**Official Class of 2021 Thread** !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone feel like their brain is rotting? im a trad student but taking mostly non-science classes all senior year to graduate. maybe im a nerd i straight up miss listening to lectures and learning science. i was gifted najeeb's lectures and was thinking about downloading a couple lectures and maybe a couple leisure books for a plane ride im going on lol
It's oozing out of my ears at this point. I've been out of school for a year and a half now. But, I stayed up until 2:30 playing vidja games last night, and I'm living it up while I can. Pursue your interests at your leisure, but don't over do it.
Some mental atrophy is good at this point. You've earned it.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
22323329.jpg
I really enjoy the original of that image. Something about the expression of the seal really (for lack of a better word) seals it for me

I really enjoy the original of that image. Something about the expression of the seal really (for lack of a better word) seals it for me

Attachments

• IMG_4118.JPG
    IMG_4118.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone feel like their brain is rotting? im a trad student but taking mostly non-science classes all senior year to graduate. maybe im a nerd i straight up miss listening to lectures and learning science. i was gifted najeeb's lectures and was thinking about downloading a couple lectures and maybe a couple leisure books for a plane ride im going on lol
Non science classes really were a waste of my time in college. I didn't learn nuffin

Reactions: 1 users
It's oozing out of my ears at this point. I've been out of school for a year and a half now. But, I stayed up until 2:30 playing vidja games last night, and I'm living it up while I can. Pursue your interests at your leisure, but don't over do it.
haha dont get me wrong im enjoying life before med school. binging video games, coasting senior year classes, traveled to europe during the summer and going abroad again for jan break and probably again in the summer. but i genuinely feel like my academic habits have gone to sh**

Reactions: 1 user
I had a dream I was accepted to my top choice :love: Last time this happened I was accepted to that school a few days later. Fingers crossed I'm able to dream of the future.

SMP programs and Caribbean medical schools after the DO policy change

7554.png

Reactions: 6 users
Guys, I can't handle the wait :arghh: My top choice/only local choice sends out acceptances really late

My SO is waiting on acceptances to another program and the suspense is killing me. I actually don't know how we're going to get through this month.

Guys, I can't handle the wait :arghh: My top choice/only local choice sends out acceptances really late

My SO is waiting on acceptances to another program and the suspense is killing me. I actually don't know how we're going to get through this month.
I'm in the same boat. Been waiting from the only MD schools I interviewed at for what feels like forever.

I'm in the same boat. Been waiting from the only MD schools I interviewed at for what feels like forever.
I don't get why it sometimes takes so long. One of the schools I interviewed at literally had a decision in my email the next morning. I loved them so much for that

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't get why it sometimes takes so long. One of the schools I interviewed at literally had a decision in my email the next morning. I loved them so much for that
Wow that's some awesome turn around time haha. I'm just glad its starting to come to a end. I should hopefully be hearing back sometime soon haha.

Same here. I am unsuccessfully trying to focus on other things in the meantime.

I have never been happier to be part of this thread and not be stuck in that dumpster fire that is happening in the pre-osteo forum with the grade replacement policy being removed

Reactions: 10 users
Also been out for 1.5 years. I lived it up those first few months after graduation but the past year has been a major drag. So weird how in grade school going to school is annoying, but now many of us wish we were back in school after just a short time out.

Also been out for 1.5 years. I lived it up those first few months after graduation but the past year has been a major drag. So weird how in grade school going to school is annoying, but now many of us wish we were back in school after just a short time out.

Oh, I miss it for sure. I alternate between making myself enjoy the lack of responsibility and yearning for stimulation, haha. I'm so excited for 6 months from now

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else still in their senior year of undergrad? I go back for my last semester in 2 weeks and have the worst senioritis. The thought of even being on my undergrad campus makes me want to vomit, never mind sitting through the pointless classes I need to graduate lol.

Reactions: 7 users
Is anyone else still in their senior year of undergrad? I go back for my last semester in 2 weeks and have the worst senioritis. The thought of even being on my undergrad campus makes me want to vomit, never mind sitting through the pointless classes I need to graduate lol.
Yerp..... loathing it so much

I have never been happier to be part of this thread and not be stuck in that dumpster fire that is happening in the pre-osteo forum with the grade replacement policy being removed
Yeah so ****ty, I wonder how many hard working non SDNers are also being affected... I don't know but it really sucks

Ugh yeah going back tomorrow to suffer through a semester of 2 history classes and computer science, should be thrilling. A lot of my pre-med friends are younger than me and are starting to freak out about summer internships and the mcat and blah blah and I'm just like ...i don't wanna hear those words anymore bye if you need me I'll be in bed

Anyone else get their background check email?? So official...

