Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

Started by mmmcdowe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad

A true drink of culture
I see what you're trying to do, but that fancy italian cream soda article does not say "pour milk directly into coke and enjoy, Satan"
 
cream soda is not the same as pouring milk into a can of dr. pepper omg
20191001_184818.jpg
 
FTXs are fun (at least when Army does it). Set up the tents, get gassed, dig some holes, shoot some bullets, make some boom, simulated mass cals, walking across the hospital to hand deliver lab results because the system is down (or was never up). It’s a blast.

Yeah it’ll be fun. Our finals are Thursday and Friday and then we get 10 days of FTX and 5 days of liberty. It’ll be a nice break and good to feel like I’m actually in the military. On my 5 days of liberty I’m going to build a new dining room table.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’ll be fine.
I hope so....still haven't gotten the "complete" email though ( although even UNECOM took like 3-4 days to mark me complete even though I didn't make any mistakes there). I can always call/email if it takes too long ( bc I know they have all my other materials primary/MCAT/fee/and LOR"s since they went in through ACOMAS). I liked NYITCOM, don't wanna lose it lol.

Also, do you guys think working is necessarily harder than being in school full time? I feel like assuming you make enough to pay your bills, and are working your desired field, and don't have kids, that working really isn't much worse than being in school? I mean school has breaks that work doesn't have, but beyond that, actually making money rather than losing money sounds pretty tight.
 
He puts milk in his soda, you think Podcasts are the only viable news source, I condemn the very existence of a large premed support network, Engrailed thinks Wisconsin is in Norway, Embryo probably thinks heels go great in the lab...

We all have our flaws lol

Also a bit hurt i wasn’t included in the flaw parade :/
 
How much would you say is too much sleep? I sleep 7hrs+ a night and some people say that's too much.
Somehow I feel like you sleep like, 3 hrs.
I personally sleep between 3-6 hours a night. Too much sleep is >9 hours a night. I make the joke about AMCASTuesday because she overslept the squad date night.
 
I personally sleep between 3-6 hours a night. Too much sleep is >9 hours a night. I make the joke about AMCASTuesday because she overslept the squad date night.
Christ. No wonder time management isn't as bad as we may think for you ( between school/work/kid), you get a few extra hours a day with how much less sleep you need. How much caffeine do you have in a day?
 
Also, SDN Flaw parade:

 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this another thing like curry where I should know what it is but I don't?

Sorry, I come from a part of the country where going to Panda express is considered "Going out for 'ethnic' food."
It's similar to a curry. Uses a vinegar and tomato base with meat and potatoes and spices. I typically get the lamb. It's typically very spicy (but you can ask for less so). I think of it as a more flavorful, spicier curry. Basically curry 2.0 although that is probably the wrong way to think of it...
 
It's similar to a curry. Uses a vinegar and tomato base with meat and potatoes and spices. I typically get the lamb. It's typically very spicy (but you can ask for less so). I think of it as a more flavorful, spicier curry. Basically curry 2.0 although that is probably the wrong way to think of it...
y u know more about vindaloo than me and I'm brown
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay I know I keep talking about this but has anyone had experience returning a secondary app from a school outside of the " preferred turnaround time" ( Still thinking of NYITCOM's 10-day turnaround) still be complete and move through? I'm a little worried they tossed my app in the garbage....
 
Okay I know I keep talking about this but has anyone had experience returning a secondary app from a school outside of the " preferred turnaround time" ( Still thinking of NYITCOM's 10-day turnaround) still be complete and move through? I'm a little worried they tossed my app in the garbage....
Quite a few people have said "II" even after submitting within the recommended time frame. It shouldn't be too big of a deal
 
Quite a few people have said "II" even after submitting within the recommended time frame. It shouldn't be too big of a deal
Im saying that's not what I did ( or did you mean "outside of"). ( not to be dense just confirming).
Edit: Sorry my nueroticism/anxiety are insane rn as you can imagine....once the app cycle is over I should know peace...
 
Okay I know I keep talking about this but has anyone had experience returning a secondary app from a school outside of the " preferred turnaround time" ( Still thinking of NYITCOM's 10-day turnaround) still be complete and move through? I'm a little worried they tossed my app in the garbage....
Gurl, you good. Stop beating yourself up over these itty bitties. I told you this months ago - chillax.