**Official PASS 2022 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmjacks5

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread for Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information for 2022. PASS opens May 13!! Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anybody know if interviews are going to be virtual or in-person this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a list of endodontic programs that typically accept residents straight out of dental school or after a 1-year AEGD/GPR?

Does anyone have a list of endodontic programs that typically accept residents straight out of dental school or after a 1-year AEGD/GPR?

Most programs will seriously consider strong applicants with a PGY-1. It's far more difficult now to get in straight out of school and you're not going to really find a "list." Historical trends likely aren't going to hold with endo being far more competitive the past few cycles than years past. In general, a new grad will have better odds at less desirable programs (e.g. 3 years and/or expensive) or programs where they have connections, obviously. IMO a PGY-1 or practice experience is a good idea anyway - make sure you actually want to be an endodontist.

Does anyone know why MUSC does not have a second class of endo residents at the moment (only first year resisents)? This would have been the class starting in 2019 so it cant be related to covid.

Does anyone know why MUSC does not have a second class of endo residents at the moment (only first year resisents)? This would have been the class starting in 2019 so it cant be related to covid.
Dr. Walia, their old chair/ director, sadly passed away during the 2019 application cycle. They did not take applicants that year.

Does anyone know when Nova application begins? Is it still May 13th even thought they dont use PASS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know for Nova, if we applied there for dental school, do we still have to create a new account or can we use our old account info for the endo application?

Does anyone know for Nova, if we applied there for dental school, do we still have to create a new account or can we use our old account info for the endo application?
No idea. I did call and they said May 3rd, however its May 5th and I still dont see it on there

Nice to see some familiar names from last year's thread although I hope this is the year we'll make it! I'll try to continue updating the list of schools as they send out interviews/acceptances. There is an old list floating around somewhere of actual dates schools sent out interviews in the past, if you want to get an idea. Things are a bit different during Covid/zoom years though. I can try and record the dates as you guys post them to have an updated list for next year as well.
Good luck to everyone! This is gonna be a wild ride!

University of Alabama at Birmingham
Loma Linda University
University of California at Los Angeles
University of California at San Francisco
University of Southern California
University of the Pacific
University of Connecticut
Nova Southeastern University
University of Florida
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ)
University of Illinois at Chicago
Indiana University
University of Iowa
University of Louisville
Louisiana State University
University of Maryland
Boston University
Harvard University
Tufts University
University of Detroit Mercy
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota
Saint Louis University
University of Missouri-Kansas City
University of Nebraska
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Columbia University
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center)
New York University
Stony Brook University
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
University of North Carolina
Case Western Reserve University
Ohio State University
Oregon Health & Science University
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Temple University
University of Pennsylvania
University of Pittsburgh
Medical University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry
University of Texas at Houston
University of Texas at San Antonio
Virginia Commonwealth University
University of Washington
West Virginia University
Marquette University
VA New York

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone having issue downloading the dental school official transcript form? PASS App says it's not required? any idea?

Anyone having issue downloading the dental school official transcript form? PASS App says it's not required? any idea?
I struggled with this last night. Change the degree to Doctor of dentistry and it pops right up! Took me way too long to figure this out!

Are we supposed to fill out the additional information section? It says for first year residency programs. Wasn't sure what that exactly meant?

Are we supposed to send official transcripts for undergrad to ADEA PASS? Under "Check status" it says they are not required? Only the dental school is?

Are we supposed to send official transcripts for undergrad to ADEA PASS? Under "Check status" it says they are not required? Only the dental school is?
We only need official dental school transcripts. Undergrad can be a PDF uploaded. I think if you get into a program some require official transcripts sent directly to the program. Hope that helps!

I just spoke to someone at Nova. Their application site will be down for about a week. So he said to just hang tight.

Hello,
Which Endo programs are notorious for favoring:

1. High rank
2. Dental students from same school

Thank you

Hello,
I was also wondering the same thing.
The site says it’s not required.

If you have to upload the undergrad transcript in PDF, where can you do that on ADEA PASS APP?
I appreciate it.

Hello,
I was also wondering the same thing.
The site says it’s not required.

If you have to upload the undergrad transcript in PDF, where can you do that on ADEA PASS APP?
I appreciate it.
There’s a section to upload your CV/resume, if you scroll down you will see the option to upload the unofficial undergrad transcript PDF

Hello,
Which Endo programs are notorious for favoring:

1. High rank
2. Dental students from same school

Thank you
Every school lol. I mean Endo is competitive. Just apply broadly and see how it goes honestly. There isn’t a formula to this process. What’s for you isn’t going to pass you by.

Anyone have tips or resources to prepare for interviews and all of the questions asked? Last year I remember being asked about a scenario about a file breaking in the root and what I would do. I've heard other stories where applicants were asked mechanism of action for certain drugs, etc... I know programs will definitely want to discuss endo research, but does anyone have any tips on how we can prepare for questions, conversations, etc...?

How many programs did everyone apply to? I applied to 14 and I feel like that is too much. I spent a lot of money.

Last edited:
How many programs did everyone apply to? I applied to 14 and I feel like that is too much. I spent all of money.
I’m applying to 10. Im not sure what the right number is though 🤷🏻‍♀️

Is it better to submit your application when all evals have been completed which may take time or to submit now and wait for the evals to be sent separately? Just wondering if programs will look at your application before it’s complete?

Is it better to submit your application when all evals have been completed which may take time or to submit now and wait for the evals to be sent separately? Just wondering if programs will look at your application before it’s complete?
I guess they would review when it’s complete.

That is so true. I only applied to couple as I cannot move the area. But it will be down to personal preference. You will have to select one program anyway once accepted.

oh man, I did 13 and I am wondering if I should add more. Some are so expensive though, the difference in tuition amongst endo schools is enormous. Its like anywhere between +40k (paid) and -120k/yr 😳

Reactions: 1 users
I'm applying to one because I have no choice at the moment. Everyone's gonna do great! :)

Hi all, anyone knows where to send official undergraduate transcripts to TUFT? , This is what i got from their website...but seems like PASS only allow unofficial transcripts for undergraduate...
Official transcripts from all post-secondary education completed prior to enrolling in dental school. Official transcripts may be uploaded through the PASS application service. If there are additional transcripts than PASS allows space to upload, PDF scans of the official transcripts may be submitted via email to [email protected]. If the university awarded you a degree, the degree conferral must be included on the transcript

Thanks for the help!

thanks for the help! I did get the response back from them, they said they just want "official transcript" because people have been uploading unclear unofficial transcript. In my mind, I thought they would like "sealed" official transcript..

Is anyone applying to UNC?
Is the link for UNC campus safety questions working for anyone?
Also, do we email or mail the UNC campus safety question + 2"x2" photo?
What is the mailing address or email we should send to?
Thank you

Thank you
Contact the school??? That should be your best bet. The share your findings here

Has anyone applied to MUSC or Nova yet? In their application instructions, they are asking you to forward your NBDE scores to a physical address, but ADA only lets you send it to emails and State Boards. A little confused if they want us to get the scores emailed to ourselves to print out and mail the physical copy or what.

Edit: Tried reaching out to them a week ago but haven't received a response

Last edited:
Thank you
I emailed the contact info from PASS and they replied to me with a form to fill and asked for the 2X2

Hi everyone,
I just saw an email from ADEA/PASS about having "office hours" May 25 from 12pm-2m eastern and May 26 from 2pm-4pm eastern. It is a live chat to ask questions about application and process. If your available it might be a good idea to logon and ask all your questions concerning applications. I just think sometimes this thread gets a bit redundant. Good luck with this crazy process!

Hey everyone! I had an older endodontist recommend that I save x-rays from all the endo cases I've done to show programs during interviews. Is that still a thing? And if yes, what format are you using to show programs? I imagine that virtual interviews will make that a bit more complicated.

Hey everyone! I had an older endodontist recommend that I save x-rays from all the endo cases I've done to show programs during interviews. Is that still a thing? And if yes, what format are you using to show programs? I imagine that virtual interviews will make that a bit more complicated.

Programs don't want to see your cases. They'll ask you how many cases you've done, what systems you use etc, but they don't care to see a portfolio of work. How would you even prove you did the cases?

Programs don't want to see your cases. They'll ask you how many cases you've done, what systems you use etc, but they don't care to see a portfolio of work. How would you even prove you did the cases?
-Good point! I've never heard anyone on here mention it, so I had a feeling it wasn't a thing anymore.

-Good point! I've never heard anyone on here mention it, so I had a feeling it wasn't a thing anymore.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a small portfolio made in the off chance they ask for it in the interview. I wouldn't go around trying to show it off though. I had someone ask me for one in my interview last year and I had to scramble and put one together afterwards.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a small portfolio made in the off chance they ask for it in the interview. I wouldn't go around trying to show it off though. I had someone ask me for one in my interview last year and I had to scramble and put one together afterwards.
Completley agree. Better to have some cases ready, but be humble about it and don't push it.

Reactions: 2 users