**Official PASS 2022 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gave up interview at UB. Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Alabama at Birmingham- Invites sent (July 19th)
Loma Linda University- Invites sent (August 13th)
University of California at Los Angeles- Invites sent (July 30th)- Spots filled
University of California at San Francisco- Invites sent (July 16th)- Spots filled

University of Southern California- Invites sent (August 2nd and 3rd)
University of the Pacific- Invites sent (July 28th)
University of Connecticut - Invites sent (July 14th and 15th) - Spots filled
Nova Southeastern University- Invites sent (July 7th, 8th and 28th)-Spots filled
University of Florida- Invites sent (July 22nd)- Spots filled
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - Invites sent (July 19th)- Spots filled

University of Illinois at Chicago- Invites sent (July 14th and 15th)
Southern Illinois- Invites sent (August 12th and 17th)
Indiana University- Invites sent (July 9th)
University of Iowa- Invites sent (July 19th)
University of Louisville- Invites sent (week of July 12th)
Louisiana State University - Invites sent (July 23rd)
University of Maryland- Invites sent (August 4th)- Spots filled
Boston University- Invites sent (July 12th 19th, 26th, 29th)
Harvard University- Invites sent (July 9th, 16th and 23rd)- Spots filled
Tufts University- Invites sent (July 12th and 19th)
University of Detroit Mercy- Invites sent (August 6th)- Spots filled
University of Michigan- Invites sent (August 3rd and 4th)
University of Minnesota- Invites sent (July 9th or 12th) - Spots filled
Saint Louis University - Invites sent (July 14th)
University of Missouri-Kansas City- Invites sent (July 22nd)
University of Nebraska- Invites sent (August 12th and 13th)
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine- Invites sent (August 2nd and 9th)
Columbia University- Invites sent (August 10th, 11th, 17th, and 18th)
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)- Invites sent (July 21st and 22nd)- Spots filled

NYU Langone Puerto Rico
New York University- Invites sent (July 21st, 22nd and August 5th)- Spots filled
Stony Brook University- Invites sent (July 22nd)- Spots filled

University at Buffalo, The State University of New York- Invites sent (September 15th and 17th)
University of North Carolina- Invites sent (TBD)

Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University- Invites sent (July 15th and 16th) - Spots filled
Oregon Health & Science University - Invites sent (June 30th or July 7th) - Spots filled
Albert Einstein Medical Center- Invites sent (July 15th) - Spots filled
Temple University- Invites sent (August 2nd and 3rd)- Spilled filled
University of Pennsylvania- Invites sent (July 30th, Aug 2nd and Aug 4th)- Spots filled
University of Pittsburgh- Spots filled
Medical University of South Carolina - Invites sent (July 15th)- Spots filled

University of Tennessee Health Science Center- Invites sent
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry- Invites sent (July 12th) - Spots filled
University of Texas at Houston- Invites sent (July 16th)- Spots filled
University of Texas at San Antonio- Invites sent (July 30th)- Spots filled
Virginia Commonwealth University - Invites sent (July 16th)- Spots filled
University of Washington- Invites sent (July 9th or 12th)- Spots filled

West Virginia University- Invites sent (August 9th)
Marquette University- Invites sent (August 11th)- Spots filled
VA New York- Invites sent (Mid July)- Spots filled

Last edited:
UB changed the director.
Will he accept internationals?

If you don’t hear anything back after an interview is it a rejection. Is it a norm for endo to not send rejection letters.

Reactions: 1 user
If you don’t hear anything back after an interview is it a rejection. Is it a norm for endo to not send rejection letters.

It varies quite a long. Some program directors will call you to let you know and give you the opportunity to talk about it, some will do the same through email, some will email you 8 months later letting you know that you’ve been rejected and others will just ghost you…

Reactions: 2 users
At this stage in the cycle, what’s the likelihood that someone from the alternate list will get called if spots have already been filled? I’ve heard some say that it happens often even up to the program actually starting, but just wanted to get some more opinions on this

At this stage in the cycle, what’s the likelihood that someone from the alternate list will get called if spots have already been filled? I’ve heard some say that it happens often even up to the program actually starting, but just wanted to get some more opinions on this
Depends on the program. Don't expect it from a program that has a stipend, those spots rarely open up

I don’t know about endo, but I personally know two people who were offered dental residency positions within a month of the start date of the program.

Anyone hear back from university of Detroit mercy, Loma Linda, university of Southern California, or university of Maryland? Are spots filled?
I feel like tinder prepared me for endo ghosting!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear back from university of Detroit mercy, Loma Linda, university of Southern California, or university of Maryland? Are spots filled?
I feel like tinder prepared me for endo ghosting!
UDM's spots are filled.

Hi everyone - as this cycle winds down, do we know if case western sent their invites out yet? Thank you!

1) Has anyone heard from Boston? just wanted to move forward and focus on other things...please anyone, it was my first choice!!
2) also anyone know anything about case western???
TIA

hello people. I'm a current GPR resident and thinking about endo residency. I've been reading directors like to see multiple years in private practice and was wondering if I should wait and apply in the 2023 cycle (and have 1 full year of private practice under my belt) or start the process now and apply for 2022 cycle (just a gpr under my belt). I have not taken the adat, have not shadowed any endodontists yet, but pretty certain I want to specialize in endo. I was in the top 30% in dental school. What would you do?

hello people. I'm a current GPR resident and thinking about endo residency. I've been reading directors like to see multiple years in private practice and was wondering if I should wait and apply in the 2023 cycle (and have 1 full year of private practice under my belt) or start the process now and apply for 2022 cycle (just a gpr under my belt). I have not taken the adat, have not shadowed any endodontists yet, but pretty certain I want to specialize in endo. I was in the top 30% in dental school. What would you do?
apply, you have nothing to lose and by the time you matriculate you will have 1yr under your belt. if you dont get in, they will see you trying again. also, they LOVE gpr's so you will already look like a much stronger applicant than any new grad!

Anyone got into UIC ? and is willing to answer few Q's
Please DM me. Will appreciate any help

Has anyone heard back yet from BU CAGS or 3 year MSD? Haven’t gotten any emails back yet after interviewing and wondering if others are experiencing the same?

Did anyone apply this year and get in straight out of dental school? If so, which program?

Hey !! I was wondering the same thing about case western ?
I have a friend who has a virtual interview there on Monday. They just told me like right now as we are texting.

Hello everyone,
I am a PGY2 Endodontic Resident in New York. I'm going to take the Canadian Endodontic Board Exam (NDSE) early next year. Was wondering if anyone has or knows someone who has taken it and willing to share their experience with me? Just general questions on the format, resources, study materials and how it relates to the American written examination. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Please message me. Thank you

I have a friend who has a virtual interview there on Monday. They just told me like right now as we are texting.
Yes, and I think they had another interview last Friday

By any chance did anyone hear back from Case Western? Please let me know, would be nice to have some closure before thanksgiving

Can we apply for federal loans for a 2 year Certificate program? Thanks.

Hey guys, lots of useful info here, thank you for that. Applying next cycle. Wanted to ask two questions - what's the best way to network for program directors without coming off as overly eager (like how do you approach these PDs without being seen as some rando). Do program directors/ADCOMs care about your case portfolio/case series?

Hi guys, just preparing for the new cycle my adat score expires in May 2022. I was wondering if I needed to give it again or would some schools consider it valid ?

Hi guys, just preparing for the new cycle my adat score expires in May 2022. I was wondering if I needed to give it again or would some schools consider it valid ?
Hi. For how long is ADAT score valid?

There is no validity. It is always valid, some schools may require you to have written it in the last 3 years prior to your application. But the 2 year validity statement you can find on google is wrong and comes from nowhere. I got this info from the ADA itself. Also, many schools seem to not care about the ADAT much, nevermind the validity of it…

Completley agree. Better to have some cases ready, but be humble about it and don't push it.
At my interview last year somehow during the conversation portfolios came up and luckily I had one made up for the endodontist that wrote me a letter of rec so definitely keep one handy.

Can anyone give feedback on my endo personal statement? please pm me!

Can anyone tell/ has rough idea what the tuition fee is for Univ. of Maryland ? I can't find on their website
Thanks