-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official 2023 Ortho PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**
Started by Dandoonboy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
All the programs I looked into do not require you to pass it before the PASS deadline. Actual deadlines vary between programs but they range from October to by matriculation.Does anyone know if most programs require applicants to have passed INBDE prior to their respective PASS deadlines?
I have reached out and they told me my app is complete. I submitted my app in June. I guess it’s part of the interview process and they’re eliminating applicants early on. Oh well hahaI think it is a good idea to reach out to them, but I would probably just confirm that your application is complete and not mention the TRAP meeting. The TRAP meeting is essentially a course that they conduct with the residents that they let the applicants watch - the applicants give a quick 5-10 second intro at the beginning but it really seems like something that it is truly just for the applicants to get to know their program, not for them to decide which applicants to interview. If you are invited to a TRAP meeting this summer, for whatever reason, I wouldn't come to the conclusion that you aren't going to get an interview there. I could be wrong, but that was the impression that I got about the meeting. When did you send in your application? I wonder if they finished that course before you submitted your final app and supplementals. Again, I wouldn't worry about it too much if you have all of your materials in by the deadline.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are you a current resident?I think it is a good idea to reach out to them, but I would probably just confirm that your application is complete and not mention the TRAP meeting. The TRAP meeting is essentially a course that they conduct with the residents that they let the applicants watch - the applicants give a quick 5-10 second intro at the beginning but it really seems like something that it is truly just for the applicants to get to know their program, not for them to decide which applicants to interview. If you are invited to a TRAP meeting this summer, for whatever reason, I wouldn't come to the conclusion that you aren't going to get an interview there. I could be wrong, but that was the impression that I got about the meeting. When did you send in your application? I wonder if they finished that course before you submitted your final app and supplementals. Again, I wouldn't worry about it too much if you have all of your materials in by the deadline.
I just reached out to a resident there and I was definitely wrong on that one - I could have sworn that I had heard that all applicants were invited. I took down that post - really sorry about that.I have reached out and they told me my app is complete. I submitted my app in June. I guess it’s part of the interview process and they’re eliminating applicants early on. Oh well haha
orthoqueen11
New Member
UCLA and UCSF both require you to pass the INBDE by their PASS deadline or else your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed/considered for an interviewDoes anyone know if most programs require applicants to have passed INBDE prior to their respective PASS deadlines?
UKtoUSdentist
New Member
Do you know if this is the case for UIC too?UCLA and UCSF both require you to pass the INBDE by their PASS deadline or else your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed/considered for an interview
Did you call and ask? Wondering where you got this information from?UCLA and UCSF both require you to pass the INBDE by their PASS deadline or else your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed/considered for an interview
LOL that is incorrect. This screenshot is directly from UCSF’s website.UCLA and UCSF both require you to pass the INBDE by their PASS deadline or else your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed/considered for an interview
Attachments
What about UCLA tho? I can't seem to find where they stand on the INBDE score deadline on their website or passweb page...LOL that is incorrect. This screenshot is directly from UCSF’s website.
I’m not too sure - I didn’t apply there!What about UCLA tho? I can't seem to find where they stand on the INBDE score deadline on their website or passweb page...
Last edited:
orthoqueen11
New Member
So from my experience of submitting my applications early is that I have received emails from both schools stating my application was "incomplete" because I did not submit my INBDE scores and would not be considered for an interview if I did not have the scores by the due date. I explained to UCSF that their website says otherwise and I haven't heard back. UCLA just told me the same thing on Monday. I can show SS of the emails if you want lolLOL that is incorrect. This screenshot is directly from UCSF’s website.
Was it established that San Antonio has sent out invites?
dandoonpezz
Full Member
I don’t think it was - the discussion was mainly about the TRAP seminar and if every applicant gets invited to it.Was it established that San Antonio has sent out invites?
