This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What did you do for the 350 hours of internship?

For the teaching music/coaching, I think a Teaching category is a good idea.
I was helping with indigenous language revitalization work, working directly with speakers and communities. We did things like help create dictionaries and other culturally informed educational materials (especially for kids) and host community events.

sounds good for the teaching, thanks!
 
I was helping with indigenous language revitalization work, working directly with speakers and communities. We did things like help create dictionaries and other culturally informed educational materials (especially for kids) and host community events.
You'd have the option of including this activity in the same Teaching space as the others.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No. List it as Teaching. The activity had an educational focus when you created the materials that you did.
Okay, so are you saying that none of my volunteering actually counts as non-clinical volunteering? There's no angle I can take on any of these to make sure it's explicitly labeled in my application?
 
Okay, so are you saying that none of my volunteering actually counts as non-clinical volunteering? There's no angle I can take on any of these to make sure it's explicitly labeled in my application?
You said "Chief of volunteer campus EMS. I rebuilt it from pretty much the ground up. Tons of admin, training, mentoring, community outreach, etc. It was 2 years and ~800 hours, the bulk of it non-medical. I also received a major campus award for my service to the community."

This is your Community Service-Not Medical/Clinical, which you would title as Award-Winning Chief of Volunteer Campus EMS.
 
You said "Chief of volunteer campus EMS. I rebuilt it from pretty much the ground up. Tons of admin, training, mentoring, community outreach, etc. It was 2 years and ~800 hours, the bulk of it non-medical. I also received a major campus award for my service to the community."

This is your Community Service-Not Medical/Clinical, which you would title as Award-Winning Chief of Volunteer Campus EMS.
Okay amazing. Thank you so much for bearing with me and for the helpful advice!!