that is incorrect. This screenshot is directly from UCSF’s website.

Attachments

• 500387DD-7B48-4800-BE5A-691C06B772D6.jpeg
    500387DD-7B48-4800-BE5A-691C06B772D6.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 170
What about UCLA tho? I can't seem to find where they stand on the INBDE score deadline on their website or passweb page...

What about UCLA tho? I can't seem to find where they stand on the INBDE score deadline on their website or passweb page...
I’m not too sure - I didn’t apply there!

Last edited:
So from my experience of submitting my applications early is that I have received emails from both schools stating my application was "incomplete" because I did not submit my INBDE scores and would not be considered for an interview if I did not have the scores by the due date. I explained to UCSF that their website says otherwise and I haven't heard back. UCLA just told me the same thing on Monday. I can show SS of the emails if you want lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Was it established that San Antonio has sent out invites?
I don’t think it was - the discussion was mainly about the TRAP seminar and if every applicant gets invited to it.

Has anyone heard from Oklahoma, SA, or Iowa yet? Is it just me or are invites getting sent out later this year compared to last year?

So from my experience of submitting my applications early is that I have received emails from both schools stating my application was "incomplete" because I did not submit my INBDE scores and would not be considered for an interview if I did not have the scores by the due date. I explained to UCSF that their website says otherwise and I haven't heard back. UCLA just told me the same thing on Monday. I can show SS of the emails if you want lol
hm I didn’t get that email from UCSF but I haven’t taken my INBDE yet either.. was it an automated message?

For the NYU application, when I log onto the NYU portal, the status for my PASS transcripts still says "awaiting" even though they have been received by ADEA PASS. Is anyone else having this issue?
Having this same issue and can't get anyone on the phone/respond to emails inquiring about this. Anybody have the same problem?

Hmm looks like the ADEA PASS page is down...it's been that way for me since last night. Anyone else experiencing this too? I'm guessing it's high traffic time before the Aug 15 deadline

Hmm looks like the ADEA PASS page is down...it's been that way for me since last night. Anyone else experiencing this too? I'm guessing it's high traffic time before the Aug 15 deadline
Yes, I called them too freaking out because at one point I couldn't login at all and when tried to reset it said my email wasn't registered, so I was told to just try again as they were having server issues and it worked a few hours later.

• Wow
Do schools normally send you emails and confirm completion of your application?

I have not heard anything back from:
Howard, Maimonides, Texas A&M, Louisiana State Univ, Univ of Texas San Antonio, and Univ of Texas Houston.

*also nothing from loma linda univ

Last edited:
Do schools normally send you emails and confirm completion of your application?

I have not heard anything back from:
Howard, Maimonides, Texas A&M, Louisiana State Univ, Univ of Texas San Antonio, and Univ of Texas Houston.
I didn’t receive a confirmation email from those programs either. I’m considering sending an email and asking them for confirmation.

Just wanted to let y’all know that Oklahoma has not filled up their interview slots. I emailed and asked about it.

I didn’t receive a confirmation email from those programs either. I’m considering sending an email and asking them for confirmation.

Just wanted to let y’all know that Oklahoma has not filled up their interview slots. I emailed and asked about it.
I should do the same.
However, for Maimonides, the number provided is simply the number for the dental school, as if we were to schedule an appointment. A contact email is also not provided. So I am stumped.

For the NYU application, when I log onto the NYU portal, the status for my PASS transcripts still says "awaiting" even though they have been received by ADEA PASS. Is anyone else having this issue?
I had the same issue so I called the admissions office. They helped resolve it by changing the status from "awaiting" to "waived"!

I emailed the schools. Texas A&M just confirmed today via email that my application was complete.

Mayo sent out interviews today! Virtual on 9/30

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
UTSD accepts up to 3 of their students (out of 7 residents) so obviously percentage wise that’s a lot. The upcoming class has 3/7 from UTSD and the class before that had 2/7 from UTSD. I can’t speak for the other schools, although I did interview at San Antonio and I think only one of the residents there was from their dental school but don’t quote me on that.

Would you mind sharing what your stats were like?

1. ??(email) University of Oklahoma
2. ??(email) University of Texas San Antonio
3. 8/16 (email) Mayo Clinic 9/30 Virtual
San Antonio sent out interview invites? I thought they only sent out the invite to their seminar so far

Last edited:
N
San Antonio sent out interview invites? Did someone post that and I missed it? :oops: I thought they only sent out the invite to their seminar so far
No they have not sent out interview invites. Only seminar.

Did anyone submit any supplemental fee or materials for Saint Louis University? I couldn't find any required materials/fee to be sent, although I saw for last year's applicants there was supposedly a fee? Thanks!

Did anyone submit any supplemental fee or materials for Saint Louis University? I couldn't find any required materials/fee to be sent, although I saw for last year's applicants there was supposedly a fee? Thanks!
I didn’t submit anything. There’s no mention of a supplemental application or fee on the program page on PASS.

When I was applying I wrote a list in a notebook of which schools I was applying to, their fee, any supplemental/extra stuff they needed, the physical addresses and email addresses of where everything extra had to be sent, etc. and DUE DATES for all of the above. Then I could cross things off as I finished them.
Hello! I did the same, did an excel sheet where I wrote deadlines, program director’s names and supplemental documents. Do you have an idea when they are going to send invitations?

Hello! I did the same, did an excel sheet where I wrote deadlines, program director’s names and supplemental documents. Do you have an idea when they are going to send invitations?
Based on the threads from last year and the year before, it seems like most schools send out invites in September... waiting around is making me so anxious

Reactions: 3 users
Yep, very few will send them in August but most go out in September. If you look at the first page of this thread a few posts from the top, I copied and pasted the timeline from last year!

I don’t remember ever seeing where they required DAT scores?
It was on their PASS program page, but the fact that there were no instructions on how to get them the scores makes me question if they are really needed

Reactions: 2 users
It was on their PASS program page, but the fact that there were no instructions on how to get them the scores makes me question if they are really needed
And on their website, there is no mention of it.

Iowa invited today for an in-person social on the 13th of October and interviews the next day!

Iowa invited today for an in-person social on the 13th of October and interviews the next day!
1. ??(email) University of Oklahoma
2. ??(email) University of Texas San Antonio, TRAP seminar invites sent out
3. 8/16 (email) Mayo Clinic 9/30 Virtual
4. 8/19 (email) Iowa , In-person social 10/13 and interview 10/14

Reactions: 2 users
I don't see Oklahoma or Iowa anywhere on the PASS application?
Several schools like Oklahoma, Iowa, Marquette, and others participate in the match but not PASS, you have to apply directly from their program websites.

Has anyone applied to a school that has asked to mail in GRE scores? I can’t figure out how to do so!

Has anyone applied to a school that has asked to mail in GRE scores? I can’t figure out how to do so!
I just went to the ETS-GRE page. And went to my scores. Printed the page out and sent them in a Manila envelope with the rest of the requested documents.