It's all happening:soexcited:

Anyone else get their background check email?? So official...

It's all happening:soexcited:
Yep, got that email yesterday, and got the completed report today. It's weird that a background check email got me so excited! Haha

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Yep, got that email yesterday, and got the completed report today. It's weird that a background check email got me so excited! Haha

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
hahah same! i mean we have nothing to hide! check it all out, listen to my boring phone calls, I don't care! lol

Is when the background check gets initiated school dependent? Now I'm worried because I haven't gotten anything lol.

Yep, I believe it's school dependent/ This is the beginning of the background check email:

"Dear Karabo,

You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants and waiting list applicants. Please note that the requesting medical school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting medical school's admissions requirements..."

Yep, I believe it's school dependent/ This is the beginning of the background check email:

"Dear Karabo,

You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants and waiting list applicants. Please note that the requesting medical school will be notified if consent is not provided, and that failure to provide consent may result in failing to meet the requesting medical school's admissions requirements..."

Didn't we already consent to the background check when we applied? AMCAS hasn't sent me anything about starting it.

Just completed my background check! So official!

Didn't we already consent to the background check when we applied? AMCAS hasn't sent me anything about starting it.

Did you still not get it? I didn't either and called AMCAS and they said I should have gotten one with fall acceptances, then I called Certiphi, who said I was sent one, but they resent it to me successfully.

Did you still not get it? I didn't either and called AMCAS and they said I should have gotten one with fall acceptances, then I called Certiphi, who said I was sent one, but they resent it to me successfully.

What's the Certiphi number you called? Thanks

+1. I still haven't gotten the email yet either and was accepted in beginning of December- is that too late to have gotten it now?

If it makes you feel better, I got an acceptance in October and still haven't gotten the email lol

Reactions: 5 users
What's the Certiphi number you called? Thanks
I called 888-260-1370, but they rolled me to another department, I think the number is 1-800-260-1680, either should work though!

If it makes you feel better, I got an acceptance in October and still haven't gotten the email lol

Yeah, same here, AMCAS said I definitely should have gotten the email by now, so I would call.

Called. They resent the email. Still didn't get it. We have a problem Certiphi
Resent? Wow, the nerve of Certiphi. Well guess what? I resent you, Certiphi!

Reactions: 4 users
Oh no...I was accepted in Nov and haven't gotten it either! I'll call tomorrow!

Called certiphi again, who now say they didn't receive a background check request from AMCAS on my behalf, so called AMCAS and the rep said AMCAS staff is out of office until next week but they'll call me Monday to see what they can figure out.

Ugh.

Does anyone know if the background check will be dispersed to all your schools, or will you receive an individual email for each school?

Does anyone know if the background check will be dispersed to all your schools, or will you receive an individual email for each school?
The background check will be disbursed to all schools where you have gained an acceptance.

I received mine Thursday evening but it is still 'in process'.

I think everyone that hasn't received the background check email can chill...I'm sure it's sent out at different times depending on the school that accepted or waitlisted you.

I think everyone that hasn't received the background check email can chill...I'm sure it's sent out at different times depending on the school that accepted or waitlisted you.

Yeah, I wondered if this was the case. It's possible that AMCAS only contacts certiphi to begin the background check process after a school you're accepted at first asks them for the background check info. Perhaps for some of us, our acceptances haven't initiated the process yet.

I got mine this morning as well. Had a little trouble finding and filling in all of my previous addresses before my session timed out and I had to do it all over again.

I got mine this morning as well. Had a little trouble finding and filling in all of my previous addresses before my session timed out and I had to do it all over again.
In case anyone else has this problem, it's perfectly fine to submit without all of your addresses (trust me, they will find them).

I couldn't remember a specific house number from long ago and sure enough, it was on my finalized report. Do the best you can and they'll figure out the rest.

In case anyone else has this problem, it's perfectly fine to submit without all of your addresses (trust me, they will find them).

I couldn't remember a specific house number from long ago and sure enough, it was on my finalized report. Do the best you can and they'll figure out the rest.

Yeah, I got through the first five and just sort of gave up. I've lived in too many places.

Yeah, I got through the first five and just sort of gave up. I've lived in too many places.

Oh thank God I'm not the only one with this problem. I only filled out six and I've been worried the past few days that somehow this would be used to revoke my med school acceptances.