Official Doctor Who WW Redux Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I :love: Gerard Butler. So whatever part he is from I'm good with. lol

The exception to the rule....and he has good teeth

Members don't see this ad.

Why does this have to be so uncommon? Teeth are so important...

I ask myself that on a regular basis....esp considering they have free healthcare....

Members don't see this ad :)
Ehh, the free healthcare in AB doesn't cover the dentist. Maybe it's different over there. Under my parent's insurance plan it is covered, but I'm still surprised with how little people care.

Ehh, the free healthcare in AB doesn't cover the dentist. Maybe it's different over there. Under my parent's insurance plan it is covered, but I'm still surprised with how little people care.

Yeah...it's the same as the hospitals...private ones and NHS ones exist
Our generation seems to be a little bit better than previous is what I have found though....

Ooooh Scottish....

I could listen to Rory McCann all day.

Brb gonna watch GoT.

Good dog, good dog.

Uggh but the books are SO MUCH BETTER. SO. MUCH. BETTER. So glad I read them before I started watching. I feel like certain story arcs have been completely abandoned or otherwise ****** up by the writers.

/rant

I prefer Paul McGillion, the guy who plays Dr. Carson Beckett on Stargate Atlantis. :love:

And I agree, the books SO MUCH BETTER!

Oh lord, do NOT get me going on GoT. Pretty sure the books will never be finished - ol' Georgey already had to tell the TV people the ending in the event of his death - and if they are, they'll be rushed and awful because the TV people will be impatient and push him to get them done so they can keep doing the shows.

I read all the books out and won't watch the shows. I'm curmungeony like that :\

Oh lord, do NOT get me going on GoT. Pretty sure the books will never be finished - ol' Georgey already had to tell the TV people the ending in the event of his death - and if they are, they'll be rushed and awful because the TV people will be impatient and push him to get them done so they can keep doing the shows.

I read all the books out and won't watch the shows. I'm curmungeony like that :\

I watch youtube clips if scenes I'm interested in (and how they did these scenes is what made me go blah) and have read many critical reviews(made me even less likely to watch it) and that's it. I refuse to watch an actual episode too. Yay curmudgeon friend!

Movies and TV never do any story full justice, anyway. I'm That Person at the movies that's always like, "The book was better."

Except Ender's Game. At least it would take me less time to sit through a movie than try to force myself through the book.

Movies and TV never do any story full justice, anyway. I'm That Person at the movies that's always like, "The book was better."

Except Ender's Game. At least it would take me less time to sit through a movie than try to force myself through the book.
That book is super short.

Members don't see this ad :)

I totally think the book was better for Ender's Game. :p

In case anyone missed it, vote for FFM!!

A vote for me is a vote against tyranny.

However, I for one, do not want a self-proclaimed panda running our glorious country.

***Note, video is for entertainment purposes only... do not read anything into this... I am neither confirming your mayor is or is not the master, nor am I confirming that the master is even the main villain in this game... this was just such a perfect you tube video for this event****

So, I said the voting was secret and private... never said the results would be... And for those of you who thought that there was going to be some shady business. I would like to note that only 1 of you picked up on my vote early and vote often line and ACTUALLY VOTED OFTEN! It actually didn't make any difference in the results:

Your Mayor, with 8 people voting for her, and a total of 12 votes (she did vote for her self 5 times, sorry, not accepting your "I vote for myself 75X"):

Foxhunter! (Other votes for her were from Cyndia, Allie, Swings, Dwin, Alors, FS, and EC).

Second place tie for WS (WS, Domenic, SOV, FF)
and FFM (FFM, Dyachei, LIS, Cuitl)

Honorable mention to JDH (JDH and Lupin).

The rest of the votes were single votes, including FML (FML), Devyn (Samoa), Dyachei (Devyn), LIS (WTF), Chillbo (Chillbo), Hedgie (Hedgie), TRH (wildcatj) and Samoa (TRH, despite anti-campaigning).

It is now Night 1. Please send in your night time actions, deadline is 8am EST. I am up all night doing my transplant research, so if everything comes in I can end it early, but if things don't get in until 8am, results might be delayed a bit, but the deadline will stay firm.

Feels so weird to be playing again. I don't have any more exams after Thursday before Thanksgiving (YAY!!!) but I might not be super active until after then. But I shall try my best!

Also I've been watching the 5th season of Doctor Who. So good! I think that's when it really starts to pick up personally. Some of the earlier episodes (of the re-do) are a little slow in my opinion. The second half of the 7th season is where I originally started when it was on TV and I've been trying to work my way up to there.
So, I may actually be a good source of info for this game.

Well hello everyone. First of all, I would like thank all the citizens of this universe, parallel universes, and bubble universes for electing me, foxy, to represent them as Prime Minister. I assure you I am a force for good, who will gladly fight to protect the citizens of this universe. I would also like to commend my opponents on running wonderful campaigns (FFM- I extend to you a piece of bamboo, WS- I've got some morphine for your leg, everyone else- I will bake you cookies next time you are in my state). So let's get to it. Let's explore all corners of time and the universe in order to rid ourselves of wolves!

Reactions: 1 users
All vital role pm's are in. I am going to give til 1am EST for things anyone debating on whether or not to use their optional powers to do so, then I will close it out.

Well hello everyone. First of all, I would like thank all the citizens of this universe, parallel universes, and bubble universes for electing me, foxy, to represent them as Prime Minister. I assure you I am a force for good, who will gladly fight to protect the citizens of this universe. I would also like to commend my opponents on running wonderful campaigns (FFM- I extend to you a piece of bamboo, WS- I've got some morphine for your leg, everyone else- I will bake you cookies next time you are in my state). So let's get to it. Let's explore all corners of time and the universe in order to rid ourselves of wolves!

Why thank you, Foxy! I return the favor and give you Air From My Lungs- Haaaaaaaaa
(though, in the future, I prefer hydrocodon-acetaminophin ;). Morphine has too many unwanted side-effects)

And wildcat- I agree!
And because I have nothing better to do, I have started watching Dr. Who again from New Season 1 on Netflix. At the rate I am going(between naps), I will be done with Season 3 by end of the week! :love:

A busy night, as the first night is bound to be.

The history was full of, well, it's history now.

I guess its early, so no one went flying thru time. People still trying to figure out their groups i suppose.

And the history books were re-written last night, and instead of saving lives in the distant future, Chillbo Baggins, aka Novice Hame, who had the medicines to cure almost any cause of death, did not see what killed her and is gone.

It is Day 2. Deadline is currently set for 8pm EST (we can possibly move this up depending on demand). Someone must pay for this death! Lynch away

Last edited: