-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Official Holiday WW Game Thread
Started by dyachei
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
we've missed you in WW
*****
*Tear* You guys actually remember me? I feel like I've been drowning in anatomy. Boo.
*****
******
oh man....reading this thread made me want to play again! I've got until early January...when's the next WW, dudes?!
Also....so stoked JDH is playing in here!
********
Still have the space madness avatar I see
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*****
*Tear* You guys actually remember me? I feel like I've been drowning in anatomy. Boo.
*****
********
abbers!!!!!!
*********
******
oh man....reading this thread made me want to play again! I've got until early January...when's the next WW, dudes?!
Also....so stoked JDH is playing in here!
********
SOV has one coming up soon that he says has some new game mechanic. I have one on deck that's somewhat random but has one single concept embedded in it that will make it ... um ... different. I think it will work well for online play, but it will probably be a smaller game because of an inherent limitation of the mechanics. Either way, I'd expect fairly steady games until at least some time after break.
Still have the space madness avatar I see
************
Turns out it was my favorite. Thanks for being a hardass and making me pick a "less cute" avatar for your game. 😍
************
************
Turns out it was my favorite. Thanks for being a hardass and making me pick a "less cute" avatar for your game. 😍
************
It's what I do . . . 😉
SOV has one coming up soon that he says has some new game mechanic. I have one on deck that's somewhat random but has one single concept embedded in it that will make it ... um ... different. I think it will work well for online play, but it will probably be a smaller game because of an inherent limitation of the mechanics. Either way, I'd expect fairly steady games until at least some time after break.
******
Someone come find me when these open!! I'll try and keep checking in, too. 😀
*****
************
😍😍😍
Abney! My lover!!!! How I have missed you!
P.S. You guys have missed a lot
Bought a new bike:
View attachment 21933
Two days later tried to cut my thumb off:
View attachment 21932
Now not able to write, do study guides, take notes, bubble in scantrons, or dissect my specimens:
View attachment 21931
************
hard core
hard core
*******
Thanks...tried real hard. ;P
Completely severed radial nerve; 80% cut through FPL tendon. Now 12 weeks in a splint.
And suddenly I'm left-handed.
And I have 113 cubic inches waiting for my return. Grr.
********
*******
Thanks...tried real hard. ;P
Completely severed radial nerve; 80% cut through FPL tendon. Now 12 weeks in a splint.
And suddenly I'm left-handed.
And I have 113 cubic inches waiting for my return. Grr.
********
how's the function? or no idea yet?
how's the function? or no idea yet?
************
+1!
Holy crap abbers! How the hell did you manage that?!
**************
I'm with Abney - holy crap Abbers!!
That's pretty impressive, when it comes to chopping off your appendages! 😉
That's pretty impressive, when it comes to chopping off your appendages! 😉
how's the function? or no idea yet?
************
+1!
Holy crap abbers! How the hell did you manage that?!
**************
*********
Believe it or not: unloading my dishwasher. Literally 15 minutes from departure to ride my new bike (and the hub on his, of course) 5 hours home for the holiday.
I decided to be nice to our house sitters and not leave them stinky dishes in the sink. I'm midair with a drinking glass and apparently I Hulk'd it: Boom.
Whole time in the ER I was like, "sew it up so I can ride!"
Function, hopeful ( since only 80% lac through tendon), though it will most likely always be numb. Been in PT since 2 days post op. 12 weeks til we know for sure if I can use it/write again. 🙁
***********
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
******************************
SIGN-UPS FOR NEXT WW GAME ARE UP (since you asked.... I delivered
********************************
SIGN-UPS FOR NEXT WW GAME ARE UP (since you asked.... I delivered
********************************
********************
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:cry:
****************
***********************************
Sorry kd - I tried 🙁
Hey Ab and abber!! Man, abber, I hope your thumb heals fast and that you get normal function back. PS - Love the bike 😍
Oh, and I would like to come back to life now. Thank you.
************************************
results are pending.
A scuffle is heard in Whoville but no one is found hurt. Some of the citizens look dazed.
A crashed sleigh is found in the woods. It doesn't look repairable.
FTB returns to her grave. Orcagirl takes her place
Whoville:
1. lissarae -villager
2. swingnsave - oogie boogie
3. wldlfstdnt - villager
4. The LIS
5. Foxhunter
North Pole:
1. zany - villager
2. DVMD
3. orcagirl - ghost of Christmas Past
4.tropictuco - Ebenezer Scrooge
5. Krist - villager
Island of Misfit Toys:
1. kakuru - villager
2. wolfspeaker - villager
3. equineconstant - villager
4. T4C - villager
5. EngrSC - villager
Polar Express:
1. jdh
2. FFM - Rudolph
3. FTB - professor hinkle
4. devyn
5. SOV
London - Muppet Version:
1. Philliab - villager
2. nohika - Frosty
3. kaydubs - villager
4. SnS - villager
5.hedgie - The Grinch
6.Packen - villager
Lynch deadline is 7:30 pm
A crashed sleigh is found in the woods. It doesn't look repairable.
FTB returns to her grave. Orcagirl takes her place
Whoville:
4. The LIS
5. Foxhunter
North Pole:
2. DVMD
Island of Misfit Toys:
Polar Express:
1. jdh
4. devyn
5. SOV
London - Muppet Version:
2. nohika - Frosty
Lynch deadline is 7:30 pm
I don't suspect we are going to get any new information.. so let's try this again.
lynch JDH
lynch JDH
lynch jdh
Heading into a 3 hour lab, will check in when done.
Heading into a 3 hour lab, will check in when done.
I had Santa's List last night. I've since lost it. The results told me every time I went to SOV's name I got distracted because someone was putting on a private magic show for me.
So...who blocked me? 🙂 Or can SOV avoid investigation by distraction?
So...who blocked me? 🙂 Or can SOV avoid investigation by distraction?
******************************
******************************************
-----hughughug - I forgive you, Packen. Not your fault you go wolfed!***********************************
Sorry kd - I tried 🙁
Hey Ab and abber!! Man, abber, I hope your thumb heals fast and that you get normal function back. PS - Love the bike 😍
Oh, and I would like to come back to life now. Thank you.
************************************
oh, how I wish I could comment......I had Santa's List last night. I've since lost it. The results told me every time I went to SOV's name I got distracted because someone was putting on a private magic show for me.
So...who blocked me? 🙂 Or can SOV avoid investigation by distraction?
******************************************
Plurality reached, results pending
A hunting party finds JDH near the wrecked sleigh. They shoot him full of lead and hang his head over the feasting table.
You have killed jdh, the reincarnation of Rudolph
You have killed jdh, the reincarnation of Rudolph
*****************
come on villagers. play better.
*****************
come on villagers. play better.
*****************
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*****************
come on villagers. play better.
*****************
******
Word
Good luck
But I think the wolves now have this one in the bag
******
*****************
come on villagers. play better.
*****************
******************
They are being mega daft!!!!!! MEGA!!!!!!
I agree with jdh, they are toast 🙁 🙁
******************
A scuffle is heard in Whoville but no one is found hurt. Some of the citizens look dazed.
The lack of a kill is because I was attacked last night, so no worries about yet another possible conversion. I do not intend to reveal why I wasn't killed, other than to say "suck eggs, wolves." 😉
A hunting party finds JDH near the wrecked sleigh. They shoot him full of lead and hang his head over the feasting table.
You have killed jdh, the reincarnation of Rudolph
Sure wish that hadn't gone to plurality so fast so I could have veto'd, which was my plan if he got lynched. Sigh.
To whoever is left that *isn't* a wolf, I hope you will put my earlier claim of restoring the role of Rudolph together with the info above regarding JDH's death and realize that hey, LIS is a flippin' villager. Yes, I assigned the role to Jdh because, at the time, I had reason to believe (correctly, as it turns out, though it was as much educated guess as much as informed knowledge) that he was a villager. And, I figured that with all the arguing he and I did early on in the game, the wolves wouldn't guess I had put the role there if they investigated me and knew I had that capability.
Six of us left. Since three wolves would mean the game is over, we know we have one or two wolves. So unless they have a way to kill two people, we ought to have one more lynch after tonight? (Because if there's 2, we have 4 villagers, 2 wolves, which would leave us 3 villagers and 2 wolves for tomorrow's lynch?)
******************
They are being mega daft!!!!!! MEGA!!!!!!
I agree with jdh, they are toast 🙁 🙁
******************
Uh huh.
Guess you should have helped out more when you were alive.
I'm alive!!! Woohoo! lynch jdh
Your welcome. I had the hat last night. I really wanted to bring Lissa back just to see her post something like "Ha ha ha wolf bishes, I'm back again!" but....