Has anyone heard from Oklahoma, SA, or Iowa yet? Is it just me or are invites getting sent out later this year compared to last year?
hm I didn’t get that email from UCSF but I haven’t taken my INBDE yet either.. was it an automated message?So from my experience of submitting my applications early is that I have received emails from both schools stating my application was "incomplete" because I did not submit my INBDE scores and would not be considered for an interview if I did not have the scores by the due date. I explained to UCSF that their website says otherwise and I haven't heard back. UCLA just told me the same thing on Monday. I can show SS of the emails if you want lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CanadianBro
New Member
What date was the invitation sent out?Oklahoma sent invites out already
Having this same issue and can't get anyone on the phone/respond to emails inquiring about this. Anybody have the same problem?For the NYU application, when I log onto the NYU portal, the status for my PASS transcripts still says "awaiting" even though they have been received by ADEA PASS. Is anyone else having this issue?
Hmm looks like the ADEA PASS page is down...it's been that way for me since last night. Anyone else experiencing this too? I'm guessing it's high traffic time before the Aug 15 deadline
Did Alabama ever answer your question about the DAT?I'm struggling with this as well. Emailed Alabama asking a couple days ago and still no response.
UKtoUSdentist
New Member
Yes, I called them too freaking out because at one point I couldn't login at all and when tried to reset it said my email wasn't registered, so I was told to just try again as they were having server issues and it worked a few hours later.Hmm looks like the ADEA PASS page is down...it's been that way for me since last night. Anyone else experiencing this too? I'm guessing it's high traffic time before the Aug 15 deadline
Do schools normally send you emails and confirm completion of your application?
I have not heard anything back from:
Howard, Maimonides, Texas A&M, Louisiana State Univ, Univ of Texas San Antonio, and Univ of Texas Houston.
*also nothing from loma linda univ
I have not heard anything back from:
Howard, Maimonides, Texas A&M, Louisiana State Univ, Univ of Texas San Antonio, and Univ of Texas Houston.
*also nothing from loma linda univ
Last edited:
dandoonpezz
Full Member
I didn’t receive a confirmation email from those programs either. I’m considering sending an email and asking them for confirmation.Do schools normally send you emails and confirm completion of your application?
I have not heard anything back from:
Howard, Maimonides, Texas A&M, Louisiana State Univ, Univ of Texas San Antonio, and Univ of Texas Houston.
Just wanted to let y’all know that Oklahoma has not filled up their interview slots. I emailed and asked about it.
I should do the same.I didn’t receive a confirmation email from those programs either. I’m considering sending an email and asking them for confirmation.
Just wanted to let y’all know that Oklahoma has not filled up their interview slots. I emailed and asked about it.
However, for Maimonides, the number provided is simply the number for the dental school, as if we were to schedule an appointment. A contact email is also not provided. So I am stumped.
I had the same issue so I called the admissions office. They helped resolve it by changing the status from "awaiting" to "waived"!For the NYU application, when I log onto the NYU portal, the status for my PASS transcripts still says "awaiting" even though they have been received by ADEA PASS. Is anyone else having this issue?
I emailed the schools. Texas A&M just confirmed today via email that my application was complete.I didn’t receive a confirmation email from those programs either. I’m considering sending an email and asking them for confirmation.
Just wanted to let y’all know that Oklahoma has not filled up their interview slots. I emailed and asked about it.
It’s staying virtual, that’s interesting. I wonder what the other programs will do.Mayo sent out interviews today! Virtual on 9/30
Yes they said to email scores to [email protected]Did Alabama ever answer your question about the DAT?
Sorry for the late reply!
UTSD accepts up to 3 of their students (out of 7 residents) so obviously percentage wise that’s a lot. The upcoming class has 3/7 from UTSD and the class before that had 2/7 from UTSD. I can’t speak for the other schools, although I did interview at San Antonio and I think only one of the residents there was from their dental school but don’t quote me on that.
Would you mind sharing what your stats were like?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ToothDocRuby
New Member
I don’t remember ever seeing where they required DAT scores?Yes they said to email scores to [email protected]
Sorry for the late reply!
San Antonio sent out interview invites? I thought they only sent out the invite to their seminar so far1. ??(email) University of Oklahoma
2. ??(email) University of Texas San Antonio
3. 8/16 (email) Mayo Clinic 9/30 Virtual
Last edited:
N
No they have not sent out interview invites. Only seminar.San Antonio sent out interview invites? Did someone post that and I missed it? 😳 I thought they only sent out the invite to their seminar so far
Did anyone submit any supplemental fee or materials for Saint Louis University? I couldn't find any required materials/fee to be sent, although I saw for last year's applicants there was supposedly a fee? Thanks!
dandoonpezz
Full Member
I didn’t submit anything. There’s no mention of a supplemental application or fee on the program page on PASS.Did anyone submit any supplemental fee or materials for Saint Louis University? I couldn't find any required materials/fee to be sent, although I saw for last year's applicants there was supposedly a fee? Thanks!
merci~I didn’t submit anything. There’s no mention of a supplemental application or fee on the program page on PASS.
Hello! I did the same, did an excel sheet where I wrote deadlines, program director’s names and supplemental documents. Do you have an idea when they are going to send invitations?When I was applying I wrote a list in a notebook of which schools I was applying to, their fee, any supplemental/extra stuff they needed, the physical addresses and email addresses of where everything extra had to be sent, etc. and DUE DATES for all of the above. Then I could cross things off as I finished them.
Based on the threads from last year and the year before, it seems like most schools send out invites in September... waiting around is making me so anxiousHello! I did the same, did an excel sheet where I wrote deadlines, program director’s names and supplemental documents. Do you have an idea when they are going to send invitations?
Yep, very few will send them in August but most go out in September. If you look at the first page of this thread a few posts from the top, I copied and pasted the timeline from last year!Hello! I did the same, did an excel sheet where I wrote deadlines, program director’s names and supplemental documents. Do you have an idea when they are going to send invitations?
It was on their PASS program page, but the fact that there were no instructions on how to get them the scores makes me question if they are really neededI don’t remember ever seeing where they required DAT scores?
And on their website, there is no mention of it.It was on their PASS program page, but the fact that there were no instructions on how to get them the scores makes me question if they are really needed
CanadianBro
New Member
Anyone get an interview invite from Iowa yet??
1. ??(email) University of OklahomaIowa invited today for an in-person social on the 13th of October and interviews the next day!
2. ??(email) University of Texas San Antonio, TRAP seminar invites sent out
3. 8/16 (email) Mayo Clinic 9/30 Virtual
4. 8/19 (email) Iowa , In-person social 10/13 and interview 10/14
Jamesxxixx45
Full Member
I don't see Oklahoma or Iowa anywhere on the PASS application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Several schools like Oklahoma, Iowa, Marquette, and others participate in the match but not PASS, you have to apply directly from their program websites.I don't see Oklahoma or Iowa anywhere on the PASS application?
Jamesxxixx45
Full Member
What other schools are like this?Several schools like Oklahoma, Iowa, Marquette, and others participate in the match but not PASS, you have to apply directly from their program websites.
It should be posted on AAO website but off the top of my head the others are Montefiore, Loma Linda, Maryland, Rochester, and the Canadian programs. Not sure which of those participate in the Match or not. Check here- Universities | AAO MembersWhat other schools are like this?
stylinistamtt
Full Member
Has anyone applied to a school that has asked to mail in GRE scores? I can’t figure out how to do so!
ToothDocRuby
New Member
I just went to the ETS-GRE page. And went to my scores. Printed the page out and sent them in a Manila envelope with the rest of the requested documents.Has anyone applied to a school that has asked to mail in GRE scores? I can’t figure out how to do so!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 409
- Views
- 180K
- Replies
- 86
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 238
- Views
- 45K
- Replies
- 784
- Views
- 338K