*****************
come on villagers. play better.
*****************
Bah. Not like you didn't have a whole lot of opportunities. 🙂
Two thoughts...
1) I am pissed at JDH... I don't understand why he was so opaque with the every other night investigation thing, and the constant harping on killing the seer. I had promised myself to stick to lynching Nohika, who I continue to believe was the wolves best conversion target, until he went mental.
2) I am now highly suspicious of Foxhunter. Doesn't it seem just a bit too convenient to suddenly show up at the end-game. If she hadn't been posting on SDN all over the place, I could have accepted a "life intervenes" excuse, but now..... It reeks of a wolfish strategy to just stay away until the critical part of the game. JDH had a good point in "if the 3 of us are clear, then who are the wolves, and what is their game" or something like that.
And I finally understand the wolves killing pattern. they have killed all the less controversial players...leaving us all to turn on each other whilst Foxhunter was never an option because she was harmless.
Anyway, I am off to errands and then work. Will check back in later.
1) I am pissed at JDH... I don't understand why he was so opaque with the every other night investigation thing, and the constant harping on killing the seer. I had promised myself to stick to lynching Nohika, who I continue to believe was the wolves best conversion target, until he went mental.
2) I am now highly suspicious of Foxhunter. Doesn't it seem just a bit too convenient to suddenly show up at the end-game. If she hadn't been posting on SDN all over the place, I could have accepted a "life intervenes" excuse, but now..... It reeks of a wolfish strategy to just stay away until the critical part of the game. JDH had a good point in "if the 3 of us are clear, then who are the wolves, and what is their game" or something like that.
And I finally understand the wolves killing pattern. they have killed all the less controversial players...leaving us all to turn on each other whilst Foxhunter was never an option because she was harmless.
Anyway, I am off to errands and then work. Will check back in later.
Two thoughts...
1) I am pissed at JDH... I don't understand why he was so opaque with the every other night investigation thing, and the constant harping on killing the seer. I had promised myself to stick to lynching Nohika, who I continue to believe was the wolves best conversion target, until he went mental.
2) I am now highly suspicious of Foxhunter. Doesn't it seem just a bit too convenient to suddenly show up at the end-game. If she hadn't been posting on SDN all over the place, I could have accepted a "life intervenes" excuse, but now..... It reeks of a wolfish strategy to just stay away until the critical part of the game. JDH had a good point in "if the 3 of us are clear, then who are the wolves, and what is their game" or something like that.
And I finally understand the wolves killing pattern. they have killed all the less controversial players...leaving us all to turn on each other whilst Foxhunter was never an option because she was harmless.
Anyway, I am off to errands and then work. Will check back in later.
i am actually harmless, but I don't blame you at all for finding me wolfy. Just thought since it was actually the end of the game I'd come back and try to help. Honestly, just assumed I'd probably been lynched awhile ago until I got an item.
Uh huh.
Guess you should have helped out more when you were alive.
Your welcome. I had the hat last night. I really wanted to bring Lissa back just to see her post something like "Ha ha ha wolf bishes, I'm back again!" but....
********************************
I can NOT wait until the end of the game to respond to both of these comments.
********************************
********************************
I can NOT wait until the end of the game to respond to both of these comments.
********************************
********************************
For the record, only because I think I might strategize if I respond now, and that is the only reason.
********************************
I was actually pretty convinced you were a villager....The lack of a kill is because I was attacked last night, so no worries about yet another possible conversion. I do not intend to reveal why I wasn't killed, other than to say "suck eggs, wolves." 😉
Sure wish that hadn't gone to plurality so fast so I could have veto'd, which was my plan if he got lynched. Sigh.
To whoever is left that *isn't* a wolf, I hope you will put my earlier claim of restoring the role of Rudolph together with the info above regarding JDH's death and realize that hey, LIS is a flippin' villager. Yes, I assigned the role to Jdh because, at the time, I had reason to believe (correctly, as it turns out, though it was as much educated guess as much as informed knowledge) that he was a villager. And, I figured that with all the arguing he and I did early on in the game, the wolves wouldn't guess I had put the role there if they investigated me and knew I had that capability.
)
But this comment has me thinking "huh?"
No one was accusing you and suddenly you are trying to prove you are a villager.
And your reason is cocked up. I mean, you made that decision ages ago, and JDH WAS attacked.... You could have easily assumed he couldn't protect himself (which is the NORMAL way protection works).
SMH.
and now I am going to work!
I was actually pretty convinced you were a villager....
But this comment has me thinking "huh?"
No one was accusing you and suddenly you are trying to prove you are a villager.
And your reason is cocked up. I mean, you made that decision ages ago, and JDH WAS attacked.... You could have easily assumed he couldn't protect himself (which is the NORMAL way protection works).
SMH.
and now I am going to work!
You daft? You miss the entire thread's worth of exchange between DVMD and I?
The point is this: We're down to that late-game last-ditch effort where we literally have no more lynches to blow. It's going to come down to what wolves love - that finger-pointing at everyone else. So I'm certainly GOING to be accused, because that's the phase of the game we're in. My reason for posting that is to say "Hey. There's going to be finger-pointing everywhere; you need to realize that the evidence substantiates my story more than whatever story our wolf/wolves are going to spin."
I'm missing your point with the protection stuff. My point was that prior to Jdh dying I revealed in the public thread that I brought the Rudolph role back and gave it to him. His death substantiates that. So when the wolf/wolves start pointing fingers, remember that my story is substantiated by public evidence. Their story won't be, most likely.
Is it really that confusing?
In anticipation of the wolves figuring out what it would take to kill me tonight .... I'm gonna say that if I were alive tomorrow and there's no real new info to be had, I think I'd probably vote to lynch SOV. FWIW to the remaining villagers. I have an actual contingent vote in with Dyachei that is somewhat more complex than that to account for overnight actions, but in general if I had to vote now, that's probably where I'd vote. I have no real idea who the wolf/wolves are (kudos to them!!), but hell - the only time SOV lives past the first few days is when he's a wolf, so that's about as good a reason as any. And he's really done nothing but stir the pot the entire game. So. Meh.
******************************************
Poor SOV.
******************************************
but hell - the only time SOV lives past the first few days is when he's a wolf
Poor SOV.******************************************
Two thoughts...
1) I am pissed at JDH... I don't understand why he was so opaque with the every other night investigation thing, and the constant harping on killing the seer. I had promised myself to stick to lynching Nohika, who I continue to believe was the wolves best conversion target, until he went mental.
2) I am now highly suspicious of Foxhunter. Doesn't it seem just a bit too convenient to suddenly show up at the end-game. If she hadn't been posting on SDN all over the place, I could have accepted a "life intervenes" excuse, but now..... It reeks of a wolfish strategy to just stay away until the critical part of the game. JDH had a good point in "if the 3 of us are clear, then who are the wolves, and what is their game" or something like that.
And I finally understand the wolves killing pattern. they have killed all the less controversial players...leaving us all to turn on each other whilst Foxhunter was never an option because she was harmless.
Anyway, I am off to errands and then work. Will check back in later.
******
I wasn't opaque. It was all very clear what I thought about it
I was skeptical of it. People say a lot of things in these games. Appealing to what people claim is an off way to play.
People need to work on their reading skills
Good luck village.
******
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ummm..... yeah, I am very confused, regret my voting so early, I would have changed it had I seen nohika's comment.... now I know to vote after the 3 hour lab.
What comment by Nohika?Ummm..... yeah, I am very confused, regret my voting so early, I would have changed it had I seen nohika's comment.... now I know to vote after the 3 hour lab.
1) Shocked I'm still alive since I haven't been active at all.
2) This game is still going on???
3) Does anyone know what the grinches heart does (can't read the thread all the way through at work...)
4) lynch jdh
I have an idea.... May I ask who you used the heart on? It may clear up a few things in my mind.
That is certainly not true. I am proud of taking the villagers to victory a number of times (DVMD's mega game comes to mind).. It helped that I was seered early this game.. I have no real idea who the wolf/wolves are (kudos to them!!), but hell - the only time SOV lives past the first few days is when he's a wolf, .
Really? Even DVMD, who is always watching me like a hawk, noted i have been relatively sedate. How have I stirred the pot? I pointed out your self-serving comment?And he's really done nothing but stir the pot the entire game. So. Meh.
That is certainly not true. I am proud of taking the villagers to victory a number of times (DVMD's mega game comes to mind).. It helped that I was seered early this game.
Really? Even DVMD, who is always watching me like a hawk, noted i have been relatively sedate. How have I stirred the pot? I pointed out your self-serving comment?
But that was early on. There's always the possibility of a conversion.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 6K
- Views
- 193K


